Patch 1.3 Status

tcap023

Patch 1.3 Status

Post by tcap023 »

So Giants do not seem to do a good job with communication. I heard a somewhere about 4-5 weeks ago to expect a patch in 4-5 weeks (which is now) Has anyone heard anything about this? I am surprised at Giants lack of communication with this in fairness I do not speak german so it might be just they did not post on the EN threads.
Last edited by tcap023 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Platform=PC
petorious

Re: Patch 1.3 where is it

Post by petorious »

Giants should start some sort of rolling blog like a lot of other game produces, A lot of people are getting very bored with the whole FS franchise due to this. As well as the lack of scripts which has meant a few decent mod teams/people giving up and moving on.

From what I have heard the console version come out at the end of May, I would guess the update and scripts will be released at this point or just after which is disgusting.

IMO and it is only my opinion I think that Giants once again released the game FAR to early, I would of rather waiting until now for a release after better testing and along with the scripts so modders can cure their boredom and get on with building this sandbox game up.

Poor show once again Giants!
tcap023

Post by tcap023 »

Agree petorious and it looks like we will not have dural this go around to make the MR mod which IMO made fs13 playable.
Platform=PC
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Wouldn't be the first time GIANTS missed a deadline, though, admittedly, this was an unofficial one. I've actually stopped playing until the time the patch comes.
Mioxuca

Post by Mioxuca »

ye, well i would be nice to hear something from giants about when the next patch or the next dlc is planned
Farming Simulator 15 - ITRunner DLC - JCB DLC - New Holland DLC
tcap023

Post by tcap023 »

Mioxuca wrote:ye, well i would be nice to hear something from giants about when the next patch or the next dlc is planned
The way its been I doubt that.. I am just hoping someone read something somewhere about a patch release besides what I heard 5 weeks ago
Platform=PC
Mioxuca

Post by Mioxuca »

ye me to
Farming Simulator 15 - ITRunner DLC - JCB DLC - New Holland DLC
Farmer2B

Post by Farmer2B »

Have any of you checked in the German language section? Naturally it looks like there is more info over in that section.
Mad M.

Post by Mad M. »

Sorry,but there is no further information about the patch in the german section. :sadnew:
" Es ist mir sch***egal wer dein Vater ist Bürschchen, wenn ich am Angeln bin hat hier keiner übers Wasser zu laufen.....!!!! "
tcap023

Post by tcap023 »

Mad M. wrote:Sorry,but there is no further information about the patch in the german section. :sadnew:
Thank you for confirming that.. I wish that there was more info they shared this is pretty lame IMO. So they announced Professional Farmer 2016 will have something to do with Namco anyone else hoping thats everything FS is not (I know long shot but wishful thinking)
Platform=PC
imhof

Post by imhof »

Stegei wrote, that they will need at least 4-5 weeks to develop the patch. This however means, that they will also need to some testing afterwards. So from what Stegei wrote, I don't expect the patch to be released for another 1-2 weeks or so.

tcap023, I assume that Professional Farmer 2016 will be everything FS is not. But if that is so, that's surely not something I want to play.
reider

Post by reider »

I haven't a problem with Farming Simulator 2015. Sure it has glitches, the UI leaves a lot to be desired, it appears as something part developed and then hastilly released almost ready. But as much as I love Farming Simulator 2013 not once have I returned to it with the advent of this 2015 version. I play on an almost daily basis and sometimes for long intervals. I feel nothing is missing and I always have plenty to do in it, lots of variation. Some good 2015 maps have been released and it's easy to get hooked up with a decent one. When not playing FS2015 I am often thinking about it and wanting to get going with it again.
tcap023

Post by tcap023 »

Thanks I thought it was 4-5 weeks till released thanks

What I meant to say it's I hope professional farmer adds the sim elements this lacks .. I am in no way saying FS is not a good game it just lacks innovation to SIM and farming gameplay elements, I do not want to get in that debate it's all subjective.. If anyone hears anything over on the German side could you update here since we do not all understand German
Platform=PC
BonzaiR33

Post by BonzaiR33 »

reider wrote:I haven't a problem with Farming Simulator 2015. Sure it has glitches, the UI leaves a lot to be desired, it appears as something part developed and then hastilly released almost ready. But as much as I love Farming Simulator 2013 not once have I returned to it with the advent of this 2015 version. I play on an almost daily basis and sometimes for long intervals. I feel nothing is missing and I always have plenty to do in it, lots of variation. Some good 2015 maps have been released and it's easy to get hooked up with a decent one. When not playing FS2015 I am often thinking about it and wanting to get going with it again.
Read that thing I have made bold in your post. And then read it again, then ask yourself if you're supposed to pay full price for a game that feels that way.
FeldwebelNL

Post by FeldwebelNL »

It's a great game with a crappy engine that needs a big patch to fix a lot of things.

Sometimes I can play for 2 hours without any problem. But there are also moments where the game crashes after a few minutes with no apparent reason.
I can see my vidcard buffering. Game is lagging terribly when that happens. Often with strange artifacts. And there's the screen tearing...

Still find it silly to see tractors and cars with lights on but no reflection on the ground. Shouldn't be that difficult.

On the German part of the forum I've read a reply from a dev that you first have to drive around the map to get rid of the lag/stuttering.
That's just plain stupid, because you don't ask a HALO or CoD player to run around the map to get rid of the lag. Just fix your engine.

To give you an example...
I can play a texture modded FS2013 with custom maps and 20+ mods without any problem and FS2015 manages to crash in Bjornholm even with no mods at all.

So yeah. I'm anxiously waiting for 1.3 to come out.