telehandler not able to attach to dolly?

Grumpy

telehandler not able to attach to dolly?

Post by Grumpy »

I have the New Holland LM 7.42 telehandler (from the New Holland Loaders DLC), and I'm using a the Fliegl TimberRunner trailer with the Fliegl DOLLY attached.
Now, to me it looks like the NH telehandler has a attachment for pulling, a ball (drawbar?), but when I try to attach it to the dolly hooked up to the trailer it doesn't work. I have tried so other trailers and equipments, and they worked just fine. But not the dolly.
Anyone know why?
farmboy002

Re: telehandler not able to attach to dolly?

Post by farmboy002 »

Look for this in the mods xml file. And find out what your trailer is set at? and change it to match.

<!-- trailer attacher -->
<attacherJoint index="0>19|0" jointType="trailer" transNode="0>19" transMinYHeight="0.66" transMaxYHeight="1" maxRotLimit="10 80 80" minRotRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" ptoOutputNode="0>20" ptoFilename="$data/vehicles/shared/powerTakeoff.i3d"/>
<attacherJoint index="0>21" jointType="trailerLow" maxRotLimit="10 80 80" minRotRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" ptoOutputNode="0>20" ptoFilename="$data/vehicles/shared/powerTakeoff.i3d"/>
<attacherJoint index="0>23" jointType="trailer" maxRotLimit="10 80 80" minRotRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" ptoOutputNode="0>22" ptoFilename="$data/vehicles/shared/powerTakeoff.i3d"/>
<!-- frontloader attacher -->
<attacherJoint index="0>44|0" jointType="attachableFrontloader" minRot="0 0 0" minRot2="0 0 0" maxRot="0 0 0" maxRot2="0 0 0" maxTransLimit="0 0 0" maxRotLimit="0 0 0" moveTime="2" />
</attacherJoints>
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

farmboy002 wrote:Look for this in the mods xml file. And find out what your trailer is set at? and change it to match.

<attacherJoint index="0>19|0" jointType="trailer" transNode="0>19" transMinYHeight="0.66" transMaxYHeight="1" maxRotLimit="10 80 80" minRotRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" ptoOutputNode="0>20" ptoFilename="$data/vehicles/shared/powerTakeoff.i3d"/>
<attacherJoint index="0>21" jointType="trailerLow" maxRotLimit="10 80 80" minRotRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" ptoOutputNode="0>20" ptoFilename="$data/vehicles/shared/powerTakeoff.i3d"/>
<attacherJoint index="0>23" jointType="trailer" maxRotLimit="10 80 80" minRotRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" ptoOutputNode="0>22" ptoFilename="$data/vehicles/shared/powerTakeoff.i3d"/>
<attacherJoint index="0>44|0" jointType="attachableFrontloader" minRot="0 0 0" minRot2="0 0 0" maxRot="0 0 0" maxRot2="0 0 0" maxTransLimit="0 0 0" maxRotLimit="0 0 0" moveTime="2" />
</attacherJoints>
first off he said its the newholland dlc which dlc mod's are not able to make adjustments to them cause they are Encrypted so they cant be messed with if that telehandler has a trailer attacher it will be a high attacher and the dolly uses a low attacher your only option would be get a modded dolly and change the attacher to high and move the attach point in ge so dolly would still set right
I say modded dolly cause making certain changes to default equipment will cause errors in log

<inputAttacherJoints>
<inputAttacherJoint index="0>2|0" jointType="trailerLow"/>
</inputAttacherJoints>
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

thunderhawk wrote:
farmboy002 wrote:Look for this in the mods xml file. And find out what your trailer is set at? and change it to match.

</attacherJoints>
first off he said its the newholland dlc which dlc mod's are not able to make adjustments to them cause they are Encrypted so they cant be messed with if that telehandler has a trailer attacher it will be a high attacher and the dolly uses a low attacher your only option would be get a modded dolly and change the attacher to high and move the attach point in ge so dolly would still set right
I say modded dolly cause making certain changes to default equipment will cause errors in log

<inputAttacherJoints>
<inputAttacherJoint index="0>2|0" jointType="trailerLow"/>
</inputAttacherJoints>
This is from a dlc I have, I'm not understanding why you think I could not edit it? It's the same as all other mods.

<attacherJoints>
<attacherJoint jointType="cutter" index="0>14|0" jointPositionOffset="0 0 -0.839" rotationNode="0>14" minRot="-10 0 0" maxRot="12 0 0" maxTransLimit="0 0 0" maxRotLimit="0 0 20" moveTime="2.5" >
<bottomArm rotationNode="0>15" referenceNode="0>14|0" />
</attacherJoint>
<attacherJoint index="1>11" rootNode="1>" jointType="trailer" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" allowsLowering="false" maxRotLimit="10 50 50" maxTransLimit="0 0 0" canTurnOnImplement="false" />
</attacherJoints>
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

because you cant edit a dlc that's why
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

I'm not understanding why I can edit my dlc... :confusednew: With out any errors or warnings in my log.
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

farmboy002 wrote:I'm not understanding why I can edit my dlc... :confusednew: With out any errors or warnings in my log.
you cant edit a DLC File at all they are encrypted files that cant be opened and I'm talking about you cant make some edits the default equipment with errors
Nvidia GTX 660ti
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

thunderhawk wrote:
farmboy002 wrote:I'm not understanding why I can edit my dlc... :confusednew: With out any errors or warnings in my log.
you cant edit a DLC File at all they are encrypted files that cant be opened and I'm talking about you cant make some edits the default equipment with errors
O.K. What ever.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

The NH Tele-handler can't hook up to the dolly, only high-hitched implements can work, ex: bale trailer, Fliegl Bull (anything under that), etc.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Thanks everybody for your answers!
I checked and found the files for the NH telehandler in two places, the first in the "My Documents/My games/Farming Simulator2015" folder, and the second in the mods folder in the games installation folder in my steam folder. In both cases they are in a zip-file, so theoretically I should be able to edit them, I think.

But I assume that if I changed the telehandler to attach to high-pitched implements, that would mean that it would no longer be able to attach to low-pitched equipment, right?
I will probably just leave it as it is, and pull the trailer with a tractor.

But I wonder if this is intentional, or a bug/glitch?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Grumpy wrote:Thanks everybody for your answers!
I checked and found the files for the NH telehandler in two places, the first in the "My Documents/My games/Farming Simulator2015" folder, and the second in the mods folder in the games installation folder in my steam folder. In both cases they are in a zip-file, so theoretically I should be able to edit them, I think.

But I assume that if I changed the telehandler to attach to high-pitched implements, that would mean that it would no longer be able to attach to low-pitched equipment, right?

It is intentional, tele-handlers aren't suppose to pull dollies. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:Thanks everybody for your answers!

It is intentional, tele-handlers aren't suppose to pull dollies. :smileynew:
And a blind man isn't suppose to trip over his cane, But he does... :lol: Just pok'en some fun at ya
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

JohnDeere318 wrote: It is intentional, tele-handlers aren't suppose to pull dollies. :smileynew:
OK, thanks. I just have to get over it then. :)
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Grumpy wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote: It is intentional, tele-handlers aren't suppose to pull dollies. :smileynew:
OK, thanks. I just have to get over it then. :)
Your welcome, anytime! :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

thunderhawk wrote: first off he said its the newholland dlc which dlc mod's are not able to make adjustments to them cause they are Encrypted so they cant be messed with if that telehandler has a trailer attacher it will be a high attacher and the dolly uses a low attacher your only option would be get a modded dolly and change the attacher to high and move the attach point in ge so dolly would still set right
You are right about DLC being encrypted but that is only DLC that cost money. The LM 7.42 is part of the FREE "New Holland Loader" DLC which is downloaded as an .exe file like all the mods from the Giants mod hub, which automatically installs zip folders into your mods folder. The files are therefore accessible and can be edited.
BUT
Thunderhawks suggestion is probably a good one though. It would be best to find a modded dolly rather than edit the "New Holland Loader" DLC. But if you want to edit the DLC then just make a copy of it and edit the copy, rather than the original DLC files. (zip folder is in the mods folder called "FS15_newHollandLoaderPack").
farmboy002 wrote: This is from a dlc I have, I'm not understanding why you think I could not edit it? It's the same as all other mods.
Its only the same because it is a free DLC and it is downloaded and installed a different way as I said above. All the DLC's that you have to PAY for ARE encrypted and cannot be opened or edited.
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt