Starting Strategy

cr41g_1965

Re: Starting Strategy

Post by cr41g_1965 »

W1der wrote:Short version ...

I basically use the "starting equipment" to harvest the fields that are "given to me" (I store the harvest for when there is a great demand) ...
Then I sell everything I need to be able to afford 1 chainsaw and that small timber wagon with a crane.
One could off course go with a much cheaper timber wagon with auto load function ... but I avoid using anything with "auto" if I want to keep the game "realistic".
Now I do "forestry" for a couple of hours until I can afford to pay off my loan and buy "what ever equipment I want" to get started with "farming" and I also buy my first few cows and the equipment needed to feed them, so that they at least give me a 80% "yield".
Sometimes I keep doing forestry until I can afford the Scorpion King ... cause this is a "money maker"!

When I have enough equipment to run the farm, the way I like it, I continue with installing a lumber mill and the beekeeping mod (I find that these gives me "something to do" without having to speed up time (except for "during night").
I have always loved the forestry aspect of the game. Most farms in my area all do woodworking of some sort so the two seem to go hand in hand here. That being said I cannot make myself do it for any length of time... simple in game things put me off.... logs falling or rolling out of trailers, that horrible wood chipper and crane... I am hoping these things are fixed for 17... but I am sure they will be

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
cowboypenner

Post by cowboypenner »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
cowboypenner wrote:Random observations:

1.- The 2 in 1 cultivator/seeder doesn't do corn

2.- It requires 180hp but my 143hp tractor seems to be able to handle it, even on the hills.
1. Umm yeah... it doesn't..but there really isn't a lot of money in corn anyway... if you want to grow it, wait till you can afford a silage harvester and grind corn for the silage bunker... then you will be making BIG money.

2. I should have mentioned this but failed too... which was why I always keep the largest starting hp tractor.. it struggles on hills but gets the job done.

One other thing I forgot to mention... if you don't mind the monotony... get a cheap forage wagon... set the harvester straw swath and get collecting... its easy money
Previously I kept two tractors....the one with 143hp and one of the 90hp tractors. At one point I'd hooked up the 90hp tractor to the cultivator that you get at the start that requires 100hp and it couldn't make it up the hill with a 10hp difference, yet there is a 37hp difference between the bigger tractor I have now and the 2 in 1 and it handles it pretty well. Weird.

Yep I got the cheap forage wagon and I splurged on a mower so while I'm waiting for the crop to mature I'm buzzin' around cuttin' grass to sell and every now and then I'll put a load in the silage bunker by the cow pasture. At some point I'll get some cows. I plan to collect the straw in the forage wagon as well.
cowboypenner

Post by cowboypenner »

swiv93 wrote:
cowboypenner wrote:I only have one field at the moment and I've been planting canola as that seems to be the most expensive crop when it comes to selling it.
while yes canola gives the most when selling generally it produces less crop to sell so the cost of sale compared to crop produced compared to grain it probably equals out ish
Holy Hannah you weren't kidding about the increased yield. I just harvested a field of Barley and I bet you I got one-third more volume. Too much to actually just run it the sell point after harvesting because by the time I get the 3rd wagon to the flour mill the price will certainly have dropped. I'm going to hold on to it for a bit an see if I can hit a 'Great Demand'.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

cowboypenner wrote:
swiv93 wrote:
cowboypenner wrote:I only have one field at the moment and I've been planting canola as that seems to be the most expensive crop when it comes to selling it.
while yes canola gives the most when selling generally it produces less crop to sell so the cost of sale compared to crop produced compared to grain it probably equals out ish
Holy Hannah you weren't kidding about the increased yield. I just harvested a field of Barley and I bet you I got one-third more volume. Too much to actually just run it the sell point after harvesting because by the time I get the 3rd wagon to the flour mill the price will certainly have dropped. I'm going to hold on to it for a bit an see if I can hit a 'Great Demand'.
For the great demand, you get around 1.5x-2.0x the price. I have gotten between 3.5k and 4k for Canola.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Yields based on TREATED crops per hectare... un-treated is half of these... treated meaning: fertilized, sprayed, manure or slurry:

Wheat---------23.09k litres
Barley----------21.13k litres
Canola---------11.77k litres
Corn------------23.30k litres
Sugar Beets---66.90k litres
Potatoes-------74.30k litres

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
swiv93

Post by swiv93 »

cowboypenner wrote:
swiv93 wrote:
when you are wanting to sell some produce if you fill the trailer at say 5 to the hour (7:55) and run to the sell point either wait or fast foreward to the hour mark (8:00) and start to sell the price which is in the menu fro product price will stay the same for an hour so if you start at 7:30 you only have 30 mins to sell at the price after this the price will drop depending on how much product you have sold within that hour period the same is to be said for great demand the only hour of hauling is the only hour you will truely get the multiplier as after this hour the price will drop in proportin but still at the mulripled price
Pc version :) chainsaw operator, chipper operator, tractor driver

log txt viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665