Farming Simulator 17 - VR support

reanor

Farming Simulator 17 - VR support

Post by reanor »

Can we get a definitive answer from Giants, if FS 17 will support VR? I hear a lot of rumors, but nothing definitive. If there will be VR support on the release, I'll pre-order FS17. If nothing else, then Oculus CV1 support, please. :coolnew:
Lamborghini

Re: Farming Simulator 17 - VR support

Post by Lamborghini »

Giants said in an interview that the VR support will depend by the success that oculus rift, htc vive and playstation VR will have
reanor

Post by reanor »

I think it's been pretty successful. A lot of buzz during E3. NVIDIA is going strong with their VR campaigns etc.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I hope Farm Sim 17 has VR support! :D
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
trizzo1984@gmail.com

Post by trizzo1984@gmail.com »

What is vr support?
Ps4 all the way
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

trizzo1984@gmail.com wrote:What is vr support?
Virtual Reality, look it up. :D
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

if VR was going to succeed, then really games company's would have to do nothing as it would all be done at a directX level, and because its not and as I understand it there is to much in-fighting between Oculus on the one hand and HTC/Valve (Steam) on the other, with the former trying to lock VR support just to Oculus, which is NOT the way forward for VR.

so I doubt there will be support for both types of VR methods, so it may only be HTC/Valve VR support which seams more popular with smaller games companies, which may be down to better licencing arrangements, better support from HTC/Valve and being easer to implement &/or it just looks better, given HTC is a small screen panel maker for devices like phones and tablets etc.

but as I don't have VR and wont until the above shakes out who's on-top and which is a better long-term format that become the "standard" for VR, then I may get one.

that said we may finally get TrackIR support, given the far greater numbers of people with TrackIR who have been asking for support since before FS13, given some aspects of VR (head tracking) are the backbone of TrackIR, which is at least a plus :hmm:
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

reanor wrote:Can we get a definitive answer from Giants, if FS 17 will support VR? I hear a lot of rumors, but nothing definitive. If there will be VR support on the release, I'll pre-order FS17. If nothing else, then Oculus CV1 support, please. :coolnew:
I asked the same question for Euro Truck Simulator 2, VR seems good for these sort of games but only for the visual aspect of it, there isn't much you can do with the sticks for example in HTC Vive. I am currently waiting for the price to drop on the Vive, I'm not paying near £600 for something that isn't established yet and I don't think it has got started yet which is why games are holding off from putting it in the games. It's going to be quite a few years before we see them in main games though but for the likes of FS I don't see why not.
nem

Post by nem »

I would absolutely love it if FS17 got VR support for OR/Vive/both... :)

Support for room scale VR and touch controllers are probably not that important, but just support for the headset and headtracking would do wonders.
I have no idea how much work it is to implement but i hope this is being heavily considered, and eventually decided to be in the game.
reanor

Post by reanor »

nem wrote:I would absolutely love it if FS17 got VR support for OR/Vive/both... :)

Support for room scale VR and touch controllers are probably not that important, but just support for the headset and headtracking would do wonders.
I have no idea how much work it is to implement but i hope this is being heavily considered, and eventually decided to be in the game.
Yes, headset support please. I don't care about touch controllers, even if they are available soon on OR and already come in Vive. Just the headset support would make this game a must buy for me.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

If they at least support Track IR I'll be happy, but I am not holding my breath. FS15 is the one vehicle/sim based game I have that actually blocks TIR from working unless you hack Windows 7 ways from Sunday. I would think they would actually not have such an issue with Track IR ... the ability to use it native would appeal to a lot of players.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
blackfrost79

Post by blackfrost79 »

VR support in FS15 or FS 17 would be awesome :) And you don't really need room scale VR to enjoy it in a game like FS. For me a simple solution like SteamVR + RiftCat to stream it to my mobile phone in a headset would be more than enough. I use that same setup in Euro Trucking Simulator 2 and it works fine.
Skleven

Post by Skleven »

Faelandaea wrote:If they at least support Track IR I'll be happy, but I am not holding my breath. FS15 is the one vehicle/sim based game I have that actually blocks TIR from working unless you hack Windows 7 ways from Sunday. I would think they would actually not have such an issue with Track IR ... the ability to use it native would appeal to a lot of players.
Various:
- Play as a Farmer or Farmeress ;)
- The bale trailer and others have dynamic tension belts that can be used to strap down bales, wood, pallets or BigBags for safer transport.
- Small physical objects can be picked up, carried, dropped or thrown. Initially intended to allow the player to pick up the small wood leftovers which are hard to grab with a front loader and throw them in a chipper, this was extended to allow to pick up any physical object that's small and light enough to just play around with. :p
- Internet radio streaming or other music can be played in the vehicles radio.
- You can drive trains and one selling point is exclusive to train delivery.
- Corn can now be chopped in the last still green growth stage as well!
- Head- and Eye-tracking support. (Track-IR etc.)
- Beacon lights can be set to use real lights (IF your PC is powerful enough).
- The yellow/black striped trigger markings can be removed if you already know where stuff is and don't need them.
- The mini map can be expanded to large, set to normal gps size or completely hidden.
- In the map menu you can zoom and scroll on the map, set beacon markers for better orientation and teleport directly to places without the need to park a vehicle to tab there.
- The vehicle cameras last position and orientation is saved per vehicle!
- AI traffic works in MP or can be turned off in the settings.
reider

Post by reider »

I just asked Live Chat directly and they confirmed no VR but it does have Track IR ~Support. Pity mine is broken :-(