GPU Upgrade Time!!! :D

JohnDeere318

GPU Upgrade Time!!! :D

Post by JohnDeere318 »

:hi:

I am thinking about upgrading my GPU maybe in this weekend or the week Farming Simulator 17 comes out. Does this look like a good card? I have got a $200 budget and that is it.

MSI Gaming X AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RADEON-470-G ... eon+rx+470

So... What do you guys think? I have looked up and my parts are compatible with the card, just if this is a good choice or not.

Thanks! :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
b101uk

Re: GPU Upgrade Time!!! :D

Post by b101uk »

I would wait until after FS17 is out, you can then get more genuine feedback from people as well as gauge yourself based on what your Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti 2GB is performing like in FS17.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

I have an RX 480 and I can easily run FS17 on Very High with 4x MSAA and FullHD with about 150 FPS. Based on the stats and the generic benchmarks I've seen of the RX 470, I would say it should be able to run FS17 on Very High too. The 4GB VRam are not the 8GB of my 480, but FS17 base will run just fine with 4GB as well, it will even have plenty of space for mods too. Also I don't think it is worth the extra money for the 8GB version of the 470, the performance-vram ratio just won't match anymore, at least as long as you're playing FS17.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Stegei wrote:I have an RX 480 and I can easily run FS17 on Very High with 4x MSAA and FullHD with about 150 FPS. Based on the stats and the generic benchmarks I've seen of the RX 470, I would say it should be able to run FS17 on Very High too. The 4GB VRam are not the 8GB of my 480, but FS17 base will run just fine with 4GB as well, it will even have plenty of space for mods too. Also I don't think it is worth the extra money for the 8GB version of the 470, the performance-vram ratio just won't match anymore, at least as long as you're playing FS17.
That's great news that you are running one of these cards! This is just what I am looking for!

Thanks to both of you! I will try out my 750 Ti first and then see if I need the card. I most likely will because Sosnovka lags a tiny bit a little distance away from farm and when I have more vehicles it will lag to about 45-50 FPS and that bothers me, so that's why I want to upgrade. Plus, for $200 and it is almost the same as GTX 970, instead of paying $220+ for a GTX 960 and $340+ for a GTX 970.

How to post your log.txt
NowHeresRoy

Post by NowHeresRoy »

Stegei wrote:I have an RX 480 and I can easily run FS17 on Very High with 4x MSAA and FullHD with about 150 FPS. Based on the stats and the generic benchmarks I've seen of the RX 470, I would say it should be able to run FS17 on Very High too. The 4GB VRam are not the 8GB of my 480, but FS17 base will run just fine with 4GB as well, it will even have plenty of space for mods too. Also I don't think it is worth the extra money for the 8GB version of the 470, the performance-vram ratio just won't match anymore, at least as long as you're playing FS17.
This is what I love about GIANTS, they not only listen to the community on suggestions and features but take the time to share information and help. I think they have a lot of great people working for them and I'm happy to spend my money on their products. Thanks GIANTS, for another great game and for your dedication to the consumer. God bless!
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

NowHeresRoy wrote:
This is what I love about GIANTS, they not only listen to the community on suggestions and features but take the time to share information and help. I think they have a lot of great people working for them and I'm happy to spend my money on their products. Thanks GIANTS, for another great game and for your dedication to the consumer. God bless!
I couldn't agree more! *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Do you mind if I ask what CPU you have? :)

How to post your log.txt