Can no longer sell logs at train

kizzard

Can no longer sell logs at train

Post by kizzard »

Hi folks,

I've been selling my logs at the marked box next to the train at the lumber yard with success for quite a while now, but today they would not sell. I put them in the box but they just lay there. I also tried loading them on the train but with no luck.

I can still sell at the lake, but it makes less money.

The train now makes sounds as if it's leaving even though it's stationary, and pulling the handle no longer sends it off. Not sure if this is related.

Anyone had the same problem?
Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.
jimboy

Re: Can no longer sell logs at train

Post by jimboy »

lf the train is not parked there , the logs wont sell till its back .
Try and sell the logs to the railcars themselves , just hoist the logs up over the railcar with the logs in them and they sell , big money , then pull the handle and get double the price , some of my logs go for $20,000.
Don't know why the train don't leave on your game ,
reider

Post by reider »

Read through the forum. There is a post some place that tells you how to reset the train. I had to do mine once but suffer from short term memory problems. As far as I recall it's as simple as changing a 0 to a 1 or false to true or vice versa in the correct line of a file.
kizzard

Post by kizzard »

Thanks guys. After searching more about the train I eventually found that you have to open vehicles.xml and change isTrainStarted="true" to isTrainStarted="nil" (or possibly "false", but "nil" certainly did the trick)

That fixed the problem.
Vincitore

Post by Vincitore »

I'll try that in my game files while I sent my train away and it never comes back!