Suggestions/Requests to GIANTS

Gabbysdad

Re: Suggestions/Requests to GIANTS

Post by Gabbysdad »

Diablo92 wrote:FS 17 is going to be so friggin awesome. (:
Only if they add pigs and beef cows, also US crops.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

I'd like to be able to buy open plots of land as well as buying fields. That way, you can use a plow to create a field on the new plot of land. This would make plows more useful in the game, and would give you more options in expanding your farm. You could use the land for fields, place storage buildings on it for vehicles, or other placeable objects.
Farmer Roy Texan

Post by Farmer Roy Texan »

I need a bigger Tractor? This is no Fun my screen shot wont upload as attachment
mr.pip

Post by mr.pip »

I'd like to see the ability to buy animals 5 and 10 at a time if i have the money to buy 10 sheep i have to click so much that i think I've worn out my mouse.
is fs13 you could at least hit enter.
tarakmytar

Post by tarakmytar »

please modify the round baler so we have a choice when it is empty to have straw or hay as in cut grass !!!
TheKingLT

Post by TheKingLT »

I would personally like to see additional crops added to the standard maps. Where I live we grow a lot of soybeans and cotton and to have these in the basic game would be great. Also adding the machines to work the cotton and adding soybeans to the existing machines would be great. I know a lot of people add these in mods but I find ALOT of the mods having problems (some making the mods where I don't care to use them) so having this be added by the creators them selves would be the best bet to me. Some other crops I think would do good in this game are millet, clover (for silage), and sunflower. Again adding them to existing machines and/or new machines to work them without having to download an outside mod.
TheKingLT

Post by TheKingLT »

mr.pip wrote:I'd like to see the ability to buy animals 5 and 10 at a time if i have the money to buy 10 sheep i have to click so much that i think I've worn out my mouse.
is fs13 you could at least hit enter.

You can hit enter to buy all things from the shop. Just use the arrow keys or click what you want to buy and click enter as many times as you want to buy. Buying more than 1 at a time would be better for sure though.
Mikeinva

Post by Mikeinva »

JoeTheFarmer wrote:
Diablo92 wrote:09 and 11 are identical... 13 and 15, also identical.

It's like one come out, really great (like when 13 was released) then another is released in 2 years and turns out to be stuff. Like microsoft does where one windows is released and turns out great, next one is pure stuff, next one is great though. So kind of all like a pattern.
My thoughts exactly...different year, same deal but with some new machines.

I think the game needs to add some more depth to crop growing.

Some of my ideas...
Seed Choices - should be able to plant different types like GMO, hybrids, or heirloom. Higher yields with GMO/Hybrids but you have to buy them every season.

Organic Farming - no GMO seed and only manure/slurry for fertilizing, can sell your harvest as organic and get more money.

Pests - fixed yields are boring and unrealistic. You should have to deal with pests and this would add another use for the sprayers. If using GMO seed you can use no-till and spray for weeds after planting. If you go organic then cultivation required. GMO seed low chance of insect damage, other seeds higher.
Infestations can be shown on the map - color based on severity. If infestation ignored yields tank.
Would be awesome if the weeds/bugs were also visible in game.

Seasons - can't plant corn in the middle of November, but winter wheat sure. If bad weather causes you to miss window well you're screwed - way lower yield. Have a calendar in game and allow for time compression and skipping of entire weeks/months. Option to stop the TC when problem comes up like an infestation.

Weather Damage - only way rain/hail matters now is - "oh well can't harvest today". Too much rain should force you to delay planting or risk equipment getting stuck. Droughts, flooding, hail, frost = way lower yields.

Crop Insurance - be able to buy insurance to partially protect you from weather/pests.

Soil Health - current game way too basic...spray with sprayer - get yield bonus. Monocropping and no fertilizer should kill yields cumulatively to the point where they become a total joke or nothing grows at all.
If selling organic only fertilize with manure/slurry. Add cover crops as an alternative to fertilizing.
Shown the health on map.

I don't think these additions will turn it into a 'tycoon game' - but for those who do - give option for player to create simple game that only includes what we have now.

Will save other thoughts for a later post.
Good idea but remember,they want to keep the game simple enough to appeal to a wide range of audiences,I would like to see more animals that you can raise and sell for food and more crops as well since we didn't get any new ones over what we had in FS13.Now one more thing I'd like to see is co op play between the player and AI farmers,sort of like mission play in a way. One thing I noticed when viewing the crop growth menu is that it shows different colors randomly on the fields you don't own which suggests that AI farmers are actively using them,that is unless it's another bug.
Jmhaynes

Post by Jmhaynes »

Mikeinva wrote:
JoeTheFarmer wrote:
Diablo92 wrote:09 and 11 are identical... 13 and 15, also identical.

It's like one come out, really great (like when 13 was released) then another is released in 2 years and turns out to be stuff. Like microsoft does where one windows is released and turns out great, next one is pure stuff, next one is great though. So kind of all like a pattern.
My thoughts exactly...different year, same deal but with some new machines.

I think the game needs to add some more depth to crop growing.

Some of my ideas...
Seed Choices - should be able to plant different types like GMO, hybrids, or heirloom. Higher yields with GMO/Hybrids but you have to buy them every season.

Organic Farming - no GMO seed and only manure/slurry for fertilizing, can sell your harvest as organic and get more money.

Pests - fixed yields are boring and unrealistic. You should have to deal with pests and this would add another use for the sprayers. If using GMO seed you can use no-till and spray for weeds after planting. If you go organic then cultivation required. GMO seed low chance of insect damage, other seeds higher.
Infestations can be shown on the map - color based on severity. If infestation ignored yields tank.
Would be awesome if the weeds/bugs were also visible in game.

Seasons - can't plant corn in the middle of November, but winter wheat sure. If bad weather causes you to miss window well you're screwed - way lower yield. Have a calendar in game and allow for time compression and skipping of entire weeks/months. Option to stop the TC when problem comes up like an infestation.

Weather Damage - only way rain/hail matters now is - "oh well can't harvest today". Too much rain should force you to delay planting or risk equipment getting stuck. Droughts, flooding, hail, frost = way lower yields.

Crop Insurance - be able to buy insurance to partially protect you from weather/pests.

Soil Health - current game way too basic...spray with sprayer - get yield bonus. Monocropping and no fertilizer should kill yields cumulatively to the point where they become a total joke or nothing grows at all.
If selling organic only fertilize with manure/slurry. Add cover crops as an alternative to fertilizing.
Shown the health on map.

I don't think these additions will turn it into a 'tycoon game' - but for those who do - give option for player to create simple game that only includes what we have now.

Will save other thoughts for a later post.
Good idea but remember,they want to keep the game simple enough to appeal to a wide range of audiences,I would like to see more animals that you can raise and sell for food and more crops as well since we didn't get any new ones over what we had in FS13.Now one more thing I'd like to see is co op play between the player and AI farmers,sort of like mission play in a way. One thing I noticed when viewing the crop growth menu is that it shows different colors randomly on the fields you don't own which suggests that AI farmers are actively using them,that is unless it's another bug.
I don't feel that these additions would be to terribly hard. I love ll of those ideas and I used to play a game.What was it called? International Harvester or something and they had pests and soil moisture and all the jazz. Had a fly over plane you could hire to fertilize or pesticide, a doctor to come treat animals, oh yeah!! and MEAT CATTTLLLLEEEEEEEE. That would be such an amazing addition to this game.
1. Build fence
2. Turn cattle out on grass
3. Have a bull to mate cattle
4. Sell calves and cows by weight
5. Adjustable markets
Many many other things. The developers need to clearly sit down and develop a game that isn't missing so many things. What do they do work 3 months out of the year? Actually take a look at American Agriculture if you are going to try and copy it and get your facts and information all lined out correctly.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

And 'Merican Ag is such a shining example..... ummm, quick question, where are some of the biggest cattle stations in the world????

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
Jmhaynes

Post by Jmhaynes »

please inform me so i an prove you wrong
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

How lazy can you be, try Google, Yahoo, :gamer: (naming the big ones)..... geez.

Jmhaynes

Post by Jmhaynes »

It's funny how we have so little of the population in cattle but we produce the most pounds of beef per year
Jmhaynes

Post by Jmhaynes »

I don't need google. I attend the number 1 agricultural college in the nation
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Jmhaynes wrote:I don't need google. I attend the number 1 agricultural college in the nation
Awww, what the heck, let's list some of the biggest, see here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ra ... d_stations

Anywho, enough of the urinating competition. I doubt very much that they'd implement something like that seeing that these sims are more structured around machinery/implements than actual 'organisms'.

Although a viable option for a large type sim where all aspects of agriculture are brought in, including weather effects, crop damage due do idiots driving over it, equipment damage, correct fuel usage (one of my tractors has traveled well over 100kms and used 15ls of diesel, talk about GREAT fuel economy......), etc, etc, etc. However this would take a larger team than is currently at Giants and goes without saying a HUGE injection of $$$$. But then again the final product would also cost $$$$ and not the paltry $30 bucks that this game costs.

Just as an aside, for shites and giggles had a look at the credits......... the ABSOLUTE shortest credit list I have ever, EVER, seen for game in the last 10 (possibly 15) years, and most people wonder why it seems like an 'unfinished' product with so many bugs and problems in MP.....

Last edited by BlackThumb on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.