Logs keeps falling of the trailers

Joneskrj

Logs keeps falling of the trailers

Post by Joneskrj »

Logs falling of the trailers.

Everytime i will load the trailers, the logs sliding backwards. WHY!!!!!
Hubs61

Re: Logs keeps falling of the trailers

Post by Hubs61 »

Try pointing the front of the tractor down hill, The logs will slide up to the head board of the trailer instead of the back end. I'f they are falling off while your driving , spread the claws of the lift and lower it till it rests on the end of the logs, that will help to keep them on the trailer also.
Karoti

Post by Karoti »

Do you mean the tipper trailers?

When I wanted to remove a tree early in the game, I tried loading some small logs into the tipper trailer but to no avail. As soon as you popped them in and backed away, they popped out again. It would be nice to be able to dispose of small logs using the tipper when you can't afford anything else.
MajSolo

Post by MajSolo »

And even better if you as a player could lift branches and logs that weigh so little you could pick them up IRL also. And even better if there was a button say 'T' = "throw into nearest bin", could be the bucket on a front or wheel loader, could be a trailer. The game then looks around for nearest bin and throws the log in there.
Karoti

Post by Karoti »

MajSolo wrote:And even better if you as a player could lift branches and logs that weigh so little you could pick them up IRL also. And even better if there was a button say 'T' = "throw into nearest bin", could be the bucket on a front or wheel loader, could be a trailer. The game then looks around for nearest bin and throws the log in there.
agreed
morriswalters

Post by morriswalters »

Joneskrj wrote:Logs falling of the trailers.

Everytime i will load the trailers, the logs sliding backwards. WHY!!!!!
Because they don't model mass or friction correctly. You should watch a hay bale roll around like a billiard ball.
Mikeinva

Post by Mikeinva »

Karoti wrote:Do you mean the tipper trailers?

When I wanted to remove a tree early in the game, I tried loading some small logs into the tipper trailer but to no avail. As soon as you popped them in and backed away, they popped out again. It would be nice to be able to dispose of small logs using the tipper when you can't afford anything else.
The tipper trailers are programmed only to load crops,not logs. Have you tried the IT runner logging trailer? That seems to work well for me.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

This is definitely something that could be improved upon, as the logs still don't seem to have enough weight, but it does seem much improved compared to FS13. I cant say I have really had much problems with loading logs though. 1 thing I did find out is to always make sure you get logs up against the back of the trailer and don't get carried away with trying to overload the trailer. The 1st to loads of logs I had I had a few fall off when I was hauling them, but after that I haven't lost a log since. Another thing is it does take patience, as if you get in a hurry then problems will definitely arise, and using the claw to keep the logs from bouncing when transporting will help out a lot. A major key is to take the tractor slow when hauling logs and not going 20+ MPH down the roads. I usually drive about 15-18 mph when Im taking them to the lumber yard.
Karoti

Post by Karoti »

Karoti wrote: snip 8-< ...tipper trailers are programmed only to load crops,not logs. Have you tried the IT runner logging trailer? That seems to work well for me.
I realise that, I was not logging, just removing a couple of trees that were fouling the AI., so didn't want (couldn't afford), anything else.