how to put header onto a header trailer

Landy153

how to put header onto a header trailer

Post by Landy153 »

does anyone know how to put a header onto a header trailer?
Andy578

Re: how to put header onto a header trailer

Post by Andy578 »

haven't done it in 15 yet but in 13 you just lift then head then position it over the trailer and lower it then detach
Murph

Post by Murph »

Andy578 wrote:haven't done it in 15 yet but in 13 you just lift then head then position it over the trailer and lower it then detach
I've not yet tried it in FS15, but it was fairly badly broken in FS13 v2.1 with the stock Deutz 7545 header on the stock trailer, towed behind the Deutz 7545. It seems like less than 1 in 10 attempts to use the trailer work properly, no matter how carefully I place the header, no matter how gently I drive. The header just doesn't lock to the trailer properly/reliably. Basically almost completely unusable, more hassle than it is worth, too frustrating, too much wasted time.

Hopefully they might have fixed it for FS15, but I won't be holding my breath on that, since it seems that they never managed to get either bale trailers or header trailers to work properly for the entire life of FS13 (without 3rd party mods).
Mac user
XyonicS

Post by XyonicS »

Lol, nah it seems worse in 5, tried several headers with several trailers and was a disaster all round, in 13 they seems to snap into place but in 15 the just hover above the trailer a few inches and move around as soon as you try to drive off with them. Not sure why they didn't add a lock function (well none I could find, if I am wrong please enlighten me), but as far as I can tell they are a waste of time in 15.
jodev

Post by jodev »

FS15 is the first Farm Simulator I've played, so I can't really compare it to the previous version. However, I have found little trouble aligning the header to the trailer once you know what to look for. Here is how I align the header using the following equipment:
  • New Holland CR10.90
  • Varifeed 41FT
  • Leguan Quattro 40
Step 1: hold on to that trailer!
I've noticed that the trailer appears to be "magnetic". That is, if you move the header closer to it, the trailer starts moving. Not good! To prevent that, hook up a tractor to the trailer first to keep it in place.

Step 2: cab alignment

I approach the trailer from the side in such a way that the rotating part will be on the bigger resting points. The metal housing rests on the lower resting points of the trailer. Next align the center of the cab as shown. It is tempting to align it to the thin long yellow part, but that is actually not in the middle. The red line is much closer to the center.

Step 3: header alignment

Next I move the header above the trailer. I found that fully zooming out and rotating the camera straight down allows me to accurately align the header. In this camera view the front of the header needs to align with the end of the resting positions. When looking from behind the trailer, it looks like this:

Step 4: touchdown!

Finally, select the header and uncouple it. It should now rest on the trailer well aligned and most important of all solid. As long as you don't hit anything, you can drive around and take any corner or bump at any speed without losing the header. Using the method above I can store a header on the trailer in about 10 seconds with probably a 95% or higher success rate.

Hope this helps. :smileynew:
Gazer75

Post by Gazer75 »

How do you get close and not have the trailer move? When I am within 2 meters the trailer starts moving forward, and by the time I have moved up to it its a meter to the left of where it should be and I have to start over.
Dragun

Post by Dragun »

Gazer75 wrote:How do you get close and not have the trailer move? When I am within 2 meters the trailer starts moving forward, and by the time I have moved up to it its a meter to the left of where it should be and I have to start over.
He explained that in step 1.

In fs13 i had made a small video on how to put the header on the trailer and posted it to the website i havent done any vids yet in 15 since most of the things are already covered by other people.

This tut is a a very big help. but i use the 45ft header with build in trailer anyway its much easer then all the time putting it on the trailer.
just unfold, drop and attach.

greetz Thadutch
Greetz Dragun
The Netherlands.