Stupid people ...

W1der

Stupid people ...

Post by W1der »

This is a serious topic ... so please don´t find it "offending"!

Just a question to you guys.
How do you handle "stupid people" in your every day life?
I really struggle with it (read them) but getting slightly better at it at age of 40 ... :this:

Some time ago I realized I can´t change/educate all of them ... so I started trying to change my self ... but I find this really hard!
I am not saying that I am very intelligent ... I know I have flaws ... but when it comes to some people ... it seems really painful for them to use their brain more than a little bit at a time. Or maybe they are just really smart ... and "play" stupid :mrgreen:

Just to be clear ... I am not aiming this at any one on this forum ... (we are all here to learn from each other)!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
mayoollie

Re: Stupid people ...

Post by mayoollie »

W1der wrote:This is a serious topic ... so please don´t find it "offending"!

Just a question to you guys.
How do you handle "stupid people" in your every day life?
I really struggle with it (read them) but getting slightly better at it at age of 40 ... :this:

Some time ago I realized I can´t change/educate all of them ... so I started trying to change my self ... but I find this really hard!
I am not saying that I am very intelligent ... I know I have flaws ... but when it comes to some people ... it seems really painful for them to use their brain more than a little bit at a time. Or maybe they are just really smart ... and "play" stupid :mrgreen:
I get this same kind of feeling sometimes, though I'm not sure it is because people are stupid but rather viewing a problem from a different perspective, or are so uninformed that their thinking is just totally wrong.

I get people trying to tell me thinks that I know in my heart of hearts it is wrong, I just bite my tongue and pretend I didn't hear it.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
W1der

Post by W1der »

mayoollie wrote: I get this same kind of feeling sometimes, though I'm not sure it is because people are stupid but rather viewing a problem from a different perspective, or are so uninformed that their thinking is just totally wrong.

I get people trying to tell me thinks that I know in my heart of hearts it is wrong, I just bite my tongue and pretend I didn't hear it.
I find that a lot of people tend to think they "know it all" when they really don´t know half of it ...
For me I usually know when I am "the *$#%§*" and behave accordingly (but of course it happens that even I learn from my misstakes). :mrgreen:

This is my problem ... I can not just pretend "I did not hear that" as my brain starts bleeding when some one proofs themselves "stupid".
Especially at work as I often get affected from their stupidity.
Being slightly "aspie" I often fail at not calling them out on being stupid straight in their face, ending up hurting their feelings.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

W1der wrote:
mayoollie wrote: I get this same kind of feeling sometimes, though I'm not sure it is because people are stupid but rather viewing a problem from a different perspective, or are so uninformed that their thinking is just totally wrong.

I find that a lot of people tend to think they "know it all" when they really don´t know half of it ...
For me I usually know when I am "the *$#%§*" and behave accordingly (but of course it happens that even I learn from my misstakes). :mrgreen:

This is my problem ... I can not just pretend "I did not hear that" as my brain starts bleeding when some one proofs themselves "stupid".
Especially at work as I often get affected from their stupidity.
Being slightly "aspie" I often fail at not calling them out on being stupid straight in their face, ending up hurting their feelings.
I was speaking in terms of my experience involving my job. I have been technically trained, and do generally 'know' what I am saying and do believe it myself. Whilst I recognise there are a number of ways someone might approach a job but I also know what does not work at all or what is unlikely to work or end up being a problem. That said, if I don't know something, I am always the first to say so, and in this case seek advice from others or find out from other sources.

What makes me secretly laugh are people who say things I know are blatantly false, or where they are doing the absolute opposite of everyone else. There are good and sound technical reasons why people do things in a particular way. When people tell me they are not doing X, and then give some very flimsy reason, it does irritate me. But I have trained myself just to ignore it.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
W1der

Post by W1der »

I often find myself in situations like this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55 ... qA-uvZnaVg
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Opening up a can of whoop ass usually puts an end to people's stupidity. It's amazing what a good old fashioned blow to the jaw can achieve. Saving that, an extreme verbal onslaught of profanity laden diarrhoea does the trick. Powerful sarcasm is also an option, there's nothing funnier than watching someone (especially an authority figure) get angrier and angrier as you destroy their nonsense with sarcasm and a smile. The smile is important, in infuriates them all the more. Or you could also just ignore them.
W1der

Post by W1der »

trogladitez wrote:Opening up a can of whoop ass usually puts an end to people's stupidity. It's amazing what a good old fashioned blow to the jaw can achieve. Saving that, an extreme verbal onslaught of profanity laden diarrhoea does the trick. Powerful sarcasm is also an option, there's nothing funnier than watching someone (especially an authority figure) get angrier and angrier as you destroy their nonsense with sarcasm and a smile. The smile is important, in infuriates them all the more. Or you could also just ignore them.
Is this really your go to solution when you meet a person that "thinks differently" from you?
To punch them? I hope we never meet in person ... :lol:

The second part is actually something I find quite amusing ... at least when I am not a part of "the problem" ...
Using sarcasm wont usually solve any problems ... it will probably make them worse ... and I am kinda looking for "solutions" in all situations.

When I talk to some one that I am not able to figure out ... I tend to get a bit "paranoid" ... as my brain starts thinking that this person isn´t saying what they are thinking and that I am ment to understand their "hidden agenda" ... causing frustration and anger on my behalf.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

W1der wrote:
trogladitez wrote:Opening up a can of whoop ass usually puts an end to people's stupidity. It's amazing what a good old fashioned blow to the jaw can achieve. Saving that, an extreme verbal onslaught of profanity laden diarrhoea does the trick. Powerful sarcasm is also an option, there's nothing funnier than watching someone (especially an authority figure) get angrier and angrier as you destroy their nonsense with sarcasm and a smile. The smile is important, in infuriates them all the more. Or you could also just ignore them.
Is this really your go to solution when you meet a person that "thinks differently" from you?

The second part is actually something I find quite amusing ... at least when I am not a part of "the problem" ...
Using sarcasm wont usually solve any problems ... it will probably make them worse ... and I am kinda looking for "solutions" in all situations.

When I talk to some one that I am not able to figure out ... I tend to get a bit "paranoid" ... as my brain starts thinking that this person isn´t saying what they are thinking and that I am ment to understand their "hidden agenda" ... causing frustration and anger on my behalf.
Im Scottish, it's what we do. The best thing to do when dealing with a scot (male and female) is to work out the circumference of their head and keep exactly that distance between you. It's amazing how often that head will slam into the bridge of your nose during a "debate". I get angry and paranoid myself when dealing with people, especially, as i said before, authority figures. Getting pulled over by the cops on my bike?, well they're getting a mouthful. Just a basic defence mechanism on my part. However, i actually find it funny if people start getting angry with me and the paranoia disappears.
W1der

Post by W1der »

trogladitez wrote:
W1der wrote:

Im Scottish, it's what we do. The best thing to do when dealing with a scot (male and female) is to work out the circumference of their head and keep exactly that distance between you. It's amazing how often that head will slam into the bridge of your nose during a "debate". I get angry and paranoid myself when dealing with people, especially, as i said before, authority figures. Getting pulled over by the cops on my bike?, well they're getting a mouthful. Just a basic defence mechanism on my part. However, i actually find it funny if people start getting angry with me and the paranoia disappears.
Scottish ... OK ... that explains it ... :lol:
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Pray for them...............it helps
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Yes, the mighty haggis embraces all..ohmmm ..
usrailfan1

Post by usrailfan1 »

In the Comments section of a Mod Video: CAN I GET THIS ON XBOX?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

W1der you are not alone. :lol:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

I try to NOT deal with stupid people, I walk away from them...

Some are just ignorant, they need teaching, some are living in there own bubble, leave them there and others are plain a**ho*es, ignore them.

Nowadays I seems that people are more and more living in there own bubble. The don't care about there neighbors or there community. Going to work and coming home is the only time of day those species are out in the open. Don't worry about extinction of those species, they are thriving at the moment.
Those people loose the ability to be friendly to others, helping out in the community is unknown to them.

Real solution for them to get more involved with life is, Get up from your but and go out...Mingle
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

LS09God wrote:I try to NOT deal with stupid people, I walk away from them...

Some are just ignorant, they need teaching, some are living in there own bubble, leave them there and others are plain a**ho*es, ignore them.

Nowadays I seems that people are more and more living in there own bubble. The don't care about there neighbors or there community. Going to work and coming home is the only time of day those species are out in the open. Don't worry about extinction of those species, they are thriving at the moment.
Those people loose the ability to be friendly to others, helping out in the community is unknown to them.

Real solution for them to get more involved with life is, Get up from your but and go out...Mingle
No better way to put it! :lol: *thumbsup* I hate when people are on their phones and not doing work, that's what makes me frustrated and angry. I do not have a smartphone, most people do, but when I see them using it in school and at jobs, I just want to take their phone and smash it on the ground! :biggrin2: Why their parents give it to them is beyond me. :lol:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt