Round vs Square Bales

baltar

Round vs Square Bales

Post by baltar »

Just wondering which people prefer. Is there a reason?

I use the Kuhn self propelled mixer wagon and like the round bale handler instead of a fork to drop in the mixer wagon and work with.

If you use the mixer wagon does the ratio stay the same. 1 straw + 1 hay and fill it with silage.

The baler is a lot more expensive and so is the stacker.

Thanx
Skullblits

Re: Round vs Square Bales

Post by Skullblits »

Mixing wagon is 2 straw and 1 grass bale.

Square and round hold the same amount. Theres no amount difference.

Square are easy to bale. But costs alot more
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
baltar

Post by baltar »

The round tip over very easy and on the rolling hills in Bjornholm they run away and can be a nuisance to chase down and recover.

Why the difference in ratio? I just did some round and it is 1:1 and fill with silage. 2X as much loading with straw is twice the work and hassle.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Mixing wagon holds more than that other thing.
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
NowHeresRoy

Post by NowHeresRoy »

I have been putting 2 hay, 1 straw and fill with silage to get proper amount of each for mixed rations in the wagon
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
baltar

Post by baltar »

The mixer wagon holds 18,000l and the self propelled holds 12,000. The wagon needs 1 more straw . I don't like the shape of it and is not as user friendly as the self propelled IMO.

Only advantage to square bales I see is the wagon holds 2X as much so less trips to the field to transport them and they don't tip over as easy and may be easier to stack in a shed. All depends on what you like I guess.
Delta

Post by Delta »

I like both. I like loading bales onto a trailer instead of using the autostacker's the square bales are definitely easier to load/unload.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

if you use the straw blower then round bales is your best bet. loading square bales in the straw blower is not fun. I do not use straw in my mixer my farm produces plenty of hay and silage.
Alienware PC.
namerifrats

Post by namerifrats »

Square for many reasons. Easier to handle with fork, can stick it from almost any angle instead of just one side like the round bales. The baler doesn't require a stop to unload every bale. The autoloader holds a lot more than the round version. Too bad the round bales are not larger by capacity like the last game. They may have a bit more use if they were. To me, round bales are just a novelty like using slurry and manure.....you can do it just to do it. Not efficient by any means though.
JL1982

Post by JL1982 »

I prefer the square bales. I also use the autostack but only fill it with 8 bales. I feel like it works better that way and if a stack of bales would tip over it's less to clean up. I agree with pigpen and don't use straw in my mixer wagon. Hay and Silage are fairly easy to produce.
Playing on PS4
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

I Like round bales and with the krone ultima CF 155 baler wrapper its like square baling no stopping to empty bales cause it has a pre chamber so you never have to stop and everything is automatic and if you need to wrap the bales it can do that too and still everything runs automatically it has a work camera to view the bales exiting chamber and you get to manually refill the bale wrap by opening the side door this is if your on PC that is here is the link
http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... cf-155-xc/
This is the best baler mod Iv seen and the only one that's fully automatic no stopping and can be turned to manual mode if choosen to do it that way
and with the cat bale trailer which auto loads & unloads bales its like having multiple workers on ground picking up your hay
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
Serbek

Post by Serbek »

In this case, square balers are more useful than round balers in FS 15. Why?
Many bugs, hard to stick them on to trailer, rolling down from the hill, same amount like square, taking more time. This game needs physics to fix. But, instead that, I prefere round balers than square, but not in this game with **** physics. This game, *censored* in many ways... I say graphic is ok(just ok), but physics are just pointless. There is many proves, in which this script is just modified/edited instead creating a new one. This is why, old bugs stay at all time, in every single FS.