Looking to go to PC

1466 farmer

Looking to go to PC

Post by 1466 farmer »

Does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive laptop that would run FS and handle mod maps and equipment
wilmer007

Re: Looking to go to PC

Post by wilmer007 »

build your own desktop. laptops are useless for gaming. outside of school or work wherever mobility would be required i avoid them like the plague otherwise i get work or school done on a desktop too.
Fastest Way of Making Money in Farming Simulator 15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Pm2KuWsQk

Making Hard Mode Less of a Grind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQpJc-Na7zo
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Like wilmer007 said, avoid them. Get a desktop, but, BUT if you are not looking for high graphics and enjoy low graphics then I would suggest this one: ttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-17-3-laptop-amd ... Id=4793900 has R6 graphics and 17.6" screen! I have a HP 15 w/ A8-6410 with R5 graphics and is "OK" but the R6 will be so much better, believe me! :lol: Should run low very smooth.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
wilmer007

Post by wilmer007 »

Meowmixer75 wrote:Like wilmer007 said, avoid them. Get a desktop, but, BUT if you are not looking for high graphics and enjoy low graphics then I would suggest this one: ttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-17-3-laptop-amd ... Id=4793900 has R6 graphics and 17.6" screen! I have a HP 15 w/ A8-6410 with R5 graphics and is "OK" but the R6 will be so much better, believe me! :lol: Should run low very smooth.

he wants to play modded maps and stuff and laptops like that won't cut it for graphic intense maps like coldborough farm.

and when FS17 comes out at the end of the year he will struggle to run it if laptops like that barely run this game.

in the end he will end up paying alot more for a gaming laptop (or even a regular laptop) than he would on building a desktop and still get better parts.

even a desktop at the same $400 would easily get him medium-high settings.

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Yes that is true wilmer007 about the $400 desktop.

How to post your log.txt
1466 farmer

Post by 1466 farmer »

Thanks for the reply guys I think a desktop sounds like the better choice
1466 farmer

Post by 1466 farmer »

I asked the same question on the tech support side or the forum..... Never intended to upset anyone, I was just looking for some advice
These forums are great and a big help so I will be sure not to do that again
NowHeresRoy

Post by NowHeresRoy »

1466 farmer wrote:I asked the same question on the tech support side or the forum..... Never intended to upset anyone, I was just looking for some advice
Don't sweat it, I did some things on here in the past that I didn't know was against the rules and was corrected as well. This is a great forum and a lot of people on here are glad to help with anything they can.
As far as the decision to go desktop it's a very wise choice. I started out trying to play on a laptop and I can tell you that that's not the ticket. Good luck on your search and if you have any more questions, post em up! God bless!
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
dairy stu

Post by dairy stu »

Like NowHeresRoy says this is a very good forum with a relaxed atmosphere, not over moderated like a lot of official and none official support forums can be, I always visit everyday and if I can help I post but sometimes it's great just to read the stuff posted here.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

1466 farmer wrote:I asked the same question on the tech support side or the forum..... Never intended to upset anyone, I was just looking for some advice
Don't sweat it man, we've all been there! :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

What's the difference (if any) of buying through Steam and buying through the Giants website? Will mods, multiplayer and everything work the same and be compatible with each other?
Playing on PC
NowHeresRoy

Post by NowHeresRoy »

Yes they will, everything of mine is on steam and I've played multiplayer and have never had an issue with anything.
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
wilmer007

Post by wilmer007 »

1466 farmer wrote:Thanks for the reply guys I think a desktop sounds like the better choice
good choice. if you need someone to build it for you i can do it. our store charges $150 shipped to build it for you and then whatever your budget for the parts is which we hand pick for you. let me know if your interested through PM and we'll talk more.

Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

1466 farmer wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive laptop that would run FS and handle mod maps and equipment

Not sure how cheap you want to go. I wouldnt go to cheap because FS15 takes a descent PC to play it. I have the most powerful gaming PC that best buy sold, or thats what they told my wife anyway. Its a Asus with NVIDIA Geforce gtx 860m an has 8 on ram. I have been happy with it, occassionally I will get a slight lag but only for a brief sec, usially when I turn on lights, or when I 1st start up the game. Other than that its good. Plus I use quite a few mods, when it comes to scripts, to make the game more realistic and more of a challenge than what it is out of box.

Dont know if you bought a PC yet, but Best buy usually has good deals. I think mine all in all was 1800$, that was with warranties and all that good stuff they sell to run up the tag price,lol.
wilmer007

Post by wilmer007 »

Case1370 wrote:
1466 farmer wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive laptop that would run FS and handle mod maps and equipment

Not sure how cheap you want to go. I wouldnt go to cheap because FS15 takes a descent PC to play it. I have the most powerful gaming PC that best buy sold, or thats what they told my wife anyway. Its a Asus with NVIDIA Geforce gtx 860m an has 8 on ram. I have been happy with it, occassionally I will get a slight lag but only for a brief sec, usially when I turn on lights, or when I 1st start up the game. Other than that its good. Plus I use quite a few mods, when it comes to scripts, to make the game more realistic and more of a challenge than what it is out of box.

Dont know if you bought a PC yet, but Best buy usually has good deals. I think mine all in all was 1800$, that was with warranties and all that good stuff they sell to run up the tag price,lol.
$1,800 wow you got ripped off big time and you still got a weak video card in the process. you don't need to spend more than $1,000 for a desktop to make the most powerful Gaming PC (unless you want like say triple monitor setup). and if you pay someone (like me) to build it for you you still pay an extra couple hundred bucks and still save $500+. that is why you never buy premade because you get ripped off big time by retailers. just like those HTiB which are also the biggest scams in the world.