FS17? I’m totally sold! (New Features)

Nordvarg

FS17? I’m totally sold! (New Features)

Post by Nordvarg »

Seriously, Giants! I’m old. But you’ve made me feel like a kid, waiting for Christmas that is too far away! :lol:

The reports that are coming out from FarmCon 16 are just a joy to read. I’ve compiled a list of new features that are mentioned in those report. All I can say is Wow!! *thumbsup* (Be aware that I’ve used Google translate for this. Stuff may have gotten lost in translation..)

p.s. Some of these options can adjusted in the game's settings.
  • The menu has gotten 12 new graphics settings.
  • Your character (male or female) can wear different clothes. You can also name them.
  • Helpers are more intelligent. They detect obstacles. They also refill fuel and seed.
  • A message appears on the screen when the helper has stopped or is finished (like Courseplay).
  • Lights (including blinkers) have been massively improved.
  • The number of dynamic lights is massively increased.
  • Vehicle lights will stay on if you leave the vehicle.
  • Engine sounds have been massively improved.
  • There are 3 different fertilization levels - Each level increases yield with 30 %.
  • Plowing is necessary after every 3rd harvest to get an increase in yield (10 %).
  • Oil reddish as green manure / cover crop.
  • Seeds and fertilizers comes on pallets (some say Big Bags) that can be transported.
  • Sowing machines can be filled from Big Bags, using a pallet fork.
  • Train and train station cranes are operable.
  • Objects like tree trunks, bales and pallets can be secured during transport using straps.
  • Small objects below a certain weight can be picked up and moved by the character.
  • Tires deform more or less depending on the load.
  • Default vehicles are multi fruit capable.
  • Manual ignition and "Stop & Go Pedal".
  • Animals now have to be supplied with water.
  • You have to clean up after your animals.
  • Animals reproduce (if they are happy).
  • When you buy animals, you can have them delivered (at a cost) or transport them yourself.
  • You can transport the animals using the new Joskin RDS 7500 Betimax.
  • You’ll be able to customize the vehicles prior to buying them. Customization options depends on the brand. E.g. Valtra Taktor T Series: color, engine, front loader. The Fendt 939: twin wheels, wide tires, wheel weights.
  • Vehicle customization after purchase can be performed a workshop.
  • You can lease machines for 1/10 of the regular price.
  • Silo capacities are limited. More silos can be purchased.
  • Other new placeable objects are workshops (some also mention water towers and barns).
  • Synchronization in multiplayer significantly accelerated.
  • Grass and trees look much more realistic and better (no more hexagonal trunks).
  • Mixed Ration can now be bought.
  • There is a new small wood chipper.
  • The content / features of the console and PC version are exactly the same.
So to everyone saying “… it’s just FS15 with some new brands…” You clearly have no idea what you are talking about :wink3:

(Sources: Agrarteam Franken, Jeytav, Karvon, Burning Gamers, Panzer66, LS Infos)

New screenshots (Copyright Giants Software)

W1der

Re: FS17? I’m totally sold! (New Features)

Post by W1der »

... I am so going to have to buy me a new gaming PC for this!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

If I wasn't sold already, I definitely am now, after seeing a complete list of gameplay features. Will be picking this up from Wally World as soon as possible after launch on the PS4.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
W1der

Post by W1der »

Anything about improved log handling or if there will be a pre-order bonus?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Nordvarg

Post by Nordvarg »

W1der wrote:Anything about improved log handling ...?
Sorry. Nothing about forestry in the reports I've read so far. Perhaps it wasn't on the agenda this weekend. Maybe we'll learn more during Gamescom (August 17th to 21st) :)
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

2 questions, will we see some sort of graphics update, and on that last picture, what is that tractor pulling? Im game!
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

BigC92 wrote:2 questions, will we see some sort of graphics update, and on that last picture, what is that tractor pulling? Im game!
the trailer in the last image is a livestock trailer (a BETIMAX RDS made by Joskin), used to transport sheep and cows etc, given
Nordvarg wrote:[*] When you buy animals, you can have them delivered (at a cost) or transport them yourself.
it will be interesting to see if we get any other Joskin equipment.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Oh ok, thats sweet, it almost looked like the slurry refill tank from fs15. You also left out is mods on consoles, and Internet radio or downloaded music from what i understand anyways.
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

A few things listed there are nice to see... was really hoping to see weather effecting crops etc, but it's a step in the right direction. Looks like my iMac will have to settle for medium graphics settings.
Nordvarg

Post by Nordvarg »

BigC92 wrote:You also left out is mods on consoles, and Internet radio or downloaded music from what i understand anyways.
Yes, those are great additions, as well. Thanks for mentioning them :)
Achtung Baby wrote:... was really hoping to see weather effecting crops etc...
Well, Gamescom is only weeks away. Perhaps Giants will reveal more features then? :wink3:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Nordvarg wrote:
BigC92 wrote:You also left out is mods on consoles, and Internet radio or downloaded music from what i understand anyways.
Yes, those are great additions, as well. Thanks for mentioning them :)
Well, Gamescom is only weeks away. Perhaps Giants will reveal more features then? :wink3:
Your welcome, but this game is in early stages, so like you said more features will be revealed. Keep us updated my friend. You know something, I stayed up till noon The next day playing fs13, is fs17 going to be the same way? I think all signs are pointing to yes!
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

Nordvarg wrote:
I'd be interested for sure.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I can only say WOW... ALOT of the things I wanted to see are in there now... especially the lighting, more placeables and limited silos.. colour me impressed. I cannot wait now to play.. I had been quite reserved about the release and was going to wait to see some reviews post release but I think this came a lot closer to being a day one for me... I will definitely be watching for more information but congratulations to Giants... it looks like everyone has been paying attention to what we want.

I am also glad to see they are implementing an incremental system for fertilization and ploughing that increases yields on a percentage basis... I had ranted about this here somewhere previously... I think it mimics more closely real world farming, and makes it more closer to a farming "simulator" than a straight up 100% yield bonus for doing anything...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

I am really impressed by what has been announced so far!
Looks like FS17 is going to be a really big improvement in all areas compared to FS15!
Looks like they have implemented practically everything that people have been asking for on here, so it seems like Giants really do look at the feedback we give them.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

just an observation, but the rear and front-most wheels on the above plough don't have planetary reduction hubs and the tread cleats face the opposite way on the rearmost wheel, while the front wheel has a tyre tread more like the two centre wheels with a conventional ribbed implement tyres.

http://salfordgroup.com/
http://salfordgroup.com/8200-tandem-flex-trail-plow
http://salfordgroup.com/8300-tandem-flex-trail-plow
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge: