Harvester not working

Sacul6

Harvester not working

Postby Sacul6 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:03 am

I cannot get my green harvester to work. I forgot what it's called but it cost $190.000. I tried to buy anew attachment to for the front also but it won't hook to it. Anyone??

Dr. Bob

Re: Harvester not working

Postby Dr. Bob » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:53 pm

You can only use the same brand (Deutz Fahr) headers with that one. Check you use the right one for the job. The $15.000 one is for harvesting wheat or canola and the $20.000 one is for harvesting corn only. If you use them on the wrong crop they won't do anything. Not sure whether the farmer will tell you you're using the wrong equipment or not. Maybe only once.

And the crop must be ripe for harvesting (brown) but not wilted. Once you're too late the only thing you can do is plough again and start over.

Happy harvesting.

Tayyaba

Postby Tayyaba » Thu May 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Dr. Bob wrote:You can only use the same brand (Deutz Fahr) headers with that one. Check you use the right one for the job. The $15.000 one is for harvesting wheat or canola and the $20.000 one is for harvesting corn only. If you use them on the wrong crop they won't do anything. Not sure whether the farmer will tell you you're using the wrong equipment or not. Maybe only once.

And the crop must be ripe for harvesting (brown) but not wilted. Once you're too late the only thing you can do is plough again and start over.

Happy harvesting.

Hi i tried this same brand of havrester and headers but its not working plz guide me my corn is wasting all the time

Dr. Bob

Postby Dr. Bob » Sat May 06, 2017 2:02 pm

First of all, the Green Harvester (Deutz Fahr) is in Farming Simulator 14 and not in FS16, so I'm assuming you're using FS14 and not FS16. I skipped mentioning this the previous time but it's useful to be certain. This is the FS 16 sub forum. FS 14 has it's own sub forum.

You need the combination of the right harvester with the right header AND the right crop.

If you use the Corn header and it doesn't harvest then the harvester might still have wheat or canola in it's internal storage. You'll need to empty it first, but I think you get an error message telling you this, but maybe it’s a short 'toast' message that you might have missed.

The only other two possibilities seem that you didn't sow corn but wheat or canola, OR the corn isn't yet ready to be harvested, but I expect you to have checked these. The harvester not being empty is my first bet.

Return to “[EN-FS16] General Questions”