Saitek wheel/pedal and side panel vs Logitech Extr 3d Pro joyst

W1der

Saitek wheel/pedal and side panel vs Logitech Extr 3d Pro joyst

Post by W1der »

So ...

I sent my Saitek controller in for warranty exchange and I am back on the Logitech Joystick.
What can I say other than ... this is a completely different game with the Saitek controller.

Regular farming is OK with the Logitech joystick but when it comes to forestry and the way I set my Saitek controller up ...
Well ... "logging" will have to wait until the Saitek controller is back on my desk!

If any one is thinking about getting the Saitek controller I would highly recommend getting the complete kit ... mostly because of the joystick on the side panel.
The smaller joystick is so much better than a big "floppy" one when it comes to forestry it´s also great for "looking around".
After getting used to it you will love it!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JTaylor801

Re: Saitek wheel/pedal and side panel vs Logitech Extr 3d Pro joyst

Post by JTaylor801 »

It is the "I sent my Saitek controller in for warranty exchange" part that I keep seeing as a general theme with this piece of hardware.
Happy Farming!

Check out my Farm Sim Blog
http://grizzlybearsims.com/
Realism through Simulation

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/grizzlybearsims

Follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/GrizzlyBearSims
W1der

Post by W1der »

JTaylor801 wrote:It is the "I sent my Saitek controller in for warranty exchange" part that I keep seeing as a general theme with this piece of hardware.
I am not to worried about that ...
People that has problems with something usually wants to tell the world about it ... Either to complain or to get help solving the problem.

Compared with other "toys" I bought there is actually a lot less complaints about the Saitek controller than I am used to.
But again ... I don't know how many they sold!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

So, are there lots of problems with just the steering wheel and pedals kit? You think it is worth the $150 for it? Thanks! :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

Meowmixer75 wrote:So, are there lots of problems with just the steering wheel and pedals kit? You think it is worth the $150 for it? Thanks! :)
So far I have not heard about "lots of problem".
But again ... there is not very much info about this at all ... mostly "a first look" clips on YT with guys that just got it (and has no clue what so ever of what they are doing with it). :hmm:

I would expect that customers with problems would appear on this forum to complain or find a solution ... but that does not seem to be the case here.
For me ... basically everything I bought the last 24 months has been faulty in some way. Before that I usually never had any problems with my "electronics". This has me thinking it is just "karma" looking my way ... :p

As long as any errors show themselves before the warranty period is over I consider myself lucky ... :)

In this case the retailer answered my email within 2 hours and offered me to send it back for an exchange.
W1der

Post by W1der »

This review is pretty much spot on ...

http://www.tentonhammer.com/review/sait ... ntrol-deck
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Cool! I will take a crack at it :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

I don't think this simulator warrants a wheel and pedals although I have the Logitech G29 but I never use it for FS. I don't think it's at the point to use them but that is just me personally and can understand other people using them but I just don't see the point really in the way the game is right now.