Swapping between maps

cartech

Swapping between maps

Post by cartech »

Hi All, bit of a noob question.... i have been playing the Bjornholm map on Xbox One for some time now and was wondering if you swapped to the other map do you keep your coins? or is it classed as a new game?
uofmtigertim

Re: Swapping between maps

Post by uofmtigertim »

It is a new game.

Each saved game is it own world.
cartech

Post by cartech »

Damn it :( any tips for making some quick cash? lol :)
swiv93

Post by swiv93 »

westbridge hills - silage
bjornholm - forestry/silage
sosnovoka (or something like that) - forestry/ smaller scale silage operation
Pc version :) chainsaw operator, chipper operator, tractor driver

log txt viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

cartech wrote:Damn it :( any tips for making some quick cash? lol :)
I've been playing Bjornholm for ages, and basically done everything, so have been messing about on Westbridge. I'm not planning on starting over, but just wanted to try to make money as fast as possible, just for the fun of it! What I did was to sell all of the gear you start the game with (tractors etc) for as much as possible, so took it all to the shop. Then I bought a Scorpion King, and trundled down to the logging area in the South-West corner. Then I bought a fir, which could be placed on the road running North/South just by the logging sales point. Chopped it, dropped it, sectioned into 4m lengths, and made just under $50,000 from it. Rinse and repeat :D You can easily make $200,000 in a few minutes!

Then I noticed a sale on the Puma tractor had come up. I could afford one, so I bought it for 10% discount, drove it a few yards onto the sales area, and immediately made that amount of profit. Did this three times and then could afford two. Bought and sold two at a time until I could afford three, etc etc. Soon able to buy 20 at a time, sell 9 at a time (no more fit the rectangle) and was making $200,000 for each batch of 20

I stress that this is just me messing around, and not playing the game "properly" but if you want to get money quickly to get yourself back where you were on a new map, then it might work for you! :D
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

Silage is a safe bet for westbridge.
If playing on easy then harvest the first crop, sell it and the other crops in your silos.
Max out loan.
Sell your combine and all your tractors and your tipper, keep the implements.
Buy the NH T6.160 tractor, front end loader and bucket.
Buy a fertilizer spreader and a better tipper, I suggest Fliegel Bull.
Buy the little front mounted corn harvester.
Cultivate your first field and fertilize, plant with Corn, then harvest with your T6 and little harvester.
This is a fairly slow process, especially doing one trailer at a time to the biogas plant.

You can then make silage, and while it is fermenting either set to 120x speed or buy some log forks for the T6 and a chainsaw and go do some small scale logging.
Sell it using the loader on the T6 and then you should have enough money to buy the Krone Big X and header which makes harvesting far quicker.
Then repeat and buy a wheel loader that makes selling far quicker, then bigger cultivators and planters and more fields.

If you want to start doing grain again eventually, then remember to chaff the straw with the Big X to make a lot more silage.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.