Can the PIQUP pull trailers?

ollie11

Can the PIQUP pull trailers?

Post by ollie11 »

Hi Guys,

I was just driving my Piqup around, when I noticed there is what seems to be a tow bar on the rear bumper. Maybe it can pull the fuel/water tank?

Ollie
K Money

Re: Can the PIQUP pull trailers?

Post by K Money »

It can pull the water tank, it does slip a little when full, and it did used to pull a selection of other trailers too, not sure if it still does after the patch though
Platform; PC
Windows 7
Stumbl

Post by Stumbl »

just a suggestion, but , wouldn't it have been easier to just try it?

Have a great day :)
Bixillarla

Post by Bixillarla »

Stumbl wrote:just a suggestion, but , wouldn't it have been easier to just try it?

That cost money then if it doesn't work they are out that money and may not be able to purchase a combination that does work.
strudders2112

Post by strudders2112 »

If you go into your game, buy it, try it and then don't see it as beneficial, Exit the game and don't save it.
In real world you would not buy un-demonstrated or test driven equipment. (when I was a lad,LOL we used to get equipment on demo if we had a specific job that our tractors could not do, mole ploughing mostly... We had TW 25 and 35's on demos as our 8100 was not powerful enough...
so see it as a demonstration with a view to buying it. if it works, save the game, if it does not, exit without saving...
ollie11

Post by ollie11 »

Stumbl wrote:just a suggestion, but , wouldn't it have been easier to just try it?

It would have been, i just didn't have the money for it. I only just bought the PIQUP and that broke me :)
Stumbl

Post by Stumbl »

I actually didn't even think about the money at all, my apologies :)
CosmicNite

Post by CosmicNite »

Ford TW 35 lol that takes me back, we had one that use to smoke like a steam train. Always wanted ago in a FW40.

Strudders is right, you wouldn't spend money on something that you hadn't had on demo,

I have one saved game for this reason, just edit the save file or download a money mod for extra cash so you can test things out :)

Cosmic.
Ex-farmer who should know better enjoying farming simulator.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrCosmicNite
gerbiepiep

Post by gerbiepiep »

To my knowledge, yeah the pickup truck can pull them.
Albeit a bit slower than usuall... :lol:

Menacing Scarab

Post by Menacing Scarab »

I tried pulling some trailers with it, but the experience was kinda meh because of all the slipping. A little off topic but, does anyone else find it odd that they spelled pickup "piqup?"
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Not really, because not all countries consider that kind of vehicle as a 'pickup' here it's only a 'ute'........ and not forgetting Giants ain't 'Murican.......

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
BCRancher

Post by BCRancher »

BlackThumb wrote:Not really, because not all countries consider that kind of vehicle as a 'pickup' here it's only a 'ute'........ and not forgetting Giants ain't 'Murican.......

Cheers :hi:
lol!... ahem.

I did a few tests with the piqup and it looks to me that it will pull things with a low hitch. Which so far as I've tested is the Bailers, the bail trailer, the tank wagons .. and not much else. I was surprised it didnt pull the 302 as it is almost the universally pullable tipper. Personally, I'm rather happy with it's role in the farm. It gets me from point A to B .. pretty fast :)
ollie11

Post by ollie11 »

BCRancher wrote:I did a few tests with the piqup and it looks to me that it will pull things with a low hitch. Which so far as I've tested is the Bailers, the bail trailer, the tank wagons .. and not much else. I was surprised it didnt pull the 302 as it is almost the universally pullable tipper. Personally, I'm rather happy with it's role in the farm. It gets me from point A to B .. pretty fast :)
Agreed - it does its simple transport job well enough and having the option to tow a trailer is an added bonus to me.

Ollie
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

They should allow for it to carry seeds and fertilizer. At least then it would be useful as a resupply vehicle. Yes, I know there are mods that already do this, but I am not a fan of 3rd party vehicle mods.