Quick question about multiplayer

Patukka69

Quick question about multiplayer

Post by Patukka69 »

Hi fellow farmers,

Newbie farmer here from Finland. I have just one question, if I create a new multiplayer game and play it with my friend, will it save our progress and we can continue next time from where we left, or do we have to start all over again? I can't keep my own dedicated server unfortunately..
Rico4v4

Re: Quick question about multiplayer

Post by Rico4v4 »

You can save your game, it will be saved locally on your computer.
SXyGeeK

Post by SXyGeeK »

only draw back is that whoever is hosting the multiplayer game will have the save, the other players will not. that means they will not be able to play on that farm unless the original host has is on and has it running.
the beauty of a dedicated is that its always running and anyone can play whenever.

another cool thing, if you decide in the future to get a dedicated server, you can take the save file from your locally hosted multiplayer, or even a single player, and you can upload it to your dedicated server and host it there without losing progress.
this thread has details on that viewtopic.php?f=894&t=98611

you can get a dedicated server for 4 players at Fragnet for $5 a month. not bad IMO.
if you decide you don't want to continue on the dedicated server you can also export the save game from it and go back to running locally, or move it to a different dedicated provider.

So build your farm wherever :)
Patukka69

Post by Patukka69 »

yap, I decided to take dedicated server from fragnet because so low price :) thx for answers..