Reliable Mod site ?

Hubs61

Reliable Mod site ?

Post by Hubs61 »

Up till now I've only downloaded mods from either Giant or the Uk farming site, How reliable is the farming2015mods site ? Is the mods tested or is malware ever found in any of their mods ?
Thanks
BlackThumb

Re: Reliable Mod site ?

Post by BlackThumb »

Been using their site for well over 6 weeks now, and so far no nasty surprises with the mods I've downloaded (at least 8+).

However, I still suggest you run what ever you download through your AV for your own piece of mind.

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
Hubs61

Post by Hubs61 »

Thanks for the info BK
Mikeinva

Post by Mikeinva »

Hubs61 wrote:Up till now I've only downloaded mods from either Giant or the Uk farming site, How reliable is the farming2015mods site ? Is the mods tested or is malware ever found in any of their mods ?
Thanks
If it's a site that uses uploaded.net as a download source then don't use it. I just tried to download the latest version of the volksholm map and when I went to click on the link I got an autoscan report from my antivirus saying that it was a dangerous link.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Stop spreading your stuff around. Just for the uninformed, our resident AV Guru, Mikeinva uses SNorton's........... 'nuff said.

Cheers :hi:

Edit: And just to clarify, downloaded a new mod this morning from same said site, gee, guess what, Bitdefender showed absolutely nothing..... wonder why?????
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
Fireman_DJ

Post by Fireman_DJ »

The only sites I know that have any sort of respectable quality control are Giants and fs-uk, but I've downloaded from a lot of "dodgy" websites without any virus problems. Some mods were a waste of time, others needed a quick touch up (which I can do) and some mods are of a quality higher then that on fs-uk.

You just need to learn from experience what to look for in a mod before downloading.

I also often check out ls2015.com and modhoster.com . Use at your own risk but I haven't had any problems!
Hubs61

Post by Hubs61 »

Thanks everyone for your reply's