Bug List - (ADD YOUR BUGS/GLITCHES) - (Updated Daily)

viper278

Re: Bug List - (ADD YOUR BUGS/GLITCHES) - (Updated Daily)

Post by viper278 »

Jarod997 wrote:Liters are volume, yes. But unfortunately the game is either incorrectly showing the units for selling price, or calculating the revenue for sold crops.

The guide is wrong, I've tested it. (That guide also incorrectly shows the size of Bjornholm field 25 as 1.13 ha, it's actually 1.31 - I measured it.)

You are correct that each crop weighs a different amount per the same volume - I have a table which lists all the crop densities.

I've seen Reddit pages and other forums try to hash this out and people keep getting the math wrong in places.

Watch my video.
How did you measure the fields? It could have been a typo. 13/31.

Only the programmers know what calculations and formulas that were used.
But the reason why we get different calculations it out is because the prices are randomized.
So one calculation will not equal the same calculation at a different time.
If you look at the "rpmDate(#)" file, you will see the multiplier #'s for the different types. That # times the random price at the time of the calculation will give you the $$$$.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Jarod997

Post by Jarod997 »

Sorry, see my edited original post - I describe how I measured the field. Yes, it was likely a typo. I was doing crop measurements and that one field seemed wonky, until I corrected the actual field area.

The game provides us:
  • Volumes for each piece of equipment used
  • Weights, via the weigh scales
  • Dollars in your bank account
I disagree that only programmers know the calculations and formulas used. Doing some math you see that some calculations don't add up with what's being shown in-game. To figure out crop densities I took the full weight vs the empty weight of two different tippers for each crop - and got consistent results. Next I took the revenue of crop sold for each crop in both tippers, and divided by the price – this didn't give the weight as expected (because the price is in $/t), it gave the volume in kiloliters. All of these "method 2" values did not agree with the "method 1" values. So, either the game needs to show "$/kl" instead of "$/t", or it needs to actually give the cash representative of "$/t".

I agree that prices do change, but we record the price at the time of the transaction and use that in our calculations. Higher prices give higher revenues, but ultimately the same answers. And yes, one calculation will indeed equal the same calculation later, if you record the revenue you made and the price at the time of sale.

I will look at the "rpmDate(#)" file as you suggest - I am not familiar with its contents.
- FS 17 & FS 19 [English]
- Ottawa, ON – Canada
viper278

Post by viper278 »

@Jarod997..... the game is actually correct. I watched your video after my comment.
Your calculations are correct and the game actually is the same as your video describes.
But you have missed the most important factor as in the meaning of the ton. There is the US-British version of a "ton"in which you were saying that the game was using and The "tonne" is the metric version which in fact is equal to 1000 kg and this is the tonne the programmers are refering to by the "/t". Since the programmers are Europeans, they are using the tonne weight. Before you say Well I am using English $$$ or values. The weights are still in the metric system.
Ton vs. tonne. In American English, a ton is a unit of measurement equaling 2,000 pounds. In non-U.S. measurements, a ton equals 2,240 pounds. A tonne, also known as a metric ton, is a unit of mass equaling 1,000 kilograms.
Ton vs. tonne - Grammarist
grammarist.com/spelling/ton-tonne/
Also, yes in the US we have Canada Dry, It is very well known here. But by using this liter as a sample is irrelevant because this is a liquid liter and not a dry liter as are the crops are. 2 different weights and measurements which you didn't stipulate in that reference.
You did specify the two ton/tonne weights but you picked the wrong one to do the test. That is why you have the different weights or symbol than does the game.
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Jarod997

Post by Jarod997 »

A liter can be used as a liquid or dry capacity measure, though most people are more familiar seeing it used with liquids (which depends, refer to my backpack example in the video). A liter is the same as 0.001 cubic meters - which is a volume that you can fill with liquid or gas or solids or particles of whatever. Technically you could use gallons to refer to dry measure as well, but more popularly people will use other units such as cubic inches, cubic feet, or even bushels. The difference in units is when you get in to things like fluid ounces and weight ounces.

The "non-US" ton you mention is a long-ton, which equals 2,240 pounds. The only reason I mention alternative units is to give viewers a sense of how much a (metric) tonne actually represents - my apologies if this was confusing. A pound, kilogram, short ton, long ton and tonne can all refer to weight.

The tonne I use in my calculations is the metric definition, 1,000 kg. The "ton" I'm assuming the game is also using is the metric tonne - even though they display the unit in the price as "$/t", and display it as "ton" in the missions. The way they state the price could indeed be interpreted as "dollars per metric tonne", but the way they spell it in the mission screen, "ton" is yet another bug. I'm guessing this is static text and doesn't update to reflect whether you're using metric (kilograms) or imperial (pounds) units as set in your options. Poor programming in my opinion. (Thanks btw, I'll go update my original post to include this.)

PS, I didn't mention weight with the bottled drink example because I was talking about volume.
- Ottawa, ON – Canada
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Don't get me wrong Jared, you did a wonderful job making the video and showing how to do all the calculations.
It could be a programming thing.
When you select your language, it may change to "ton" instead of keeping it at "tonne".
Also, why I said by showing the liter of soda was immaterial was that this game only use dry measures.
Great Job with the videos. One note tho... was this with or without fertilizer and what type. Most players uses some type of fertilizer.
Jarod997

Post by Jarod997 »

I always use liquid with the sprayer that gets caught in the moving traffic.

Though I'm getting into the slurry tank which integrates with the cultivator for my potato and sugar beet fields (because those sowers don't have a cultivate & sow option in one package).
- Ottawa, ON – Canada
sekihan

Post by sekihan »

asydn wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I've done but on the PS3 all of the sudden every worker I hire has started doing the job at 0 - 1 mph. Doesn't matter what the job or equipment is, Making it impossible to get anything done unless I do it myself. It was working fine in the beginning but all of the sudden all workers have become useless. Any suggestions ?
I was trying to recreate your problem on my PS3, and came across this odd bug. I'm using the harvester and it's stopped. I lower my left analog stick - the tiny max speed indicator on the bottom right goes down to one. I try using cruise control, the speed is limited to one mph. I hire a worker, again the speed is one mph. I then set (by raising the left analog control stick) the max speed control to the maximum level - 16 mph. I hire a worker, the default harvesting speed has been restored.

I've noticed when driving the harvester after it has just finished harvesting using a hired hand - the max speed control is set down to 10.