[FS15] Bug collection (v1.3)

b101uk

Re: [FS15] Bug collection (v1.3)

Post by b101uk »

Xtrememaster wrote:No thats are not my intensions, they need to fix that basically thing in this game. Only they need to do more their best to come with a good solution for it. If they can make it possible to hire a farmer with a sprayer, how hard need it to be to make it possible to hire a farmer that drive the tractor with trailer parallel next to the harvester..
Why would i use the grass picking up in single player if i cant? :chinese:

- Vehicle/Object: JCB260 SKIDLOADER
- Bug/Problem: WHEN LIFTING AN ITEM (CAN BE LOGS OR BALES) THE JCB 260 SKIDLOADER FLIPS OVER TO THE FRONT..(to soon)
- Singleplayer or Multiplayer: BOTH
- Happens if I do: LIFTING STUFF... THIS JCB260 SKIDLOADER NEEDS A BETTER WEIGHT REDUCTION.
the JCB260 will quite happily lift >2tonnes in-game, its ROC IRL is 1179kg with a lifting force of 2669kg and a tipping load (the point the CoG reaches the front wheels thus it tips over) of 2471kg, as with anything that lifts, the higher the mass is off the ground the more rotational force will be induced under reversing or braking. ;)
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Fiestel

Post by Fiestel »

- Vehicle/Object: All Vehicles
- Bug/Problem: Cannot steer while pressing the LB button on the Xbox controller (wireless)
- Singleplayer or Multiplayer: Both
- Happens if I do: Drive Vehicles
- Operation System: Windows 7 64 Bit
- CPU/GPU: i7-4770K/GeForce GTX 780

This has been an issue since FS15 release. If you are steering and press the LB button, steering goes to neutral (straight ahead). This means you cannot raise/lower implements, control your front loader, etc. while steering - you have to line up with what you are doing before controlling the implement. This is not realistic. In FS2013, you could steer while pressing the LB button, so why can't you in FS15? Just to clarify, this was happening to the default game, day 1 after install, with no mods (I have not tried removing all mods now, but I don't believe that is the problem).

So, maybe another question. Am I the only one with this issue? There have never been any software updates to the controller software in the 2 years I've had it. If this issue is something I can solve myself, I would surely like to try if someone out there knows what to do.

Thx.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

@Fiestel:
No, you're not the only one. That's a little input bug, which we unfortunately can't fix with a patch because we would break all the used defined controls.

The problem is with the Stepa drawbar. If you don't mind not being able to move it with the mouse/controller, you can simply remove the axis from that entry in the inputBinding.xml, as highlighted below, which will solve the problem. You can find that file in the FS profile folder which is located at "Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/" (the same folder as where the mods folder and the LOG file are located).
<axis name="AXIS_FRONTLOADER_TOOL5" category="VEHICLE" key1="KEY_lctrl KEY_k" key2="KEY_lctrl KEY_m" key3="" key4="" button="BUTTON_5" axis="AXIS_1" device="0" invert="false" mouse="MOUSE_BUTTON_MIDDLE" mouseAxis="x" />
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

A little offtopic question: bug reports are piling up, and while some of the reports might be be real bugs, there definitely are some. Are you guys going to release another patch (even if smaller one) in foreseeable future? I don't think anyone wants to wait half a year again.
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

- Vehicle/Object: JCB 320 Telehandler
- Bug/Problem: The steering camera with the articulation, it was fixed on the wheel loader, but not this.
- Singleplayer or Multiplayer: Only tested in singleplayer, but I assume it's both.
- Happens if I do: Steer with the JCB telehandler with the outside camera.
- Operation System: Windows 8.1
- CPU/GPU: As usual, not sure of this, but FS15 runs great.

- Vehicle/Object: New Holland W170C
- Bug/Problem: The same as the JCB 320.
- Singleplayer or Multiplayer: Only tested in singleplayer, but it's probably both.
- Happens if I do: Steer with the New Holland W170C with the outside camera.
- Operation System: Windows 8.1
- CPU/GPU: As usual, not sure of this, but FS15 runs great.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A suggestion for the English board, would be some official bug report topics for any DLCs released, just like the German board. That way we can report JCB bugs in the JCB thread, and New Holland bugs in the New Holland thread.
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

- Vehicle/Object:

- Bug/Problem: Mirrors have error (all of the four) Switching from black to mirror mode.. (they need to be always in mirror mode in high settings)
Example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jdaw0qykteek ... 6.avi?dl=0

This video is made inside the game.

- Happens if I do: Go inside the tractor and moving the head of the farmer..
- Operation System: Windows 7 64-bit
- CPU/GPU: Both on AMD R9 290 4GB GPU and Nvidia GTX660 2GB GPU

- Vehicle/Object:

Lamborghini nitro 120 T4I bonus tractor.

- Bug/Problem: Mirrors have error (all of the four) Switching from black to mirror mode.. (they need to be always in mirror mode in high settings)
Example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/50denljh69igs ... 7.avi?dl=0

- Happens if I do: Go inside the tractor and moving the head of the farmer..
Last edited by Xtrememaster on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

- Vehicle/Object:

Lamborghini nitro 120 T4I bonus tractor.

- Bug/Problem: Farmers right arm seems to be on the wrong side (the man looks crippled/disabled like this)
Example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9zgc6upn6ju0 ... 3.avi?dl=0

- Happens if I do: It seems to be a fixed problem with using the outboard camera.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
Fiestel

Post by Fiestel »

bassaddict wrote:@Fiestel:
No, you're not the only one. That's a little input bug, which we unfortunately can't fix with a patch because we would break all the used defined controls.

The problem is with the Stepa drawbar. If you don't mind not being able to move it with the mouse/controller, you can simply remove the axis from that entry in the inputBinding.xml, as highlighted below, which will solve the problem. You can find that file in the FS profile folder which is located at "Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/" (the same folder as where the mods folder and the LOG file are located).
<axis name="AXIS_FRONTLOADER_TOOL5" category="VEHICLE" key1="KEY_lctrl KEY_k" key2="KEY_lctrl KEY_m" key3="" key4="" button="BUTTON_5" axis="AXIS_1" device="0" invert="false" mouse="MOUSE_BUTTON_MIDDLE" mouseAxis="x" />
That worked like a charm! Thanks a million!

Fiestel
drizz786

Post by drizz786 »

Hi all, just adding my bit,
Vehicle/Object: NH forager with whole-crop header
Bug/Problem: False/early turns
Singleplayer or Multi-player:single player only not tried in mp
Happens if I do: set forager on standard worker with 2 trailers running to silo on course play (4.01 ) every time a trailer is full the forager stops, but when the next one finally stops running into all the hedges he can find, the forager moves back a bit (anti slip fix i believe) it then decides that's the end of the run and turns round. This then after three runs means it finds clear ground and now it switches of as if the field were done. so before i launch into a full blown rant, since 1.3 the workers seem to be smoking dodgy stuff, kindly have a word please.
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

Guys is there a bug with the joining of multiplayer where the JCB DLC is used?

I bought my DLC from the giants website, if I start a MP game and my friend who bought the steam JCB DLC tries to join, he is unable to join because it says he is missing the JCB DLC?

Is this an issue or has he failed to install his DLC properly perhaps?

Also, another small problem I have noticed, when using the combine, I can no longer lift or lower the header (V button) and open or fold the spout (O button) without having to change from controlling the combine itself to the header and vice versa. In previous games I had the ability to lift and lower the header and use the spout without any problem??
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@mayoollie: since this doesn't look like an issue related to the patch 1.3 please open a new thread for such issues in the future.

One reason for not being able to use the JCB DLC in MP with your friend could be that you don't have the same version of the DLC installed, maybe you already have version 1.1 while your friend still has version 1.0. Can both of you use the DLC in SP games, and have you checked that both DLCs are the same version?

That you can't control certain functions of the combine without switching between the combine and header has been a 'feature" of FS15 since it was released, this is not something that was introduced with patch 1.3. Since this hasn't been changed by any of the patches released for the game so far I doubt that Giants is going to change this during the lifetimne of FS15.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
BC2015

Post by BC2015 »

Origin doesn't have the 1.3 patch and the patch from here says the game is not installed.
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Hello,

This bug is not regarding 1.3 patch, but about 1.1 patch for ITRunner:

Now when i unload the 'containers' they get stuck the moment that they touch the ground! therefore the tractor and trailer jump of in the air.
It happens when trying to place in the shed or when dropping on the fields.
This did not happen before patch 1.1!!!! :this:
It happens in single and multiplayer...

Also for the 1.3, i have 3 (known) bugs:

1) green amazone plows jumps up in transport mode, but ONLY on the concrete main roads, filed roads is OK
2) Square bales flip out of baler like a tossed coin... Not all the time, but random. Aswel as baling up or down hill.
3) Useless bale trailer in game, because the bale physics are NOK! Bales floating of your trailer (even when standing still)
also when loading bales next to each other in the sheds, the game lags terribly!

All happen when playing single as multiplayer, and unfortunatly, up till today, are realy pity bugs that influense the gameplay negative...

Much obliged :hi:
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

b101uk wrote:
Xtrememaster wrote:No thats are not my intensions, they need to fix that basically thing in this game. Only they need to do more their best to come with a good solution for it. If they can make it possible to hire a farmer with a sprayer, how hard need it to be to make it possible to hire a farmer that drive the tractor with trailer parallel next to the harvester..
Why would i use the grass picking up in single player if i cant? :chinese:

- Vehicle/Object: JCB260 SKIDLOADER
- Bug/Problem: WHEN LIFTING AN ITEM (CAN BE LOGS OR BALES) THE JCB 260 SKIDLOADER FLIPS OVER TO THE FRONT..(to soon)
- Singleplayer or Multiplayer: BOTH
- Happens if I do: LIFTING STUFF... THIS JCB260 SKIDLOADER NEEDS A BETTER WEIGHT REDUCTION.
the JCB260 will quite happily lift >2tonnes in-game, its ROC IRL is 1179kg with a lifting force of 2669kg and a tipping load (the point the CoG reaches the front wheels thus it tips over) of 2471kg, as with anything that lifts, the higher the mass is off the ground the more rotational force will be induced under reversing or braking. ;)

I know about the influence on the higher mass when its higher of the ground, then when its lower.. You dont have to explain that..
But the main problem here is, that this skidloader tips very to soon over... Its going to easy.. Thats the problem.. They need to reduce the weight more on the back and front of this skidloader.. So it would acting more realistic.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Xtrememaster, even before V1.3 the skidsteer loader was spot on the money and in line with JCB specs as far as lifting weight/tipping point (given the additional equipment depicted), in v1.3 they have made it slightly more stable, so it now so its exceeds the tipping point by a slight amount, which is ok given the options the machine is depicted with in game which bump the machine mass up slightly.

if you refer to the JCB specs for the 260 it says clearly the capabilities, i.e.
lifting force of 2669kg (not implemented by Giants, but this is the load at which point the pressure relief valve in the hydraulic control block opens to dump excess pressure to stop the arms lifting - in other words it should NEVER be lifting anything of 2669kg or more at minimum practical load-centres)

tipping load of 2471kg (Static load on level ground NOT dynamic load moving) (this is the point that the basic machine will start to tip over due to the CoG arriving at the front wheals, this is the rating for the basic standard machine, machines with extra options like full cabs, extra hydraulic piping options, high flow pumps (required for stump grinders and other high flow tool) bump up the basic machine operating weight so each increase tipping load slightly) in V1.2 it was arguable spot on the specs and in V1.3 its marginally over the specs but not by much, in both cases it was possible to stack one 1600kg weight and one 1000kg on top of each other on the skidsteer pallet forks up againsed the headstock and lift it off the ground, in V1.2 with the boom raised in the horizontal position the forks had to be fully tilted back and to tilt them forward the CoG would pass the front wheels and tipping would start (which was spot on the specs IMO), in V1.3 in the same situation the forks could be in a horizontal position which would place the skidsteer near the tipping point and could carefully move around (this is exceeding the specs slightly IMO)

in short and going by JCB own specs for tipping load either in V1.2 or V1.3 there is NO problem with the 260 skidsteer falling over to soon, the only problem is people not looking at real world specs and thus expecting to much from things, especially when half the fun with skidsteer IRL is their tippy nature.

FYI: a 1600kg tractor weight in game is ~1602kg, a 1000kg tractor weight in game ~998kg, collectively they are ~2601kg due to the omission of decimal places being shown on weighbridge.

the real world specs are clearly stated on the page linked below:
http://www.jcb.co.uk/Products/Machines/Skid-Steer-Loader/260/Specifications.aspx wrote:Loader Specification
Bucket Breakout Force: 1179kg (2600lb)
Loader Lift Force: 2669kg (5884lb)
Rated Operating Capacity - 50%: 1179kg (2600lb)
Tipping Load: 2471kg (5448lb)
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge: