Hire Workers AI

Lesco

Hire Workers AI

Post by Lesco »

Hi guys

I brought the game farm simulator 15 from steam, and I just want to say what a great simulation it is, hours of play to be had and very good gameplay.

However I have one slight problem with the game that is spoiling the game a bit, when I hire a driver to plough/sow/harvest etc. etc. a field the AI is shocking, if when the hired worker is turning the tractor and there is a tree or a bush or fence in the way it just drives straight into it and gets stuck and just sits there with the wheels spinning unable to move, is there a fix or a patch on the way to sort out this problem please??
BullFarmer

Re: Hire Workers AI

Post by BullFarmer »

It will probably be a lot better in the new game which is due out later in the year.
It is already quite a bit smarter on FS16 on mobile devices.
There are no more updates coming for FS15, but FS17 looks amazing!
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Yes ... Hired help can be a bit stupid.

Work arounds as follow ...

Trees can be cut down to help the hired workers to do their job.

If there is a fence ore something else that you can not get rid of you might have to do some manual work around the problem areas first before you get the hired help.

Also, if the field is not "squared" you can either reshape the field (planting grass) so that it becomes "squared" or just drive the first parts manually to create a square shaped field before you hire the help.

There is also some mods for this that might be useful ... however I have not tested any of those yet.
One mod I use a lot for manual work is the "GPS mod", to get straight lines.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
tarakmytar

Post by tarakmytar »

there is a major problem with the hire worker and the wage and maintenance rates. I have been doing a study on the maps that came with the game, and added game map.
I found that at a dollar a second for just the maintenance, is badly out, around $8,600 a day. Then the wage for the hire worker, $340per hour calculated. There is no farmer on this planet that could afford that rate, oh some say that includes diesel, expensive as well The market shop prices may reflect some on the actual costs in the real world, so then the wage and maintenance must also.
the starting $6,000 with these rates you are in trouble immediately, as some that do the maps, for the fields that you may own are nearly always far apart from the farm that you do own. Is there a way to modify these rates, there is also a problem when you then go to different currencies and countries, this way you could balance it out.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I use courseplay and put the wage payment @ $30 per hour for them
Delta

Post by Delta »

Or when there's obstacles around the field(trees, fences etc) you could do it realistically and do the headlands first as you would IRL.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Lister471

Post by Lister471 »

In Game AI is bad its always been bad ever since i started playing in FS11, use courseplay or auto tractor.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

If you wait a little bit he will back up, and turn around if hes stuck on a fence on fs15.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

BigC92 wrote:If you wait a little bit he will back up, and turn around if hes stuck on a fence on fs15.
Yes, on the combines I have noticed don't ever do that (for me). Only the tractors for me.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:If you wait a little bit he will back up, and turn around if hes stuck on a fence on fs15.
Yes, on the combines I have noticed don't ever do that (for me). Only the tractors for me.
The combines are no problem for me, just the planter guy is the problem , if hes stuck on the tree you'll have or fire him and hire him again, but if hes on the fence then he'll backup and turn around, but he will miss a little strip at the beginning, but thats an easy fix.