Another Windows Question... This Time: MS Office

JohnDeere318

Another Windows Question... This Time: MS Office

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Hello,

Another Windows question :zunge: ,

I have a hard drive that recently failed on a laptop that had MS Office 2016 Pro Plus on it, and I have already installed it twice (On my Windows 10 desktop and the laptop). So, I want it back, but what do I do to do that? I have already called MS and got lost. :neutralnew: This is a $400 PROGRAM and I am definitely NOT buying another. *thumbsdown* I need help, I want to install it on my Windows 7 machine. I know MS Office lets you install 2 times. I only have Office 2016 Pro Plus, so I really want it on my desktop. :smileynew: Any help is appreciated! :biggrin2:

Thank you! :D
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Gnasher3i6

Re: Another Windows Question... This Time: MS Office

Post by Gnasher3i6 »

I had a similar issue a few year's back with my MS Office disc.
It turned out that I could install it on unlimited systems but it would only run on the 2 most recent system's (I guess it checks the interweb for valid key when launched)
My office had a 2 unit licence (your's could be different.. or they may have changed the way they check the key now)

Have you tried installing it? or just assumed it wont work?
UK - PS4/PC Player
JTaylor801

Post by JTaylor801 »

You should be able to reinstall on the laptop after you replace the HDD. You may need to do the telephone activation process. Just explain what is going on.

If you are wanting to move the license to another PC, I'd still do the telephone option and explain you want to move the license from the laptop to the desktop.

I think either way you go, you'll need to speak to someone at Microsoft.
Happy Farming!

Check out my Farm Sim Blog
http://grizzlybearsims.com/
Realism through Simulation

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/grizzlybearsims

Follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/GrizzlyBearSims
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Gnasher3i6 wrote:I had a similar issue a few year's back with my MS Office disc.
It turned out that I could install it on unlimited systems but it would only run on the 2 most recent system's (I guess it checks the interweb for valid key when launched)
My office had a 2 unit licence (your's could be different.. or they may have changed the way they check the key now)

Have you tried installing it? or just assumed it wont work?
I have it happen to me before, I will try installing it and see if it will work. I will try to get back to you tomorrow. :)

How to post your log.txt
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

JTaylor801 wrote:You may need to do the telephone activation process. Just explain what is going on.
Ah, gotcha, I will do that when the Office pop says "Activate by telephone or online" and I will click telephone and call that number. I will try to get both of you back! :smileynew: Thanks for the quick responses. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt