Can two people "Multiplayer" play on one console?

Marlana

Can two people "Multiplayer" play on one console?

Post by Marlana »

My husband and I just recently got FS15 for our PS4, and like most families/couples, we just have one console in the house.

We want to be able to farm together on one map, but want single-player security for our own equipment and bank rolls. (And no, we aren't actually like this in real life.) We want the ability to borrow/lend money if we need to, or even borrow/lend equipment - but for the most part, our game is our own, within one map.

Obviously, only one of us can play FS15 at a time.

We want to log in to a game that has the Multiplayer perks (having your own bank account, stuff, etc.) and yet each time we log in to that particular saved game, we want to build together and see the progression with both of what we have to offer based on our own interests. For example, I might enjoy a greenhouse and keeping livestock, while my husband wants to dabble in forestry - each of us contributing to one map, yet knowing our individual assets are safe.

I understand that my husband and I could just log in to ONE of our accounts and just play a regular saved career game, but that means ONE bank roll and the use of the same equipment. What if one of us spends money on something the other disagrees with? It defeats the purpose of multi-playing on one farm. Surely there must be families, kids, and other couples who would enjoy playing together on one farm when only ONE console is in the house! - without fear that their efforts are going to be sold or spoiled by another family member. :D

I should add that I have created a Multiplayer game and saved it, but when my husband logs in to his account, he can't find my game name. We're each on each other's friend list, and I've tried limited to "friends only" and opening it up, password on, password off, but he can't find my game - nor can I find anything he created as a Multiplayer game. So what are we doing wrong, and how can we play together on one farm as a Multiplayer on one console?

Sorry for the long explanation, but I wanted to make sure I didn't get responses like, "Just play one career game together," or something of the sort, not realizing that it's actually Multiplayer perks we want to enjoy together as we log in to the same farm that we share with our own bank rolls - playing on one console.

Thanks for all the replies in advance! :)
Delta

Re: Can two people "Multiplayer" play on one console?

Post by Delta »

Hello, welcome to the forums.
Unfortunately what your asking is impossible. You would need to have another console in the house to play mp. And another note when you play mp all the money earned from either player is deposited into the account of the player who started the save game when you quit the game.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Marlana

Post by Marlana »

Thank you so much for the quick reply. (I thought I'd be waiting well past the weekend for help!) I thought I had read online that when you play MP if someone needed money and someone could lend it, it could be done.

Oh well, that explains it all then. It's too bad because I think it would have been a nice way to share the gaming experience with someone in the same house. Most families don't have more than one console and I think a game that is so family-oriented could have benefitted by making it a feature to share a farm between players offline. Thanks again, Delta.
Delta

Post by Delta »

Your welcome. Maybe in FS17 features like that will be implemented. FS gets better and better with each realease.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
1466 farmer

Post by 1466 farmer »

I agree ... Local multiplayer would be great. I have one console and 3 people in the house that enjoy to play. If FS 17 would have split screen multiplayer I would preorder today