Any Hunters out there?

Deadeye

Any Hunters out there?

Post by Deadeye »

So, I have a question, and it has literally NOTTHING to do but Farming Simulator. It always amazes me all the different types of people that play this game. So, just out of curiosity, are there any other hunters/fishermen out there that play this game? If not, or you're against it, I respect that, despite sharing a different opinion.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
JohnDeere318

Re: Any Hunters out there?

Post by JohnDeere318 »

My cousins fish and hunt, but my family doesn't. We fish a little here and there, but not a whole lot (maybe 2 or 3 times in my life). Just kind of boring to me :) I'm kind of more the music guy.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

Deadeye wrote:So, I have a question, and it has literally NOTTHING to do but Farming Simulator. It always amazes me all the different types of people that play this game. So, just out of curiosity, are there any other hunters/fishermen out there that play this game? If not, or you're against it, I respect that, despite sharing a different opinion.
Use to do a bit rabbit shooting and fox hunting while I grew up on the farm. Fishing was here and there... nothing regular, mainly at surf beaches or fresh water rivers.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Achtung Baby wrote:
Deadeye wrote:So, I have a question, and it has literally NOTTHING to do but Farming Simulator. It always amazes me all the different types of people that play this game. So, just out of curiosity, are there any other hunters/fishermen out there that play this game? If not, or you're against it, I respect that, despite sharing a different opinion.
Use to do a bit rabbit shooting and fox hunting while I grew up on the farm. Fishing was here and there... nothing regular, mainly at surf beaches or fresh water rivers.
Same here. I used to go out hunting with my dad. Deer, foxes, rabbit, hares, pheasant, pidgeon and so on. Damaged my ear shooting rook's with a shotgun and used it as an excuse to stop going hunting as i really grew to hate killing animals. Used to deliberately miss them in the end.
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

At least with rabbits and foxes, they are introduced animals here(Australia)... so the less of them we see, the better our native animals will flourish. Never a big fan of shotguns, those things would put your shoulder out they had such a big kick. Loved just taking the .22 rimfire.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

My dad used to have a semi auto shotgun a long time ago. Pretty painful. My weapon of choice on the farm when i was young was the old 4-10. Used to blast everything with it. Apart from the things i was meant to be shooting (rats and pigeons).
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

My dad has a 12 gauge shot gun, but we never use it except once --> which is don't want to talk about. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
Delta

Post by Delta »

I hunt deer, elk, turkeys, coyotes, and soon to be black bears when they open that season up.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Delta wrote:I hunt deer, elk, turkeys, coyotes, and soon to be black bears when they open that season up.
Do you make deer and elk sticks? Those are delicious! :smileynew: Do you any deers mounted on the wall at all?

How to post your log.txt
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

I hunt a lot here in NZ.

I am lucky that I can hunt deer, goats, sheep, rabbits, feral cats, turkeys, ducks and a few other bird species on my farm and often just see mobs of wild deer while I am out moving my cattle so I am pretty succesful in bringing home some meat!
I also cull wild goats for other farmers in the area, most other farmers around me are very old and can't be bothered going hunting themselves so they are happy for me to go and shoot as many goats as I like and take the meat home to feed my 12 dogs.

I have a pretty good gun collection, my main rifle is a fully custom built 243 Ackley Improved based on an M40 sniper rifle, it has a big scope and I can hit turkeys or other small game out past 1,000 yards with it on a good day.
I also have 223, 308 and 22LR bolt action rifles.
I use a Mossberg 500A1 pump action 12 gauge shotgun, I have a couple of barrels for it, a long vent rib barrel for bird shot, and a 20 inch barrel with rifle sights for buckshot and slugs.

I actually just put in an order for a couple of semi auto rifles, a nice little M4 carbine, nice and short and suppressed for goat shooting off my motorbike.
Also have a custom built AR308 under way, it will be built like a MK110 sniper rifle but with a nicer trigger and other higher grade parts than what the military guys have. Planning to run NightForce optics on that and it will be my long range, rapid fire goat culling rifle.
About a $7,000 gun so pretty serious piece of kit.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
matthewhawkins

Post by matthewhawkins »

Any of you guys use bows or sling shots for hunting... im from Australia i love shooting birds etc with sling shots!!
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

matthewhawkins wrote:Any of you guys use bows or sling shots for hunting... im from Australia i love shooting birds etc with sling shots!!
In P.E. I have used a sport bow, but not for hunting :) My cousins use bows for hunting.

How to post your log.txt
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

matthewhawkins wrote:Any of you guys use bows or sling shots for hunting... im from Australia i love shooting birds etc with sling shots!!
Used to have a black widow catapault.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

Yes I have a 50lb compound bow, currently set up for bow fishing, I have lots of koi carp in the river on my farm.
Also use it for normal archery and might get into some bow hunting.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
matthewhawkins

Post by matthewhawkins »

BullFarmer wrote: Yes I have a 50lb compound bow, currently set up for bow fishing, I have lots of koi carp in the river on my farm.
Also use it for normal archery and might get into some bow hunting.
Sweet as BullFarmer, sounds like fun shooting fish with bows ive heard of people doin it before!! where do u live??