How to stop jerky steering

jfsjr61

How to stop jerky steering

Post by jfsjr61 »

I currantly use a combination of my keypad and a xbox 360 controller. Is there a better way to control steering where it is not jerky? or not. Would it be possible to use a 3D Connexion? Or is it the fact that I'm not to good with the controller.
JohnDeere318

Re: How to stop jerky steering

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Go into "Options" on Farming Simulator 15, and adjust the gamepad settings (%) from 14% to max %.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

I think there is a "module", in the Drive Control mod that helps also ...

https://www.modhoster.com/mods/drivecontrol
Totzonenfreies steering (steering sensitive)

This module is designed for analog controller as gamepads and much more steering wheels. It away analogous to the axis, which is used for steering the dead zone around the center. This allows you much more sensitive taxes and did not constantly feel to have been proposed steering gear.

Sounds like a small thing - but it is my personal favorite among the new modules.

Important detail: When using the module, the deadband for all other analog InputBindings is outsourced to the driveControl_config.xml.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

jfsjr61 wrote:I currantly use a combination of my keypad and a xbox 360 controller. Is there a better way to control steering where it is not jerky? or not. Would it be possible to use a 3D Connexion? Or is it the fact that I'm not to good with the controller.
May we also see your log.txt to see what you've got going on? Instructions to post log.txt is in my signature. I suppose you have PC? :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
jfsjr61

Post by jfsjr61 »

Thanks guys I got it
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Make sure your gamepad deadzone is not set to high. I have mine at 8% because it will wander if set lower.
Playing on PC