Pick 5 Vehicles/Equipment for FS17

Deadeye

Re: Pick 5 Vehicles/Equipment for FS17

Post by Deadeye »

Afaik, the mod support for consoles is still a go, no word on whether its going to be taking out. Thats my #1 thing im looking forward to for fs17.
I am going to hope that it is more than just mods from this site, but since those are all I use on PC now, it'd be ok. I personally would prefer for them to create their own mod portal where modders can post their work, instead of having a third party site.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Deadeye wrote:
Afaik, the mod support for consoles is still a go, no word on whether its going to be taking out. Thats my #1 thing im looking forward to for fs17.
I am going to hope that it is more than just mods from this site, but since those are all I use on PC now, it'd be ok. I personally would prefer for them to create their own mod portal where modders can post their work, instead of having a third party site.[/quote
A thread i seen said, that you click on a link in-game, and it takes you to the giants website, and download them from there, idk if they have anythinb else planned or what, but modding support will be on consoles, i hope they will have maps to, but idk if thats anything different from vehicles or not.
Shadow_ASP

Post by Shadow_ASP »

1. Claas Xerion SaddleTrac with working seed-container
  2. A square-baler with autowrap (Claas Quadrant 4200)
  3. A general purpose trailer to move eqipment with (flatbed trailer with locking-script?)
  4. A machine that can reliably pick up and stack logs with precission
  5. Log-winch for mounting on tractors
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Shadow_ASP wrote:
  1. Claas Xerion SaddleTrac with working seed-container
  2. A square-baler with autowrap (Claas Quadrant 4200)
  3. A general purpose trailer to move eqipment with (flatbed trailer with locking-script?)
  4. A machine that can reliably pick up and stack logs with precission
  5. Log-winch for mounting on tractors
Your choices are great, i could go for #5.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Your choices are great, i could go for #5.
I haven't seen a bad suggestion in this thread yet, actually. I have an idea I've been thinking about and sitting on for a while now. is a pretty broad idea. It would be something like soilmod, (only the type of soil also matters, such as clay, or some fields have more rocks than others) Say you buy a field initially, and you improve it by building drainage/irrigation ditches(there, just implemented the excavators and several other pieces of construction equipment). They could take it even further and just make it similar to in real life where you just buy a piece of land, and you may have to make the field yourself, cutting down trees and plowing, etc. I believe there is a map similar to that, but i'd just like to see that idea implemented into the base game. I feel GIANTS relies a bit too heavily on modders to make the game better, but I wish they would provide more of those things in the starting product.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Claas Xerion SaddleTrac with working seed-container
2.A square-baler with autowrap (Claas Quadrant 4200)
3.A general purpose trailer to move eqipment with (flatbed trailer with locking-script?)
4.A machine that can reliably pick up and stack logs with precission
5.Log-winch for mounting on tractors
Anyhow, I like these ideas, i'd even settle for a plane square bale wrapper for number 2. Still praying for a straight log truck with a tandem loader on the back.
Bosbouwerd

Post by Bosbouwerd »

Where do I start? I would like to get many things for FS17

#1. More different types of harrows, rolls and cultivators that you could put in the front and/or rear linkage. Or maybe attach to a seeder.

#2. Tractors from the 80's and 90's the brand they've got right now are fine by me.

#3. A smaller (twin axle) hooklift trailer.

#4. The option to put seedbins on your tractors. Like attached to the frontlinkage or the platform of the jcb.

#5. A single 'wheel' rake.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

keep in mind I am on console... so I have never had the opportunity to get the mods IF they exist..

1. Krone Big X cargo

2. now that we will be able to apparently pick up small items by hand.. a decent hand fed wood chipper like the Jenz HEM 540 ZA

3. Baler + wrapper (already mentioned by others)

4. for equipment...placeables in any form,... lighting, silos, pallets, fences, hedges, piles, sheds

5.hmmm... something to be named later

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
scinfaxi

Post by scinfaxi »

1. Oxbow Merger

2. Bottom Dump Grain Trailers

3. Disc Harrow

4. Case Row track and implements

5. Log Skidders

Bonus 6: Cotton & Cotton Picking

Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

scin, you hit the nail right on the head right there, as well. All of those are things that really should be in the game already. Logging equipment should definitely be more refined and extensive this time around, but little has been told about it currently. As for the cotton picker, it's always been an idea of mine to have a self-propelled picker like that. I believe there are even some that bale up the cotton, if i'm not mistaken.
Largan

Post by Largan »

1. More placeable objects: Silos, garages, storage buildings, drilled wells with free water etc. Dream would be to be able to build the farm from stratch.
2. A wood chipper that can be left running and loaded with a frontloader etc.
3. Bulldozer, excavator etc to be able to landscape, even fields making roads etc.
4. Bigger mobile water tank!!!
5. Logging equipment - pull logs, heavy duty frontloaders for trees and better log forks.
Xbox ONE: Felsbrunn.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

BigC92 wrote:I would like more choices in the potato and beet harvesters, if its possible, that my number one. And one more thing, just thought about it, how about a NH tracked skidsteer?
I second this, especially when it comes to potato planting equipment. Currently, the widest potato planter is 6 meters wide. Grimme makes an 8 meter version, but for some reason, neither Giants nor modders have included it in the game.

I'd also like to see more grain trucks and dump trucks in the game. A few modders have made some good ones, but for the most part, most are unrealistic when it comes to engine horsepower and/or capacity of the truck. In my home state of Montana, most farmers use grain or dump trucks as opposed to tipper trailers pulled by tractors. When I was young and helping my grandfather on his farm, he used grain trucks to haul the crops from the field to the silos, and even from the silos to the selling point.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

jeremyj621 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:I would like more choices in the potato and beet harvesters, if its possible, that my number one. And one more thing, just thought about it, how about a NH tracked skidsteer?
I second this, especially when it comes to potato planting equipment. Currently, the widest potato planter is 6 meters wide. Grimme makes an 8 meter version, but for some reason, neither Giants nor modders have included it in the game.

I'd also like to see more grain trucks and dump trucks in the game. A few modders have made some good ones, but for the most part, most are unrealistic when it comes to engine horsepower and/or capacity of the truck. In my home state of Montana, most farmers use grain or dump trucks as opposed to tipper trailers pulled by tractors. When I was young and helping my grandfather on his farm, he used grain trucks to haul the crops from the field to the silos, and even from the silos to the selling point.
Theres way more semi's 4 so far, 1 Tatra, 1 Man, 2 Lizard's, maybe more to come. I know that not the answer your looking for but its great we get more semi's.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

BigC92 wrote:
jeremyj621 wrote:

Theres way more semi's 4 so far, 1 Tatra, 1 Man, 2 Lizard's, maybe more to come. I know that not the answer your looking for but its great we get more semi's.
I am glad as well that we are getting more semi's in the game. *thumbsup* I was sad when they didn't include the Lizard semi from FS2013 Titanium Edition. :sadnew: That semi was a great Peterbilt! :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
eric21

Post by eric21 »

jeremyj621 wrote:

They dont make the 8m, unless is a custom modified