tractors in order

sledmann21

tractors in order

Post by sledmann21 »

how do I get the tractors and combines in order? I don't like having one combine here and 2 tractors then another combine.
JTaylor801

Re: tractors in order

Post by JTaylor801 »

I'm assuming you mean the order in which you tab to them? If you are playing on PC, there is a great mod called Vehicle Group Switcher which allows you to group your equipment and access them much easier than tabbing through.

But if you are not on PC, then I don't think there is anything you can do.

Jerry
Happy Farming!

Check out my Farm Sim Blog
http://grizzlybearsims.com/
Realism through Simulation

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/grizzlybearsims

Follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/GrizzlyBearSims
W1der

Post by W1der »

I believe if you reset them to your farm they will be "tabbed" in that order you reset them ...
Thats what I did before I found out about group Switcher!

Not sure if that works on consoles though ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Do NOT get that vehicle group switcher!!! Get Vehicle Sort mod that is WAY better! :D Trust me...
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

:hmm:

VGS or SortMod..................which should I use now?
I usually just reset them in the order I want, but hey...............
JTaylor801

Post by JTaylor801 »

I've been using VGS for a while now. I have not used Sortmod, but from what I've seen on YouTube, I don't see a reason to try it. But it really just boils down to preference. VGS does work great for me
Happy Farming!

Check out my Farm Sim Blog
http://grizzlybearsims.com/
Realism through Simulation

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/grizzlybearsims

Follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/GrizzlyBearSims
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

W1der wrote:I believe if you reset them to your farm they will be "tabbed" in that order you reset them ...
Thats what I did before I found out about group Switcher!

Not sure if that works on consoles though ...
It does!

I asked the same question many months ago, and it was suggested that you park them in the order you want them, then get into and out of them in that order, which then reset them to that order. That didn't work!

Resetting them to the farm seems to be the only way to get them into the order you require on consoles...
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Guil

Post by Guil »

Thanks for the tip cedric.
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Tractors And Equipment when switching between are selected by closest to the current equipment your in say your in a T 6 160 and wanting to go to your 7250 and there is two tractors closer than your 7250 you will have to jump through them to get to the 7250 and this changes as tractors and equipment are moved across map it will always select through the closest to farthest from the current selected tractor
And If not in a tractor and using the menu to find the tractor or equipment it will always start in the list of equipment starting closest to store
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
W1der

Post by W1der »

thunderhawk wrote:Tractors And Equipment when switching between are selected by closest to the current equipment your in say your in a T 6 160 and wanting to go to your 7250 and there is two tractors closer than your 7250 you will have to jump through them to get to the 7250 and this changes as tractors and equipment are moved across map it will always select through the closest to farthest from the current selected tractor
And If not in a tractor and using the menu to find the tractor or equipment it will always start in the list of equipment starting closest to store
I am pretty sure that my game does not behave like that. :hmm:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

W1der wrote:
thunderhawk wrote:Tractors And Equipment when switching between are selected by closest to the current equipment your in say your in a T 6 160 and wanting to go to your 7250 and there is two tractors closer than your 7250 you will have to jump through them to get to the 7250 and this changes as tractors and equipment are moved across map it will always select through the closest to farthest from the current selected tractor
I am pretty sure that my game does not behave like that. :hmm:
Ditto!

I've done a test this morning, checking the existing tabbing order on 7 different pieces of machinery, then swapping their relative positions on the map and going again. The original order remained, and did so after a couple of repeat tests. I'm on PS3, so perhaps it behaves differently depending on platform?
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net