Bales or not?

Buddy2004

Bales or not?

Post by Buddy2004 »

Does it matter if u use bales or just raw grass/hay
JeffreySchultz

Re: Bales or not?

Post by JeffreySchultz »

My sheeps are being fed "raw" grass. Collected with the grass collector trailer. It works, they produce wool.

I dont know if they produce more wool if they are being fed bales though..
Delta

Post by Delta »

Sheep only take grass. Cows can be fed hay bales, silage and TMR. Straw bales are used for TMR and bedding for cows to produce solid manure.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Buddy2004

Post by Buddy2004 »

No they both take grass the hay is just for bedding to make manure. Cows don't eat the straw
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

I think sheep and cows take bales and grass, if you look bales apear to be turned into grass, when loose grass is added bales stop being used until loose grass is gone
It's the same with straw at the cow shed, if you take straw to sheep pen you get a little money for them (this is how I see it i maybe wrong )
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Bales. Straw/grass are needed to make mixed rations for cows.

Straw is for cows bedding. Aswell as manure.

Straw bales can be shredded up for cows bedding.

Sheep are stupid. Dont waste your time with them.
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
Buddy2004

Post by Buddy2004 »

Sheep take grass for wool good money
Ggorman

Post by Ggorman »

I see also what Grey20 mentioned that, when loose hay is consumed, a bale of hay(not straw) is used to replenish loose hay for the cows or sheep. So, I keep bales in the barns as a buffer in case the animals use up all of the loose hay that I've delivered. When I have a chance to deliver more loose hay with the loaders, they quit consuming bales again.

Skullbits, it's good to see you here in FS16. The sheep are stupid, yes, because all they do is bob their heads around a little. But the wool they produce sells pretty good. I think it's quite worth keeping them fed.

George
Navan

Post by Navan »

Note that bales give 2000 lose when used. This actually makes them more efficient usage of a field, as i get around 16 bales off the smallest field, but get 70% full on the small loader (the bales would be 100%). However, they are very labor intensive, since we have to do the collection ourselves. The extent is it would allow the field to produce money while the biogas, sheep, and cows are full.
Ggorman

Post by Ggorman »

Right Navan, it's very labor intensive to keep baling even if it's more efficient. In the end it's more efficient for my time to use the loaders which are automatic. I still get to bale now and then as my bales are used up when I don't get around to dumping loose grass and the animals consume the bales.

George
SiriusBlack

Post by SiriusBlack »

Hi, I read the whole communication and still confuse about bedding and what cow eats! everyone is sharing his experiences I think!
Navan

Post by Navan »

Straw from wheat harvest is used as beding which allows you to collect fertilizer from the cows. Think of it as the bedding gets changed the old soiled bedding is what you get as fertilizer. Grass on the other hand is food and so a well fed cow produces milk to collect.

Hope this helps!
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

SiriusBlack wrote:Hi, I read the whole communication and still confuse about bedding and what cow eats! everyone is sharing his experiences I think!
Cows eat grass, silage, or a Mixed Ratio, which contains of: Silage, Hay, and Straw. Straw is the bedding that they need to sleep on and to step on in the building. You get straw from a wheat or barley field that you harvest. :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Scooterpie19

Post by Scooterpie19 »

Y'all are worried about bails or not and I've got 300,000 plus cows and 300,000 plus sheep And even with all of the grass fields being used I couldn't keep up. So each sheep sells for $3,000 and each cow sells for $4,500.
What I've started doing is leaving the milk and wool trailers full and the shed storage full. That way they will continuously reproduce. It's slow at first but at 300,000+ I'm getting 12 óf each every second. That's $36,000/ second in sheep and $54,000/ second in cows. Each trailer can sell 10 sheep ($30,000) or 8 vows ($36,000) . I am making WAY more $$ this way trust me it's worth it
. I have 100 hrs in the game and I've been doing this way for about 30-50 hrs. I also plant only wheat because I pick up the shedding and use it as free fertilizer.
It also helps to not swipe away the app, it stays running in the background and they will continue to reproduce for a little bit. Not sure if other phones will do that but I have a Google Pixel 4 XL.

Lemme know how it goes for you and drop a like if this was helpful 😊
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Scooterpie19 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:24 am Y'all are worried about bails or not and I've got 300,000 plus cows and 300,000 plus sheep And even with all of the grass fields being used I couldn't keep up. So each sheep sells for $3,000 and each cow sells for $4,500.
What I've started doing is leaving the milk and wool trailers full and the shed storage full. That way they will continuously reproduce. It's slow at first but at 300,000+ I'm getting 12 óf each every second. That's $36,000/ second in sheep and $54,000/ second in cows. Each trailer can sell 10 sheep ($30,000) or 8 vows ($36,000) . I am making WAY more $$ this way trust me it's worth it
. I have 100 hrs in the game and I've been doing this way for about 30-50 hrs. I also plant only wheat because I pick up the shedding and use it as free fertilizer.
It also helps to not swipe away the app, it stays running in the background and they will continue to reproduce for a little bit. Not sure if other phones will do that but I have a Google Pixel 4 XL.

Lemme know how it goes for you and drop a like if this was helpful 😊
Sounds like a completely different game so no, not helpful
Playing on PC and PS4