Beastbubba

Re: FArming Simulator 2016/17

Post by Beastbubba »

More crop choices are really needed.
PC gamer.
Serbek

Post by Serbek »

And Also different kinds of Dirt, depends on, what you are doing.
If wheat or barley, so hay dirt.
If grass, so grass dirt
If mud, so mud dirt.
Simple...
thedevilateyou

Post by thedevilateyou »

For the next Farm Sim,I think having scrapers would be cool! You would be able to level out the field you are getting ready to cultivate.I think AGCO is next in line for this game.Massey Ferguson and Fendt are extremely popular in Europe.Another Idea I have is, have a choice on what kind of barns you want to use.Example the dairy barn you want to use. The dairies in the game are very interesting.Free stall barn or something else.Maybe have land next to the dairy where you can purchase and make into a larger
pasture.Tons of possibilities.
Keldin

Post by Keldin »

What I would like to see in a next version is other (AI) farms on the same map, get some competition going.
Platform=PC
tmc2919@hotmail.com

Post by tmc2919@hotmail.com »

How about water features. Real farms have ponds and creeks and streams for the animals to drink from and get in to cool off on hot days.
Could be an option that is in setting ETC.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Keldin wrote:What I would like to see in a next version is other (AI) farms on the same map, get some competition going.

That would be awsome... I really hope they make a new game engine for the next one and fix some of the physic errors this one has.
PC gamer.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

More crops
More animals: calves, pigs, sellable chickens
More vehicle choices
Follow me on this: you borrow money from the bank and get asked what it's for. You have to physically make your payment. If you bought a vehicle with the loan, it could get repo'ed or if for a field, you lose it.
Also, make some of the better mods standard in the game: WaterMod, CoursePlay and WoolPalletCollector
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

More advanced tractor choices would be cool, let us spec the tractor for what we want to use it for.

Should be able to choose horsepower rating from any in that model range (e.g for Case Magnum choose from 240 to 380hp).
Should be able to choose wheel configurations or tracks if applicable. (tyre width, duals etc).
Should be able to choose transmisions to determine maximum speed and efficiency. (e.g 40 or 50km/h transmission options).
Should be able to buy with or without front linkage and PTO. (can be an expensive option in real life, so not many tractors have them unles they are likely to use a front mounted mower or a buck rake). Should be able to equip front weights instead like the Case Magnum has in game.

All of this would be quite simple and easy to program I think, and add much more realism.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Minty_AUS

Post by Minty_AUS »

I would like to see in Farming Simulator 16 / 17 a better Game Engine.
A map / world which actually changes as you play. Plowing / Creating your own fields from blank grassy/weedy paddocks.
Tractors & Equipment which degrade over time. So they have to be replaced or repaired.
A more realistic & Interactive world.
A better economy with stock market to buy and sell shares in produce and distribution businesses.
A big open world of farming / transport.
Better AI helpers.
I don't feel the game engine in FS15 is much improved from FS13.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

BullFarmer wrote:More advanced tractor choices would be cool, let us spec the tractor for what we want to use it for.

Should be able to choose horsepower rating from any in that model range (e.g for Case Magnum choose from 240 to 380hp).
Should be able to choose wheel configurations or tracks if applicable. (tyre width, duals etc).
Should be able to choose transmisions to determine maximum speed and efficiency. (e.g 40 or 50km/h transmission options).
Should be able to buy with or without front linkage and PTO. (can be an expensive option in real life, so not many tractors have them unles they are likely to use a front mounted mower or a buck rake). Should be able to equip front weights instead like the Case Magnum has in game.

All of this would be quite simple and easy to program I think, and add much more realism.

That sounds amazing. And people keep saying this is more of a farming equipment sim than an actual farming sim. These ideas fit either way and would make the tractors SOOO much better.
PC gamer.
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

Minty_AUS wrote:I would like to see in Farming Simulator 16 / 17 a better Game Engine.
A map / world which actually changes as you play. Plowing / Creating your own fields from blank grassy/weedy paddocks.
Tractors & Equipment which degrade over time. So they have to be replaced or repaired.
A more realistic & Interactive world.
A better economy with stock market to buy and sell shares in produce and distribution businesses.
A big open world of farming / transport.
Better AI helpers.
I don't feel the game engine in FS15 is much improved from FS13.
I am thinking along the same lines.
I look at the frostbite engine DICE uses in Battlefield and racing sims. It simply makes games amazingly real life with the environment continually changing with what ever you do to it.
I think something like that engine could be employed to make the ground look more realistic from working it. Instead of seeing an animation from digging the tines in and a change in field colour, they could make the ground as it is IRL where clumps come up and it actually digs the soil up or if you are planting potatoes the seeder makes furrows (real ones) not just textures and shades to make it look like it.
Make the ground actually get boggy/sticky when it rains.
Also things like realistic rain where it actually obscures your view out the windows and you need wipers.

Just something that the next gen of FS deserves. The devs have put so much work into this game and made it very real but if its possible for DICE to make environments change as you walk, drive or shoot on them, then i am sure Giants can build something for the FS series to create a more interactive, realistic environment.

Also would love to see irrigation brought into the game. Maybe the choice to buy a centre pivot, lateral moves or boom irrigators to irrigate crops for better yield etc.

Hopes its possible, i do really think this game deserves this added realism.
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt
eric21

Post by eric21 »

i doubt that will be ready next year if you include all that, more like 4 years
Wraith32

Post by Wraith32 »

How about can we have more fruit types to sow. Such as rye,m rice, oats, amaranth. Also hired workers should be able to be more intelligent because the A.I bumps into obstacles like buildings and trees. We need hired workers to be able to do more jobs such as take your grain to the market, to be able to use different machinery, by this i mean to be able to spray the field with a sprayer. Would love to see more equipment especially more tractors like john deer, Fendt, Claas, Massey Ferguson. Also more other farming equipment. More cars or trucks, more bailers etc etc. More of everything because theres only a few of some types of equipment. For Animal Husbandry it would be nice to have more animals like pigs, cows as in market cows not just dairy ones, goats for goats milk? maybe horses or hogs and ducks too but then I'm not sure these animals would serve a purpose for the game to bring in profit for a farmer and the markets in general.
dpx77

Post by dpx77 »

It would be nice if you start with a small farm & farmhouse and upgrade your farm. Not only farm-equipment but also personal things.
So expand your farm-house, or build a new bigger one. Build sheds/barns. Upgrade your personal car, a swimming pool etc. Just things that have nothing to do with the farming itself but give you something extra to work for.
Osgood79

Post by Osgood79 »

what i think would be great for the game, is to work your farm up, so you start with a small farm, as in a small house, small barn, small silo, an can only get small vehicles.
Then as you work your butt off, you can go to the bank (bank of hagensted) and buy "blueprints" for a big farm house, wich unlocks "blueprints" for bigger silo, bigger barn an so.
and as your farm develop, you can put money to the city, so it will grow and get bigger shops (for bigger machines)
and for fields, i would love that if you could buy news fields, that again is smal, but you can then "upgrade" them so you can plough/cultivate them bigger as your farm grows
don't need 30-40 fields, make less field, but make them so they get bigger over time if you want them to.
and since i am from Denmark, and our farms are with field handling and animals on the same farm, maybe make a map where you have the whole farm in one place, maybe make a 2 or 3 farms in one map, and make the player decide where he wanna "start/buy" his farm, so if he buy farm1, then he has to evolve from there.