Forum Signatures

Mike3650

Forum Signatures

Post by Mike3650 »

Does this forum have any rules regarding signature sizes? I've had a look but can't see anything mentioned.

The reason I ask is that there are some here with very large signatures which makes it more difficult to view the forums on mobile devices. Other forums I use have specific rules regarding the size of signature you are allowed.
JohnDeere318

Re: Forum Signatures

Post by JohnDeere318 »

There is a 400 character limit.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Please check out viewtopic.php?f=831&t=74799 for the current rules of this forum. As you can see there, there are currently no rules limiting the size of signatures. If you think such a limit is needed, please contact MadMax, he's the primary maintainer of this forum and the author of the forum rules.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

don_apple wrote:Please check out viewtopic.php?f=831&t=74799 for the current rules of this forum. As you can see there, there are currently no rules limiting the size of signatures. If you think such a limit is needed, please contact MadMax, he's the primary maintainer of this forum and the author of the forum rules.
Many thanks for your reply.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Plus, the other reason why I have such a large signature is in case I have a problem, it is easier for people to know what I have other than asking me all of the time. I wish there was a spot on the forum that had a "System Specs" where you can click on an arrow to expand your computer/phone/console specs. That would be awesome and a big plus for you mobile guys! You should ask MadMax about this idea. :smileynew: You don't have to, if you don't want to.

How to post your log.txt
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Plus, the other reason why I have such a large signature is in case I have a problem, it is easier for people to know what I have other than asking me all of the time.
You could easily reduce the size of your signature if you didn't put every little detail of your setup on a single line, but put them behind each other on a single line or two similar to how I'm doing it :this:
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

don_apple wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:Plus, the other reason why I have such a large signature is in case I have a problem, it is easier for people to know what I have other than asking me all of the time.
You could easily reduce the size of your signature if you didn't put every little detail of your setup on a single line, but put them behind each other on a single line or two similar to how I'm doing it :this:
Oh yeah, I forgot about resizing it... I feel dumb now... :lol:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

I just tried this "solution" ... (using a "spoiler") ... :this:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

don_apple wrote:You could easily reduce the size of your signature if you didn't put every little detail of your setup on a single line, but put them behind each other on a single line or two similar to how I'm doing it :this:
This is what most forums rule is regarding the number of lines you are allowed and is a good solution.

W1der wrote:I just tried this "solution" ... (using a "spoiler") ... :this:
This is also another option.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

the other option for mobile users is to go to their User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > then set: Display signatures: = No

you can also turn off there:
Display images within posts: Yes/No
Display Flash animations: Yes/No
Display smilies as images: Yes/No
Display avatars: Yes/No

after all "mobile devices" are really a none-standard way of viewing websites ;)
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

I am already aware of the option to disable signatures but that only works when you are logged in. :wink3:

Plenty of people view forums on mobile devices.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I am not one of the people that's uses a mobile device to view the forums. ;) So I wouldn't know what it is like...

How to post your log.txt