Camera change ?

texasplowboy

Camera change ?

Post by texasplowboy »

How do I change the camera in the xml ? From my reading I change camera 1 to camera 2 . And 2 to 1 . Nut still don't work .
thunderhawk

Re: Camera change ?

Post by thunderhawk »

what are you trying to do with camera as far as what are you wanting to change
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
EZP
1. Verwarnung

Post by EZP »

Cameras
From the PiqUp.xml...

<cameras count="2">
<camera1 index="0>4|0|0" rotatable="true" rotateNode="0>4|0" limit="true" useWorldXZRotation="true" rotMinX="-1.4" rotMaxX="1" transMin="4" transMax="20" />
<camera2 index="0>4|1" rotatable="true" limit="false" rotMinX="0" rotMaxX="0" transMin="0" transMax="0" useMirror="true" isInside="true" />
</cameras>

Notice the first line does NOT contain this part isInside="true" /> which is how we know it is the outdoor camera, while camera2 on the second line is obviously the inddor camera.
A couple of things you can do here. This part, limit="true" controls whether any buildings, trees, other equipment will interfere with the camera. You know how it will zoom and turn by itself when you back up near a building? That annoys me a bit. I prefer to move my camera as I wish rather than the game trying to avoid obstacles for me...which normally causes me to crash! So I will change this to limit="false" for the outdoor camera.
With the limit set to false above this next part is redundant. However if you prefer the camera doing its own thing but wish you could zoom out more, you can change the transMax="20" which limits how far you can zoom out. Try transMax="100" for a bird's eye view.
Last thing on cameras. By switching the order in which they appear in the xml, you switch the order of camera selection in game. Meaning, if the indoor camera was listed first, that's the view you will have when you enter the vehicle each time.
Platform=PC

(I am also a heavy mod addict) :D

Putting your gaming platform of choice in your signature will help us all mingle a little easier and ask/answer questions with less confusion.
Go to...Control Panel/Profile/Edit signature
W1der

Post by W1der »

There are also camera scripts that apply to all the vehicles in the game ...

I think the ones I use is "Nocollision" and "Extendedzoom" wich basically does what EZP described ...

I recently downloaded a "kotte kit" witch contained a truck that had a 3:d camera angle.
A fixed camera, basically showing what your typical left side mirror would reflect ... this is pretty useful!
The creator of this mod, should have gone all the way and added a 4.th angle, one for the right side also.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5