Farming Simulator 17 coming end of 2016

HairyHand

Re: Farming Simulator 17 coming end of 2016

Post by HairyHand »

Hello!

This is my very first post on here. Having over 800+ hours on FS15. Using many mods and sometimes tweak them more realistic.

I'll buy a new game only if:

- Machines and building have an oldening system. Right now the game is very fine but for me is boring and too easy.
- I want to demolish the old farm and buy new and modern. It is aging and maintenance cost more and requires the occasional repairs.
- Machines also have aging and maintenance system. (Right now They don't brake down, don't have tyre punctures, machinery failures etc)
- The storage is not endless, you need to buy larger. (At the moment, you can fill your storehouse endlessly, which is absurd)
- Sometimes your animals die.
- Fuel consumption is realistic. (Right now - fuel consumption is too low. You are not supposed to make whole farm with one fuel tank)
- Realistic mud and softspots on the farmland. (Maybe co-operate with SpinTires creators for the next game)
Or make realistic difficulty with these options.

Best regards,
real fanboy
Jap_Girl

Post by Jap_Girl »

HairyHand wrote:Hello!

This is my very first post on here. Having over 800+ hours on FS15. Using many mods and sometimes tweak them more realistic.

I'll buy a new game only if:

- Machines and building have an oldening system. Right now the game is very fine but for me is boring and too easy.
- I want to demolish the old farm and buy new and modern. It is aging and maintenance cost more and requires the occasional repairs.
- Machines also have aging and maintenance system. (Right now They don't brake down, don't have tyre punctures, machinery failures etc)
- The storage is not endless, you need to buy larger. (At the moment, you can fill your storehouse endlessly, which is absurd)
- Sometimes your animals die.
- Fuel consumption is realistic. (Right now - fuel consumption is too low. You are not supposed to make whole farm with one fuel tank)
- Realistic mud and softspots on the farmland. (Maybe co-operate with SpinTires creators for the next game)
Or make realistic difficulty with these options.

Best regards,
real fanboy
I agree with you especially regarding the variations in terrain density. I have played modded maps that already have soft spots and even mud holes. As far as machinery malfunction and aging it would be nice if these options can be toggled on/off. I would also like to see much better A. I. traffic behavior. I don't want to get ganged up on when I get stuck on a turn! I like to play on maps with traffic because it makes it feel more alive but it's a thorn in my side at the same time, lol. I have noticed that areas of maps that have a line of trees or a small group cause lag zones. I would like to see this corrected as well.
HairyHand

Post by HairyHand »

Yes, Traffic is bs. It was very good on FS13.
And lag is bad issue, but it was big broblem on FS13 too.
Jap_Girl

Post by Jap_Girl »

HairyHand wrote:Yes, Traffic is bs. It was very good on FS13.
And lag is bad issue, but it was big broblem on FS13 too.
yeah, that's a big item on my list if I'm to buy 2017. this is the only game I get lag like that.
Martijn99

Post by Martijn99 »

i like the ideas above but i also kinda want the graphics to be a lot better then in fs15 becouse some games are just destroying fs15 when it comes to graphics
Student Game Artist at Grafisch Lyceum Utrecht
Jap_Girl

Post by Jap_Girl »

Martijn99 wrote:i like the ideas above but i also kinda want the graphics to be a lot better then in fs15 becouse some games are just destroying fs15 when it comes to graphics
Agreed, I did hear that the graphics are going to be better but I suspect not a huge leap being that they don't want to loose a large chunk of their client base.

Many people don't have high end game rigs. I noticed just from reading comments on Daggerwin's YouTube channel there's a lot of little kids trying to run this game on old laptops. I myself recently invested in a proper gaming pc.
Martijn99

Post by Martijn99 »

yeah true that, but i seriusly would love it if there was a fs game whit graphics like a game such as battlefront xD
Student Game Artist at Grafisch Lyceum Utrecht
p4r4d0xs

Post by p4r4d0xs »

When will be new infos about FS17 able?
| CPU; i7 3770K @4,4GHz | WC Heatkiller 3.0 Nickel Edition
| GPU; Inno3D GTX 980 @ 1536MHz | EK Block Acetal Nickel
| MB; Z77 Extreme 4
| RAM; G.Skill Sniper 2 x 8 GB @ 2400MHz CL11
| PSU; be quiet! Straight Power CM E9 80+ Gold 480W
| SSD OS;Samsung 830 256GB & Samsung 840 500GB
Farmer Ken

Post by Farmer Ken »

Well I for one am a definite buyer of FS 17. And personally, I hope they continue to add DLC for FS 15. I am hoping for a map DLC package, as I am lacking knowledge of the whole mod-use aspect. But I WILL buy FS 17 the day it comes out.
Jap_Girl

Post by Jap_Girl »

Farmer Ken wrote:Well I for one am a definite buyer of FS 17. And personally, I hope they continue to add DLC for FS 15. I am hoping for a map DLC package, as I am lacking knowledge of the whole mod-use aspect. But I WILL buy FS 17 the day it comes out.
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have regarding mods. Once you play with mods you won't go back to vanilla game lol.
Farmer Ken

Post by Farmer Ken »

Thanks - I appreciate that very much. In a word I am intimidated because I know nothing (little) about unzipping files, where to place them. I have downloaded mods for both ATS and ETS 2, but that is pretty much one step. This to me seems so intimidating, but I am willing to watch youtube tutorials or whatever else it takes. The only thing I REALLY want are some new maps - I follow this stuff, and have a couple I'd like to download. But I frankly do not know the first thnin to do after I download. So if there is some advice you can give me, i would be willing to try. ,
Lord Nighthawk

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

Download, don´t unzip (FS opens the zip while running), put them into your mods folder. Do the same thing with map specific additional files.
Don´t put more then one custom map at the same time into your mods folder, else custom map related scripts could collide and create strange errors.
Jap_Girl

Post by Jap_Girl »

Farmer Ken wrote:Thanks - I appreciate that very much. In a word I am intimidated because I know nothing (little) about unzipping files, where to place them. I have downloaded mods for both ATS and ETS 2, but that is pretty much one step. This to me seems so intimidating, but I am willing to watch youtube tutorials or whatever else it takes. The only thing I REALLY want are some new maps - I follow this stuff, and have a couple I'd like to download. But I frankly do not know the first thnin to do after I download. So if there is some advice you can give me, i would be willing to try. ,
before you download the map read the description and be sure to also download the required mods they outline. some mods come as a pack. it usually says unzip. if it doesn't just open the zip file and look to see if there's other zips within. if there is extract the folder then copy the zips in it to your mod folder. If you run into what's called a .rar file that's an alternative method of delivering multiple files in one. I use a free program called 7-zip to extract .rar files. Once you extract the file you will see the usual zipped folders inside just drag them into your mods as normal. DO NOT download any mod which file extension is .exe. Those are viruses.
I usually only download mods from fs-uk or modhoster. On modhoster I only download ones that have the modhoster direct download icon. FS-UK mods I only download ones that are Gold Standard. These best practices will reduce your chances of getting rubbish mods.
Farmer Ken

Post by Farmer Ken »

Thank you Jap_Girl and Lord Nighthawk. Sounds simple enough, and your instructions are quite clear. I certainly appreciate the help. When I finally get the nerve, i will give it a try.
HairyHand

Post by HairyHand »

I have about ten map ( eight different gamesave) and hundred of mods on mods folder and no problems at all.
PS. I have 15 maps (13 different gamesave) and 231 mods total.
Last edited by HairyHand on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.