Better header controls Scorpion King

Jeytav

Better header controls Scorpion King

Post by Jeytav »

These might be improvement that you have already planned but might as well ask.

1. can we get the option to tilt the header so we can pick up dropped trees?

2. can you invert how the delimb/cut method works, so it delimbs automatically and when it hits the target length it ask you to hit X to cut and then continues delimbing after that until it hits the target length again?

thats all for now

Cheers,
Jeytav
Fireman_DJ

Re: Better header controls Scorpion King

Post by Fireman_DJ »

The head tilting already does exist, if you mod it.

I think it should be possible to edit the wheels to run manually, in which case you could de-limb and then cut where ever you want. Not sure how it would measure it however.
Skuggan191

Post by Skuggan191 »

Jeytav wrote:These might be improvement that you have already planned but might as well ask.

1. can we get the option to tilt the header so we can pick up dropped trees?

2. can you invert how the delimb/cut method works, so it delimbs automatically and when it hits the target length it ask you to hit X to cut and then continues delimbing after that until it hits the target length again?

thats all for now

Cheers,
Jeytav
That would be awesome.
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

I also would like to see that it would be possible to release the grab of that cutting header without using the saw.. So it would still be possible to release the tops of the trees..

And now it isnt also not possible to turn the cutting header when there is only the top part of the log inside.. I know it cant be turned with there is a full log inside this header because of weight.
http://youtu.be/j2SwTK6p72U

On 2:48 you see he dont cut the top part, but releasing it without using the saw..
Last edited by Xtrememaster on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
Fireman_DJ

Post by Fireman_DJ »

Here's a video of me working. Note that this was before patch 1.2, hence the buggy logs flying around.

http://youtu.be/CkUu91aj39o?t=2m30s
Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

Fireman_DJ wrote:The head tilting already does exist, if you mod it.

I think it should be possible to edit the wheels to run manually, in which case you could de-limb and then cut where ever you want. Not sure how it would measure it however.

Well it would be awesome if we could choose to control the delimber manually ^.^ the display inside the cap measures the length of the current log(in cm) and the diameter(in mm) but I'll wait and see what happens, maybe some info on how to change it will be released with the script documentation
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

Right now the game is pretty lame in terms of forestry- the logs and grapple physics are poor. Anyone who has played spin tires would tell you the way the system works with logs in that game is a million times better.

As with the bales in the previous 2 titles, the logs are poorly implemented and the machinery and controls just isn't able to cope. Throw in the physics as well and it is nearly hopeless.

I'm hoping another company will bring out a dedicated forestry simulator and also a decent excavator simulator.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Logging is kind of ok as long as you're dealing with coniferous trees. I had some success dealing with those. Unfortunately the only kind of logging I'm interested in is involves removing trees that are obstacles in the way of my machinery. More often than not these trees are irregularly shaped deciduous and that's when the trouble starts. I bought fields 36 and 37 over two weeks ago. I am yet to remove the trees in between them that I've cut down. It's a nightmare. The chipper is useless, I can't push the trees out of the way, I've even tried to annihilate them with the chainsaw, but that takes a lifetime. I wish there was a flamethrower mod. Hell, even a DLC.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

mackintosh wrote:Logging is kind of ok as long as you're dealing with coniferous trees. I had some success dealing with those. Unfortunately the only kind of logging I'm interested in is involves removing trees that are obstacles in the way of my machinery. More often than not these trees are irregularly shaped deciduous and that's when the trouble starts. I bought fields 36 and 37 over two weeks ago. I am yet to remove the trees in between them that I've cut down. It's a nightmare. The chipper is useless, I can't push the trees out of the way, I've even tried to annihilate them with the chainsaw, but that takes a lifetime. I wish there was a flamethrower mod. Hell, even a DLC.
Not sure if it's been fixed, but have you tried the magic wand called the stump remover, worked well in V1.1

You 'wave' it at the tree and it magically disappears....... well you actually had to extend it to it's fullest height and find the 'sweet spot' but it did make the top of the tree disappear at approx the 8' to 10' mark and you only had to grind down the stump. Obviously there was no $$$ return, but it got rid of the 'stubborn' trees.

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

BlackThumb wrote: Not sure if it's been fixed, but have you tried the magic wand called the stump remover, worked well in V1.1
Yes, that was the very first thing I did :) Only managed to get rid of one of them. Couldn't find the sweet spot on the others, believe me, not for a lack of trying :)