Looking for some help on the MacBook Air

JohnDeere318

Looking for some help on the MacBook Air

Post by JohnDeere318 »

:hi:

I am looking for some help on the MacBook Air 13.3" model, shown here.

Is this worth the $1200? The reason why I wouldn't mind spending that much is because, I want portability and something that will last longer than one year. My HP 15, after I upgraded to Windows 10 it doesn't load anything until you give it 5 minutes and with Windows 8.1 it look about 2 minutes to load up things. The Hard Drive is not bad, I did do a drive test and it tested good.

I am using my school's MacBook Air 11.6" right now and just love OS X El Capitan! So beautiful and fast. I just want two separate computers, one just for gaming, and one just for everyday use so I can use this Mac wherever and whenever. And, I have always just wanted a MacBook, but never really got hooked on long enough because of the price, but I think this will be a good switch from Windows 10 Laptop to MacBook Air.

I like how you don't need an Anti-Virus and Mac's last. I have gone through 5 laptops over the years since I was 12 and it has just gotten worse.

All I am looking at is for some pros and cons and some opinions on this. Also, if you think I should get any add-ons for this, please don't be shy to! :smileynew:

My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
cr41g_1965

Re: Looking for some help on the MacBook Air

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I have a MacBook Air 13... I use it strictly for working.. its currently about 5 years old...it turns on and starts up right away.. no waiting... never had an issue, and free OS updates. It is the best laptop I have ever had.

That being said it will probably also be my last computer. Computer sales generally are in decline..the only increase being for gaming machines. At work here there are very few left in the office... smart phones and tablets have taken over everywhere except for the CAD office... where huge screens still rule.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
JohnDeere318

Re: Looking for some help on the MacBook Air

Post by JohnDeere318 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:I have a MacBook Air 13... I use it strictly for working.. its currently about 5 years old...it turns on and starts up right away.. no waiting... never had an issue, and free OS updates. It is the best laptop I have ever had.

That being said it will probably also be my last computer. Computer sales generally are in decline..the only increase being for gaming machines. At work here there are very few left in the office... smart phones and tablets have taken over everywhere except for the CAD office... where huge screens still rule.
Thank you for replying! :smileynew:

That is good to hear that it is lasting 5 years now and that it has never had an issue. The Free OS Updates are another thing why I like the Mac's. I will have to save up a lot of money to be able to purchase this. :smiley new:

Edit: How long does your battery life usually last? I could not stand using tablets and smartphones. :lol: They are just too small, big screens do rule. *thumbsup*
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt