RC lawn mover tractor ...

W1der

RC lawn mover tractor ...

Post by W1der »

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
b101uk

Re: RC lawn mover tractor ...

Post by b101uk »

very good.

however an acquaintance who has a Unimog U4000 and a Unimog U500 has a remote control system that can be used on either that uses CAN-bus, so he can control almost every aspect of them, its quite something to remotely control a full size vehicle.

with newer vehicles especially trucks, tractors and other industrial vehicles with CAN-bus its quite amazing what you can do for not a lot of money (comparatively) or knowhow IF the manufacture released the information like Merc do with their Unimog's and trucks.

he got his remote control system with his U500 which was formerly a road-rail locomotive used for shunting rail wagons, which had all the rail equipment stripped off and reverted to a tractor, he then just added an auto-steer unit normally used with GPS to provide the steering element that was missing from the rail remote control system, and because CAN-bus is unified across Unimog's its easy to swap from one to the other.

unfortunately my Unimog U1600 predates CAN-bus and has no ECU to control, so would be a far more complex, expensive and ultimately pointless thing to achieve.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
JohnDeere318

Re: RC lawn mover tractor ...

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I need one of those!!! :lol:

Just kitten with ya, I love my JD 318 and wouldn't give it up for anything.
(^^^^^see what I did there ;))
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt