Is Farming Simulator GPU or CPU Demanding?

JohnDeere318

Is Farming Simulator GPU or CPU Demanding?

Post by JohnDeere318 »

:hi:

I just wondered if Farm Sim was GPU centered or CPU centered. I know some game are more CPU centered and some are more GPU centered and I just wondered where Farm Sim is placed...

I have a feeling it is more GPU centered? :hmm:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
don_apple

Re: Is Farming Simulator GPU or CPU Demanding?

Post by don_apple »

It is actually both demanding on the CPU and on the GPU. The CPU is needed to run all the scripts that are needed for the economy, physics etc. and the GPU is obviously needed to render the graphics based on the cPU running the scripts. This is why the game won't run smoothly if you have a very good graphics card but a stuff CPU and vice versa.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

don_apple wrote:It is actually both demanding on the CPU and on the GPU. The CPU is needed to run all the scripts that are needed for the economy, physics etc. and the GPU is obviously needed to render the graphics based on the cPU running the scripts. This is why the game won't run smoothly if you have a very good graphics card but a stuff CPU and vice versa.
So is a 2500K @ 4.6 still good enough to run the game on very high? What GPU would be best paired with a 2500K?
Shadow_ASP

Post by Shadow_ASP »

The Farming Sim series is alot more CPU demanding than GPU. Look at the graphics, the details and the shaders in use and compare with other sandbox games with the same scale. Yes, FS17 looks nice compared to FS15 and FS15 looks nice compared to FS2013, but neither look particularly nice or full of details compared to Arma 3, GTA5 etc.
A trick to check if your GPU is overworked or not; check your framerate with no AA, then check again with 8xAA or 16xAA.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Mike3650 wrote:So is a 2500K @ 4.6 still good enough to run the game on very high? What GPU would be best paired with a 2500K?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "a 2500k", therefore I can't answer those questions.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

don_apple wrote:
Mike3650 wrote:So is a 2500K @ 4.6 still good enough to run the game on very high? What GPU would be best paired with a 2500K?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "a 2500k", therefore I can't answer those questions.
An Intel Core i5-2500K (Sandybridge)

http://ark.intel.com/products/52210
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Ok, thanks guys! I guess I will have to upgrade my CPU in the future, but now, I think I will be fine with that AMD Radeon RX 470 and my AMD Phenom II x4 955. All I want to do, is play on High, sampling on 2 and everything else off with no lag, so I am not going to be too extreme with graphic settings. :smileynew:

The reason is, is because the Sosnovka farm rest area lags when I have too much vehicles and that annoys me pretty bad. When I harvest with 2 combines, 2 trucks with Courseplay, 2 planters, and 1 fertilizer worker going it lags tremendously! So I want to get the new GPU.

I do not care if this topic goes off-topic or anything, so I am going to ask what CPU do guys recommend that is between the $50-$200 range? I prefer a Quad Core or more, no less.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt