Why not have pigs

Mikeinva

Re: Why not have pigs

Post by Mikeinva »

I mentioned it on their facebook page and was told that they want to keep the game PG for the younger audience.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Mikeinva wrote:I mentioned it on their facebook page and was told that they want to keep the game PG for the younger audience.

Pigs wouldnt affect the PG rating. Unless you take them directly to the slaughter house. You think a cow enjoys being milked all the time? Somebody think of the cows!
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
Isakjr

Post by Isakjr »

Do some one know how to sale the pigs? :)
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

pigpen wrote:I read somewhere that Giants doesn't want to offend certain religious groups. Muslims nor Jews eat pork.
But what about the Indians as in India, who "worship" cows?
The American Rednecks/Hillbillies "love" their sheep, literally sometimes!
TopSoil

Post by TopSoil »

Denhalen makes a fair point.

I was about to say that people in India don't eat cows, and you can't have a game simulating farming without including animal husbandry as it's practiced across the western world, but the bi-product argument may make sense.

That said, my puppies just LOVE the pigs ear treats I give them. Very valid secondary market item in my opinion :)
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Skullblits wrote:
Mikeinva wrote:I mentioned it on their facebook page and was told that they want to keep the game PG for the younger audience.

Pigs wouldnt affect the PG rating. Unless you take them directly to the slaughter house. You think a cow enjoys being milked all the time? Somebody think of the cows!
Even if you did take them to the slaughterhouse to sell, they don't have to show any details. Just drop them off and get paid. Ditto for cattle at the Beef processing plant. I personally think this would add a new dimension to the series which (besides more fruit types) it desperately needs beyond forestry. It wouldn't change the rating at all. As it stands they're leaving out a huge component of the farming trade by not including animal processing. I'm not sure what they're going to do for the next installment of the series but they need to add something big because aside from the new forestry activities, it's really starting to feel stale.
Isakjr

Post by Isakjr »

I think it is no problem to have pigs in the game. Pigs is a part of agriculture, and it will be mush better with pigs.