Adult, or not?

janfrekv

Adult, or not?

Post by janfrekv »

I'm considered being an adult person/player. Meaning - i have kids, and potential grandchildren. What in some areas is considered slow movements and slow moving brain.

I ran into a "serious problem" playing FS15 with good friends the other night; I couldn't find my Fliegls! I had this "train" set up - with 3 trailers and one put on ground (use to fit on my Volvo, on the Pleasant Valley map).

Then, it struck me... I asked my mates being online with me to shout out if they saw some wild Fliegls. And - I found them, after a very good tip ;)

But! Imagine going to the doctor, explaining the "pros and cons in your life at the current moment" - then trying to explain you had some Fliegls on the loose, while you were refueling an alcohol-producing virtual factory........ I would most likely be institutionalized instantly, against my will :P

If you're 15, sure, "everyone" will nod their head and praise you for playing a computergame that doesn't inflick death and destruction to anything moving.

If you're 50+ - how do the rest of you "hide" from the rest of the family, while you play farming simulator? ;)
Delta

Re: Adult, or not?

Post by Delta »

Hello, moving your topic to the off topic section.
viewtopic.php?f=835&t=94811
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
W1der

Post by W1der »

janfrekv wrote:I'm considered being an adult person/player. Meaning - i have kids, and potential grandchildren. What in some areas is considered slow movements and slow moving brain.

I ran into a "serious problem" playing FS15 with good friends the other night; I couldn't find my Fliegls! I had this "train" set up - with 3 trailers and one put on ground (use to fit on my Volvo, on the Pleasant Valley map).

Then, it struck me... I asked my mates being online with me to shout out if they saw some wild Fliegls. And - I found them, after a very good tip ;)

But! Imagine going to the doctor, explaining the "pros and cons in your life at the current moment" - then trying to explain you had some Fliegls on the loose, while you were refueling an alcohol-producing virtual factory........ I would most likely be institutionalized instantly, against my will :P

If you're 15, sure, "everyone" will nod their head and praise you for playing a computergame that doesn't inflick death and destruction to anything moving.

If you're 50+ - how do the rest of you "hide" from the rest of the family, while you play farming simulator? ;)
This is funny ... :mrgreen:

I am 40+ ... and I totally get you!

This game is my "empty box" ... others go fishing, hunting or do sports to get their mind of "every day problems".
It helps me relax ... and my "wife" is very understanding about it all!
When I am "farming" (getting some valuable "me time") ... she uses that time, to do the things she likes to do.
It is a win/win really ... *thumbsup*

The only time I feel that I "need to hide my "gaming" from others, is when the kids has friends over and their parents show up to get them ... or when "her parents" come to visit ... :blushnew:

Boys will always be boys ...
The only difference is that ... as we "grow up" ... we can afford more expensive toys ... :lol:
Last edited by W1der on Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

I agree with you both. Like W1der I play FS to unwind and relax after a day of hard labor. The perfect game to do just that, no heavy thinking required. :gamer:

Hiding for others while playing is not my way of playing. If somebody thinks wrong about it then,... good for them. I really don't care what others think about me playing Farming Simulator.
It's like playing with trainsets, you're never to old to play with them. So, FS is for ages 3 to 100... *thumbsup*

Edit: Age 45... :blushnew:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I am not an adult. :blushnew: I am 17, but I totally get what you guys are saying. Farming Simulator does help me from a long day at school to just relax and have a little fun. For me, I don't like parties and never am a party guy, but I think Farming Simulator is kind of like my party... I guess. :lol: I do feel like I am in my 50's for some odd reason... :hmm: I just don't feel like "my generation." With the immaturity kids are, I don't feel like that, I am mature everywhere I go, and do stuff professionally, instead of many people at my school that "half-ass" things (Sorry for language). Drive me nuts when they do that. (Sorry if I am being "off-topic." :smileynew: )
LS09God wrote:It's like playing with trainsets, you're never to old to play with them. So, FS is for ages 3 to 100... *thumbsup*
I so agree! I will be playing Farming Simulator until the day I die! :biggrin2:
LS09God wrote:I really don't care what others think about me playing Farming Simulator.
I think the same thing, I honestly think it is a learning experience playing the game, because you get to see how it works, you learn about finances, you learn about soil management (FS17), you learn about taking good care of your equipment and crops, and so much more! :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Yyrgn

Post by Yyrgn »

Why to hide farming simulation? Do the others hide their pubs and bars while drinking their beer in the evening or hide the TV shows they are watching? In my opinion playing any game after work is the same as drinking a beer or watching TV - it' for relaxing... Before playing farming simulation i was member of a virtual fighter pilot squad (IL-2) and Flight Simulator X, and i was the youngest, some of these guys have been 65+. When my dad came over to visit us and saw us playing, he asked me, if he could try also - he was 74 that time and never had a pc...
Few years ago we took "her" father to our house (his wife died and we didn't want him to stay alone in his flat); one day he put 1K on my desk and said: "screens, we need bigger screens..." So we went to the store and bought a bigger TV for him and two computer screens for me and her. When i asked him, why, he replied: "i can't eat that money, but we can have more fun".
My wife (she turns 60 this year) is playing Guild War since nearly ten years with some friends (in same age), sitting next to me while i'm playing my simulators. And if someone comes to visit us, there is no need to hide anything, we are free minded to do what we want...
it's kind of interesting, when our visitors are younger (from 15 up to 30...), they are watching our games : you are this old and still playing? What's this game, what can i do... hey, that's better than just staring on TV or listening to music and doing nothing.... etc.
for me, 54 now, playing is part of my life, it always was and i can remember a friend, who said more than 30 years ago (when is wife wanted to have kids): the child inside a man replaces the pregnancy of his wife...
so keep on playing and feed the child inside :-)
W1der

Post by W1der »

Yyrgn wrote:Why to hide farming simulation? Do the others hide their pubs and bars while drinking their beer in the evening or hide the TV shows they are watching? In my opinion playing any game after work is the same as drinking a beer or watching TV - it' for relaxing... Before playing farming simulation i was member of a virtual fighter pilot squad (IL-2) and Flight Simulator X, and i was the youngest, some of these guys have been 65+. When my dad came over to visit us and saw us playing, he asked me, if he could try also - he was 74 that time and never had a pc...
Few years ago we took "her" father to our house (his wife died and we didn't want him to stay alone in his flat); one day he put 1K on my desk and said: "screens, we need bigger screens..." So we went to the store and bought a bigger TV for him and two computer screens for me and her. When i asked him, why, he replied: "i can't eat that money, but we can have more fun".
My wife (she turns 60 this year) is playing Guild War since nearly ten years with some friends (in same age), sitting next to me while i'm playing my simulators. And if someone comes to visit us, there is no need to hide anything, we are free minded to do what we want...
it's kind of interesting, when our visitors are younger (from 15 up to 30...), they are watching our games : you are this old and still playing? What's this game, what can i do... hey, that's better than just staring on TV or listening to music and doing nothing.... etc.
for me, 54 now, playing is part of my life, it always was and i can remember a friend, who said more than 30 years ago (when is wife wanted to have kids): the child inside a man replaces the pregnancy of his wife...
so keep on playing and feed the child inside :-)
Wow ...
This post ... thank you so much!

Just gave me some new insights about "life"! ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

I have a few years under my belt and it's getting harder to remember how many. :lol: But I play F.S. for the simple fact that it isn't a blow someone's brains out kind of game. Those kind of games I do not care to play. And a Thank You to Giants for putting out a game that is clean fun. *thumbsup* I could care less what others think about a man my age playing this game. That's there problem not mine.
elmike

Post by elmike »

Hi,

I also never hid that i was playing FS or ETS2, and my present to me for christmas was and is the LEGO technic flagship model. (By the way, this year's is a Claas Xerion Trac VC).
While LEGO seems to be appropriate for grown men, FS/ETS often earned me some awkward looks in the past. But this changed, and people seem to get the point of these so called "podcast games" (because you can listen to a podcast while playing)

Last weekend, some friends and me (all around 40) gathered for a BBQ... and everybody brought their Super Soakers (water pistols, 20 years old=) and we had great fun... with all the children! ... it was even raining, but, hey! We got wet anyway! =)
If i try to think, that my father would have done this with his friends at my age... well.. i just can't imagine it.

Conclusion: "You don't stop playing, because you get old. You get old, because you stop playing"
(Does anybody know, who said this?)

elmike
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

elmike wrote:"You don't stop playing, because you get old. You get old, because you stop playing"
That is a great saying (whoever said it)!!!! :D

How to post your log.txt
Mythtaken

Post by Mythtaken »

Don't hide your gaming from family and friends; share it. I'm closing in on 60 and have been playing games all my life, going from board games to video arcades to computer games. When our kids were still at home, we spent hours playing games together.

These days I mostly focus on Farming Sim, ETS2, and a few racing sims. All our friends know I do it and when we get together, several of them make a point to find out what I've been up to. Discussing it has encouraged a few friends to take up gaming too.

Playing FS15 has broadened my scope of conversation as well. Although I'm a "city kid", I live in the heart of my country's largest agricultural area, and several family members do farm. None of them see it as something silly or embarrassing. Whenever I see my brother-in-law, he makes a point of asking about my virtual farming and we have long discussions about crops and yields, equipment and farming practices -- much of which I try to emulate in my play. Before Farming Simulator, I didn't have a clue about any of that. Playing the game inspired me to spend time researching and learning more about the industry.
If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.
Largan

Post by Largan »

I am 33 years old and have been playing video/computer game since forever. Some people around me play, others don't. For me it was harder when I was younger to "admit" or talk about my gaming. Nowadays I work and do what the heck I want with my spare time. I work around people all day, with stress and responsibilities.

That's why it's nice to get a little time with FS15. For me it's a way to clear my head and let go of the every day demands and get some relaxation.
These last few sessions haven't been so much about making money or producing, it's been more about landscaping and clearing trees for greenhouses, plowing and cultivating trailer parking and equipment storage.

Mindfulness is a word of todays, Farming Simulator is mindfulness.
Xbox ONE: Felsbrunn.
JTaylor801

Post by JTaylor801 »

I'll turn 50 in less than one month. As others have said, FS15, ATS etc. are stress relievers. I don't go to bars, I don't gamble....I enjoy many hobbies. Gaming (especially FS15) is my true relaxation.

J
Happy Farming!

Check out my Farm Sim Blog
http://grizzlybearsims.com/
Realism through Simulation

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/grizzlybearsims

Follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/GrizzlyBearSims
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

JTaylor801 wrote:I'll turn 50 in less than one month. As others have said, FS15, ATS etc. are stress relievers. I don't go to bars, I don't gamble....I enjoy many hobbies. Gaming (especially FS15) is my true relaxation.

J
I agree with this post. *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

51... game every night.. wife permitting.. hahaha

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2