Faile to open XLM file XXXXXX

Farmhand2016

Faile to open XLM file XXXXXX

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Help, reading your form questions I get bogged down. I tried to down load a mod and that is as far as I got. I did manage to upgrade to 1.4.2 I believe but after reading your forum questions I found my log and I get a lot of "failed to open XLM file such and such. Here is a copy of my log. Please help me decipher what I'm seeing. Thank you

Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Arvid/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods//Death/modDesc.xml'.
Error: Missing descVersion attribute in mod Death
Load mod: NEWLift
Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Arvid/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods//NEWLift/modDesc.xml'.
Error: Missing descVersion attribute in mod NEWLift
Load mod: particleSystems
Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Arvid/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods//particleSystems/modDesc.xml'.
Error: Missing descVersion attribute in mod particleSystems
Load mod: PS
Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Arvid/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods//PS/modDesc.xml'.
Error: Missing descVersion attribute in mod PS
Load mod: scripts
Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Arvid/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods//scripts/modDesc.xml'.
Error: Missing descVersion attribute in mod scripts
Load mod: Sounds
Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Arvid/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods//Sounds/modDesc.xml'.
Error: Missing descVersion attribute in mod Sounds
Load mod: Textures
Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Arvid/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods//Textures/modDesc.xml'.
Error: Missing descVersion attribute in mod Textures
Der_Tod

Re: Faile to open XLM file XXXXXX

Post by Der_Tod »

Welcome to the forum. For general information how to install mods take a look here: viewtopic.php?f=833&t=87726 and here: viewtopic.php?f=833&t=87820
If you can't solve your problem by yourself after reading these topics, feel free to ask again and post your whole log.txt as is described here: viewtopic.php?p=682409#p682409

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.
Farmhand2016

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Thank you so much for replying , I'm not a computer wiz so alot of this stuff is way over my head, I did finally manage to download a mod then find it in the program. If you don't mind Id like to pick your brain again, I notice watching the tutorials several things. First the vehicles seem to stear so much smoother than mine. Also I have no throttle control, it's all or none. Do you guys have some fancy control system or is there a mod to fix this. Also I'd love to have the GPS control panel I see on the tutorial screens. Where or how do I get this mod? You guys amaze me with your computer savvy. Thank you for your help!
chrisben

Post by chrisben »

Farmhand2016 wrote:Thank you so much for replying , I'm not a computer wiz so alot of this stuff is way over my head, I did finally manage to download a mod then find it in the program. If you don't mind Id like to pick your brain again, I notice watching the tutorials several things. First the vehicles seem to stear so much smoother than mine. Also I have no throttle control, it's all or none. Do you guys have some fancy control system or is there a mod to fix this. Also I'd love to have the GPS control panel I see on the tutorial screens. Where or how do I get this mod? You guys amaze me with your computer savvy. Thank you for your help!
Don't know what Tutorials you're watching so can't comment on that particular GPS mod being used, just google GPS mod for FS15 and you'll find what you want. Just out of curiosity, where did you download Death, NEWLift, particleSystems, PS, scripts, Sounds, and Textures from? These don't sound like mods I'm familiar with, and I've downloaded over 500 mods, installed and tested them all, threw out the ones that had errors and i'm left with over 300 in my mods folder with no errors except for 1 map mod.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I think the mod "Death" is that one mod with the MAN Truck that goes super fast and super sloppy.

I would post your whole log.txt to see if there anymore problems. Instructions in my signature if you need it. :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

i hardly think that those: Death, NEWLift, particleSystems, PS, scripts, Sounds, and Textures are not downloaded mods but parts of a mod that has been unzipped in mods folder :confusednew:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

BernardC wrote:i hardly think that those: Death, NEWLift, particleSystems, PS, scripts, Sounds, and Textures are not downloaded mods but parts of a mod that has been unzipped in mods folder :confusednew:
I would just remove them then if you have no idea what they are. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Farmhand2016 wrote:Thank you so much for replying , I'm not a computer wiz so alot of this stuff is way over my head, I did finally manage to download a mod then find it in the program. If you don't mind Id like to pick your brain again, I notice watching the tutorials several things. First the vehicles seem to stear so much smoother than mine. Also I have no throttle control, it's all or none. Do you guys have some fancy control system or is there a mod to fix this. Also I'd love to have the GPS control panel I see on the tutorial screens. Where or how do I get this mod? You guys amaze me with your computer savvy. Thank you for your help!
You are referring to Youtube tuts? In that case I think you're seeing steering wheel inputs in those video's. Like me a lot of players use steering wheels to drive there tractors ingame. Gives the "smooth" driving experience and they come with foot paddles to throttle up or brake. The keyboard only goes from 0 to full with steering and throttling.

A steering wheel uses analog input and a keyboard uses digital input. Analog goes in increments. Digital is on or off.

Hope this helps.

Want more info on steering wheels? Youtube is your friend, just type in "FS15 with steering wheel". :hi:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
reider

Post by reider »

I have a steering wheel and pedals I bought second hand. Before this I had 3 cheap ones and they went bad within a year. This is a better quality one and only £62.50 for a Driving Force GT which has helical gears so not going to break a rubber band like the others. OK, that said we all have different budgets and I did previously find I could easily get along with a cheap Xbox type Controller for Windows. I even used it in European truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator with a joystick as a gear change. I wanted the wheel for all my games and added a gear shifter by use of a £19.99 adaptor (inc software H Gate tuner for when it wears on the shifter) that makes the G29/G920 shifter standalone USB and work with my DFGT Wheel. Just a few options and I'd steer clear of stuff like the £40-£50 Thrustmasters and the like.... Though the more expensive variety seem to have a good following. My shifter is for ETS 2 and ATS, not needed for farming but I can use the H Gate of the shifter as selections to control machinery on the farm....win win situation.
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
BernardC wrote:i hardly think that those: Death, NEWLift, particleSystems, PS, scripts, Sounds, and Textures are not downloaded mods but parts of a mod that has been unzipped in mods folder :confusednew:
Can you be more accurate to whom you answer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

BernardC wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
Can you be more accurate to whom you answer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah stuff, I should have directed that towards @Farmhand2016. DOH! :lol: :lol: Sorry about that.

How to post your log.txt