FS17 Dev Logs (Yay!!) #1 - Mission System

Nordvarg

FS17 Dev Logs (Yay!!) #1 - Mission System

Post by Nordvarg »

Giants has started releasing dev logs :) Very good *thumbsup*

The first one is all about the FS17 mission system. It's a lot different from what we are used to. And it looks great! Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/farming- ... 3657628778

cr41g_1965

Re: FS17 Dev Logs (Yay!!) #1 - Mission System

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Very interesting read... as to the changes for doing contract work. I like that all the fields you DON'T own will go through their respective growth cycles becuase they are in use by other farmers until you purchase.. I would still like to see the payouts you recieve for doing this work cut in half... i still think it is way too easy to make money this way.
Last edited by cr41g_1965 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Nordvarg

Post by Nordvarg »

cr41g_1965 wrote:Very interesting read... as to the changes for doing contract work. I like that all the fields you DON'T own will go through their respective growth cycles becuase they are in use by other farmers until you purchase.. I would still like to see the payouits you recieve for doing this work cut in half... i still think it is way too easy to make money this way.
Maybe you'll get a lot less money if you choose to play on "Hard"?

Anyways, I'm really happy that the missions in FS17 are all about agri stuff. I believe I've only transported a couple of Soda pallets before deciding it wasn't for me... :lol:

Kudos to Giants for releasing dev logs. Nice move! *thumbsup*
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Nordvarg wrote:
cr41g_1965 wrote:Very interesting read... as to the changes for doing contract work. I like that all the fields you DON'T own will go through their respective growth cycles becuase they are in use by other farmers until you purchase.. I would still like to see the payouits you recieve for doing this work cut in half... i still think it is way too easy to make money this way.
Maybe you'll get a lot less money if you choose to play on "Hard"?

Anyways, I'm really happy that the missions in FS17 are all about agri stuff. I believe I've only transported a couple of Soda pallets before deciding it wasn't for me... :lol:

Kudos to Giants for releasing dev logs. Nice move! *thumbsup*
that actually hadn't occured to me... hahahaha.... yes lets hope that the payout is a reflection of EASY mode.. as I always play on hard.

I too did the missions is FS15 only briefly.. between the soda pallets and the missing luggage it was kind of boring... I eventually disabled them

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

It makes me wander if you are forced to use the supplied equipment for the mission, rather than your own equipment, if your own equipment is ultimately more efficient.

for example, lets say you have a significantly wider sprayer and a suitable tractor that can cover much more ground per min, can you use that instead of the supplied tractor and sprayer.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Now that cooler then stuff, will we have a job board, or will it pop up when we play? I would like to know more about maintenance shop, is just for inflate and deflate tires, or is there more to it then that, idea here, lets say, your tractor breaks down, some sort of hose for example, would we bring it to the shop and they fix it or whats the deal here? Maybe a dev or someone could answer this please.
W1der

Post by W1der »

b101uk wrote:It makes me wander if you are forced to use the supplied equipment for the mission, rather than your own equipment, if your own equipment is ultimately more efficient.

for example, lets say you have a significantly wider sprayer and a suitable tractor that can cover much more ground per min, can you use that instead of the supplied tractor and sprayer.
By pressing ‘Start’, you’ll initiate the mission. Following this, all relevant vehicles and equipment will appear in front of you. Often, these will be too expensive for you to purchase for yourself, making missions a great way to learn how to use them!
Good question ...
Basically ... don´t use what spawns in front of you ... and just switch to any other vehicle you have available ...
Hjm ... I guess we will have to test this ... :mrgreen:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

cr41g_1965 wrote:Very interesting read... as to the changes for doing contract work. I like that all the fields you DON'T own will go through their respective growth cycles becuase they are in use by other farmers until you purchase.. I would still like to see the payouts you recieve for doing this work cut in half... i still think it is way too easy to make money this way.
I do agree, but on hard difficulty the rates are half of that on normal, and quarter of that of easy if I recall in fs15.

however what if its a flat rate vs area, €11,662 may seam a little high for high speed fertiliser spraying or spreading of 2.91Ha (7.19Ac [29100m2] (equivalent to a field of e.g. of ~170.587m x ~170.587m to ~341.174m x ~85.293m etc)), but to plough it with a 4-6 furrow plough, or cultivate it 3m-4m cultivator, or harvest with a 4m-6m combine etc it dose swing the other way unless you can use your own much bigger equipment, however using your own equipment for some jobs will also force the fertiliser or seed cost (fuel too but that is minimal cost) onto you to come out of the €11,662, as one would assume "supplied" equipment is "full" of fertiliser and seed etc where appropriate.

however I can see anomalies arising e.g. in potato planting "jobs", as you would use more than €11,662 of seed potato's being used (FS15 prices) on a 2.91Ha field unless you were to refill the planter from your own potato shed to mitigate cost (assuming they don't have a tipper trailer capable of tipping into the planter as part of the equipment supplied for the job with extra seed potato's in it for refilling planter).

it will definitely add to MP to keep people occupied between work on your own fields, though now that ploughing/cultivation has some extra use there will be more jobs to do anyway on your own fields.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

b101uk wrote:
cr41g_1965 wrote:Very interesting read... as to the changes for doing contract work. I like that all the fields you DON'T own will go through their respective growth cycles becuase they are in use by other farmers until you purchase.. I would still like to see the payouts you recieve for doing this work cut in half... i still think it is way too easy to make money this way.
I do agree, but on hard difficulty the rates are half of that on normal, and quarter of that of easy if I recall in fs15.

however what if its a flat rate vs area, €11,662 may seam a little high for high speed fertiliser spraying or spreading of 2.91Ha (7.19Ac [29100m2] (equivalent to a field of e.g. of ~170.587m x ~170.587m to ~341.174m x ~85.293m etc)), but to plough it with a 4-6 furrow plough, or cultivate it 3m-4m cultivator, or harvest with a 4m-6m combine etc it dose swing the other way unless you can use your own much bigger equipment, however using your own equipment for some jobs will also force the fertiliser or seed cost (fuel too but that is minimal cost) onto you to come out of the €11,662, as one would assume "supplied" equipment is "full" of fertiliser and seed etc where appropriate.

however I can see anomalies arising e.g. in potato planting "jobs", as you would use more than €11,662 of seed potato's being used (FS15 prices) on a 2.91Ha field unless you were to refill the planter from your own potato shed to mitigate cost (assuming they don't have a tipper trailer capable of tipping into the planter as part of the equipment supplied for the job with extra seed potato's in it for refilling planter).

it will definitely add to MP to keep people occupied between work on your own fields, though now that ploughing/cultivation has some extra use there will be more jobs to do anyway on your own fields.
I had thought about this as well.. I am assuming that because you are using the supplied equipment that fuel costs, seeds and fertilizer would be supplied by the contractee to do the work.. and therefore those costs would not come out of your payout.. all I know is I can't wait to see.

I can't believe how excited I am for this to come out. I have rarely played in multi-player under the current version of the game but I will be looking for new PSN friends for sure to work on my farm while I help with theirs... currently running around in The Division if anyone wants to join me until FS17 releases.. message me

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2