Why different colours?

mayoollie

Re: Why different colours?

Post by mayoollie »

New Holland certainly did make their Genesis tractors in terracotta brown- it is a carry over from their Fiat days.

Their balers certainly used to be Red.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

thedevilateyou wrote:I believe in the agreement for Fiat to purchase Ford-New Holland was that the tractors needed to stay blue. The difference in coloring has to do with what continent the equipment is on I believe.The U.S. is red, Europe is yellow. CNH was formed for banking purposes.I believe they may share factories where they manufacture the tractors in the U.S. (large tractors only) .Smaller tractors are made in S.Korea.Mid sized I think Italy. Fiat owns a ton.Like Fiat-Chrysler aka Ram truck or Lizard low rider truck.To bad the New Hollands didn't have the Cummings Diesels Case ih does.
Anyways happy farming!
Yes, various Case IH and New Holland products are virtually identical apart from the paint.
It is interesting that they use different power ratings though, e.g a Case Puma 185 is rated at 185 hp and boosts to 210hp under PTO or road speeds.
Meanwhile a New holland T7.185 is only rated at 160hp and boosts to 185hp.
Not sure how it is in other countries, but in NZ Case IH tractors are much cheaper and also better speced than an equivalent New Holland despite sharing most components.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Ford purchased NH in 1985. At that point they starting calling their tractors "Ford/New Holland" and painting them blue. When Ford sold out to Fiat in 1990 the sale agreement stated that tractors would be sold under the Ford name for 10 years in Ford Markets and Fiat in non-Ford markets. After the ten year expiration Fiat started to sell everything under the NH name - but still in blue. At that time Fiat/NH lost considerable market share as people went to Case/IH. This propelled Fiat to merge with Case in 1999.
thedevilateyou

Post by thedevilateyou »

I know this topic is old but,I found out from a New Holland dealership that the bigger tractors really do have Cummings Diesels. T8's and 9's are the tractors with the engines.The smaller ones have Mitsubishi engines.quite interesting. Now I love New Holland more just because of the Cummings diesels.Hopefully they add more to the game.
EZP
1. Verwarnung

Post by EZP »

thedevilateyou wrote:I know this topic is old but,I found out from a New Holland dealership that the bigger tractors really do have Cummings Diesels. T8's and 9's are the tractors with the engines.The smaller ones have Mitsubishi engines.quite interesting. Now I love New Holland more just because of the Cummings diesels.Hopefully they add more to the game.
Pssst...this is for thedevailateyou...
There's no 'g' in Cummins... http://www.cummins.com/

I don't post this to be 'that guy'...it's just if it were me, I'd want to know I was spelling it wrong... :blushnew:
Platform=PC

(I am also a heavy mod addict) :D

Putting your gaming platform of choice in your signature will help us all mingle a little easier and ask/answer questions with less confusion.
Go to...Control Panel/Profile/Edit signature
thedevilateyou

Post by thedevilateyou »

I caught that I made an error in spelling it after I posted it,oh well! Thanks for catching it.
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

New Holland did make red tractors and certainly their balers used to be red as well.

Across Europe it was possible to buy so called 'Terracotta' NH tractors. Certainly the neighbouring to farm to the one I worked at had one. I believe it started it's career in France.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes