New to Modding

briano74

New to Modding

Post by briano74 »

Hi All

I am new to modding. I have created a new trailer in 3DS Max.

I am trying to understand the sequence

1. Create the model (3DS Max or other)
2. Apply Materials in 3DS Max
3. Create UV Textures in 3DS Max
4. Export Model and textures to i3DS
5. Open in Giants Editor
6. Add wheels

Is this correct?

See image of the current 3D model.

JCB Fastrac 3000

Re: New to Modding

Post by JCB Fastrac 3000 »

As far as I know, this is correct from 1. to 5.
If you have moving parts like the lorry of a tipper then you have to export them seperately, not as one model.
To complete the Mod you have to do several further steps in the ingaming process. E.g. when your model is converted to i3d you have to add things like attachers. And then you must tune it via xml and add a moddesc to complete the files in the zip file.

Concerning the wheels I cannot help you because there are severrall changes from LS13 to LS15. If you want to use wheels from the original game, you maybe don't have to import them in your i3d but only refer to the original files with a relativ path in the xml or elsewhere. If you want to use your own wheels it may be possible to put them into another folder in your mod.zip and load them like I treid to describe for the original. But maybe you are also able to import them into your trailer.i3d. Other modders can help you better in this question.

But in general it is easy and usefull to study the settings of other mods similar to yours. Download a trailer in the Modhub as zip-file, unpack it and take a look at the used files and then take a look at the i3d of the mod in the Giants Editor. Also take a look to the original trailer files in your game directory. ;)

I hope I could help a bit!
MfG
JCB

Seit LS08 dabei!