FS 2015 Pros and cons

manden22

FS 2015 Pros and cons

Post by manden22 »

I gotta say that im a bit dissapointed. Nothing wild has changed since fs 2013. I was looking forward to this new release, thinking that it was more realistic. The only difference is the logging option, wich is a F...... pain in the ... The trees are too light and are impossible to handle. The chainsaw feature is cool though. Nice to destroy the goddamn trees at the end of the fields, so your helper doesnt get stuck. Things that pi** me off: Textures are the same as fs13, Not enough fruit types, Washing your machinery on one side magically cleans the other side. Logs are too light, rolling around even though they still have branches. Not being able to unload anywhere, machines shuts off when exiting(Pretty damn hard using the jemz cutter. When cultivating in rain, dust still flies around. Ground doesnt change in conditions when raining. Crops grows too fast, no difference using fertilizer or manure, unrealistic prices. Things im happy about: Being able to cut down trees, tractors has trouble pulling weight up a hill. Tire tracks, nice dirt feature on machinery, loading wagons and tractors wobbeling when un/loading. All in all it should be called farming arcade, and not simulator, because its not.

Try again Giants.
jimboy

Re: FS 2015 Pros and cons

Post by jimboy »

Why are you guys complaining about little pickie stuff that's not even an issue , my God people its the best game out there , 10 times better then that call of duty stuff , shootin and killin people , l love it , SO THERE , and l don't work for Giant either , l,m 71 years old , and l am now a farmer haaaaaaaa , thank you giant.
piggdiggler

Post by piggdiggler »

manden22 wrote:I gotta say that im a bit dissapointed. Nothing wild has changed since fs 2013. I was looking forward to this new release, thinking that it was more realistic. The only difference is the logging option, wich is a F...... pain in the ... The trees are too light and are impossible to handle. The chainsaw feature is cool though. Nice to destroy the goddamn trees at the end of the fields, so your helper doesnt get stuck. Things that pi** me off: Textures are the same as fs13, Not enough fruit types, Washing your machinery on one side magically cleans the other side. Logs are too light, rolling around even though they still have branches. Not being able to unload anywhere, machines shuts off when exiting(Pretty damn hard using the jemz cutter. When cultivating in rain, dust still flies around. Ground doesnt change in conditions when raining. Crops grows too fast, no difference using fertilizer or manure, unrealistic prices. Things im happy about: Being able to cut down trees, tractors has trouble pulling weight up a hill. Tire tracks, nice dirt feature on machinery, loading wagons and tractors wobbeling when un/loading. All in all it should be called farming arcade, and not simulator, because its not.

Try again Giants.
First of all, I love this game. Very fun and addictive. I play on hard, and it's fun for the financial side of the simulation. Yes, there are things I wish that would have been improved to make it more realistic, but it's still a fun game. And I disagree, the graphics are a bit better so not sure where you get off saying same textures. Other things have changed, which I love. The tractor physics are much more realistic, although not perfect. Also, when you put pallets on a wagon you don't have to worry about them flying off...they stick better now.

At any rate, here's a small list of the things I would think they would improve over time:

1. Different types of fertilizer should change the impact on crop growth.
2. Weather plays very little role in the game. It would be nice to see muddy fields when it rains, and perhaps rain improves crop yield and poor weather such as sleet hinders growth.
3. Equipment should require maintenance. For example, breakdowns that require repairs. Tractors need more maintenance and have wear over time, thus making it so tractors get old and eventually break down more and repairs get costly...making it so buying new tractors are more sensible at that point.
4. Perhaps plowing the fields occasionally is needed to keep the ground more fertile to keep better yields coming.
5. Blight, and other issues which can damage crops.
6. The website advertises the ability to "breed" animals, yet there is no breeding whatsoever. (This is a bit annoying). You just buy animals, and they produce. Animals don't die, or breed to create more animals.
7. Basically, I just want to see more realism in the farming process...right now it's fun, but you get the same exact result every time from your fields. That's not a simulation at all.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I feel that the game should have been tested on prisoners before being released, because it seems Giants didn't "test" it:

1) The way vehicles slide everywhere
2) ONLY 1 new map
3) Why no new crops
4) New animals---calfs and pigs?
5) I'd like to sell my cows stuff
6) Sell land in case you need some cash
6) Design your own farm without having to use the editor. Just make the default buildings and such placeable.

My honest opinion:
Not a bad game as was FS13, graphics are better, tire tracks and dirty vehicles are cool. But I feel that this game was released KNOWING that the modders are going to make it GREAT---the way Giants should have made it. I would have paid extra to have had a better planned out game with some REAL bells and whistles.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

piggdiggler has some good ideas about future development of the game. I do like the suggestion that different types of fertilizer will lead to different results in crop yield. but I do really enjoy this game. playing hard mode and I am finally getting ready to buy some cattle after 80 hours of playing. and then looking forward to putting up a greenhouse or two. logging is a long way down the road. I might buy a plot of land and plant the trees there. and then let them grow and enjoy the change of scenery. and seeing if they go bad like crops do... lots of experiments to do. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
piggdiggler

Post by piggdiggler »

chaskuchar1 wrote:piggdiggler has some good ideas about future development of the game. I do like the suggestion that different types of fertilizer will lead to different results in crop yield. but I do really enjoy this game. playing hard mode and I am finally getting ready to buy some cattle after 80 hours of playing. and then looking forward to putting up a greenhouse or two. logging is a long way down the road. I might buy a plot of land and plant the trees there. and then let them grow and enjoy the change of scenery. and seeing if they go bad like crops do... lots of experiments to do. chas
Good luck with the cattle business! That's a whole new monster there. Also the previous poster also made some great suggestions. I would love to also be able to sell my land, and I don't know how I forgot to mention wider range of crops! I think what we all want to see is more depth to this game. I can understand it needing to appease the masses, but some of us also want a more complex and feature-rich simulation. That's a market someone else can tap into, if Giants doesn't go there. Of course there's AgroSim but I've never tried it since all I hear is horrible complaints about it and the developer. All in all, I love what Giants is doing but please give us more realism options!! We want a challenging farming experience that is true to life.
piggdiggler

Post by piggdiggler »

jimboy wrote:Why are you guys complaining about little pickie stuff that's not even an issue , my God people its the best game out there , 10 times better then that call of duty stuff , shootin and killin people , l love it , SO THERE , and l don't work for Giant either , l,m 71 years old , and l am now a farmer haaaaaaaa , thank you giant.
Well said, sir. Just note that I think some of us are not complaining, we love this game and what Giants is doing, we just want to see our beloved game get even better and more realistic. It's surely the best farming sim out there, and multiplayer is amazing so thanks for that devs!.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I'm really not complaining---too much. Just that a few bugs SHOULD have been noticed and fixed BEFORE it got released. As for more features and options, I would have gladly paid extra for them. Overall I'd give this game a 7.5 out of 10
piggdiggler

Post by piggdiggler »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote:I'm really not complaining---too much. Just that a few bugs SHOULD have been noticed and fixed BEFORE it got released. As for more features and options, I would have gladly paid extra for them. Overall I'd give this game a 7.5 out of 10
I fully agree, I would have paid 60 bucks for FS15 with more crops, more new features. Instead, it's just a revamped versions of the last one...right down to the same mechanics of the actual farming part. Sure the tractors look better, handle better/more realisticly...but..in a game called "farming simulator" they didn't make a single step forward in actually simulating the farming experience. It's merely expansion content.

But, I do love the game, and enjoy this one more than the last. And I appreciate the fact it was not as expensive as some other new games are at release. It's just that we wish Giants would give us more of what we are craving from the game we already love.
Whiskey11

Post by Whiskey11 »

piggdiggler wrote:
BostonJohnny1226 wrote:I'm really not complaining---too much. Just that a few bugs SHOULD have been noticed and fixed BEFORE it got released. As for more features and options, I would have gladly paid extra for them. Overall I'd give this game a 7.5 out of 10
I fully agree, I would have paid 60 bucks for FS15 with more crops, more new features. Instead, it's just a revamped versions of the last one...right down to the same mechanics of the actual farming part. Sure the tractors look better, handle better/more realisticly...but..in a game called "farming simulator" they didn't make a single step forward in actually simulating the farming experience. It's merely expansion content.

But, I do love the game, and enjoy this one more than the last. And I appreciate the fact it was not as expensive as some other new games are at release. It's just that we wish Giants would give us more of what we are craving from the game we already love.
By the same token, for the $30 I did pay for the game, I was expecting a little more polish. Right now crops "pop" from one part of their growth cycle to the next. Texture resolution on the tractors up close is pretty abysmal (looks good from the normal outside distance), the multiplayer needs some serious attention... Bugs... etc. I have no doubt it will eventually get there and I've more than got my $30 worth in entertainment.
jtrai491

Post by jtrai491 »

Some of the things I see that need improving..

Handling of tractors, they slide all over the place and it's too easy to oversteer. When you do oversteer, it does not recover.
Cruise control is terrible, I liked the settings in FS2013 better. Having to adjust the speed using the 1 or 2 key each time is a pain.
Mods made for 2015 do not show up. Received the free mod from Giant the Amazone Pantera 4502 and it does not show in my mods.
Tried to convert a number of mods that worked fine in 2013 and they don't work in 2015.
I have the Titanium Add-on from 2013, will it work in 2015?
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

I've literally only just got hold of the game, today in fact, so can't really comment in depth about the above problems but one or two I have experienced such as the tractors drifting, mainly when using fertiliser sprayer and the seeder bouncing, however, other than that the game looks and plays great.
It may take some time to work out what equipment works best with others but that's part of the fun of it all.
Money can't buy happiness. It can however buy a Tractor... which is pretty much the same thing.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchins
epicfarmer429

Post by epicfarmer429 »

Why be mad at the game its just a game why don't you go out and do it in real life and she already is in your accepted the game is way better. I agree with the 71 year old he is right it's a great game so just be happy with it they might come out with a patch or something to upgrade all the stuff just be happy with the pros.
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

jtrai491 wrote:Some of the things I see that need improving..

Handling of tractors, they slide all over the place and it's too easy to oversteer. When you do oversteer, it does not recover.
Cruise control is terrible, I liked the settings in FS2013 better. Having to adjust the speed using the 1 or 2 key each time is a pain.
Mods made for 2015 do not show up. Received the free mod from Giant the Amazone Pantera 4502 and it does not show in my mods.
Tried to convert a number of mods that worked fine in 2013 and they don't work in 2015.
I have the Titanium Add-on from 2013, will it work in 2015?
I agree about the tractor handling. going downhill pulling a tipper is like driving on ice. also a 250 hp tractor should be able to pull a empty tipper up a hill at full speed instead of at a crawl.
Alienware PC.
Qixxor

Post by Qixxor »

pigpen wrote: I agree about the tractor handling. going downhill pulling a tipper is like driving on ice. also a 250 hp tractor should be able to pull a empty tipper up a hill at full speed instead of at a crawl.
First of all, the physics involved with carrying a tipper downhill is exactly correct. Under normal conditions the tractor PULLS the tipper. But, if you are going downhill fast, and not using your brakes, the tipper will apply a PUSH force ON the tractor, creating a torque about the center of mass of the tractor causing the wheels to lose traction. All you need to do is activate the brake for a split-second. The mechanics of the brake system will slow the tipper first which will allow the tractor to pull again.

And a tractor pulling a tipper uphill is relative to the tractors speed without a tipper. Remember, tractors are not about speed, they are about torque.