Why I can't activate my copy of Farming Simulator (Digital Version), Add-on or DLC?

adrienne224

Why I can't activate my copy of Farming Simulator (Digital Version), Add-on or DLC?

Post by adrienne224 »

The day I became deaf; Could you cope in London if you were deaf? Alex Hannaford takes a tour and discovers an unfriendly city
Byline: ALEX HANNAFORD
BRITISH Sign Language for "London "is a swift circular movement of the forefinger around the ear. It literally means "noisy ". To me, right now, it seems rather less noisy: I've been given a set of wax earplugs in an attempt to find out what effect hearing loss has on everyday life in the capital.
One million Londoners are deaf or hard of hearing, and last night the Royal National Institute for Deaf People (RNID) was asking Ken Livingstone's Greater London Authority to improve life here for them. The earplugs are there to show me what they 're talking about.
See also: https://www.facebook.com/CarSpeakersRev ... rSpeakers/
My guide for the day is Sophie Woolley, assistant editor of the RNID's One in Seven magazine, who is hard of hearing. We meet in the Festival Hall cafe - "an acoustic nightmare", says Sophie. Its high ceilings, hard surfaces and wooden floors ensure voices become dull echoes. Background noise seems hugely amplified. We are sitting quite a distance from the cappuccino machine, but its persistent whirr is the only thing I can hear.
Sophie occasionally wears an analogue hearing aid, but says the technology is 30 years old. "It feels like I 'm in a bad art film, "she says. "If I put down my coffee on the table it 's so loud. "
Digital hearing aids cut out a lot of the background noise and offer much better sound quality, but she doesn't have one because they cost [pound]2,500 each privately and only two hospitals in London provide them on the NHS (for [pound]150) if you have the right post code.
The readout on the cash till is obscured, so I have to ask the assistant to repeat what the coffee cost. It is this sort of tiny irritation that will become increasingly tiresome as the day goes on. I can now hear the drone of conversation from the few tables behind me, but close-up conversation is difficult to catch.
Next stop is The Hayward Gallery, which, ironically, is hosting an exhibition by Francisco Goya, who went profoundly deaf after an illness at the age of 47. The gallery gets the thumbs-up for deaf awareness. It has a Minicom text phone service and all talks and drawing classes are BSL interpreted.
Read more: https://www.scoop.it/t/how-to-choose-be ... nch-4-inch
When I ask at the ticket desk about gallery membership, and for directions to the Gents and to the offices of London Weekend Television, which are nearby, the attendant produces a leaflet, points out the toilet and keeps eye-contact when explaining the way to LWT, mouthing the words slowly and clearly. "He's had deaf-awareness training, "Sophie says approvingly as we leave the building.
AT Waterloo station we waste at least half an hour hunting for the text phone. The Underground staff don 't know what a Minicom is, and direct us to the information point. "Do you mean the blind-deaf phone? "ask the South West Trains assistants, and send us down to the international terminal. A security guard there points towards one of the new state-of-the art BT Multiphones.
Here you can surf the internet, send email, use the voice telephone, even send mobile-phone text messages, but it 's not a text phone. We queue in the travel centre information office where the man behind the desk, still irritated from the previous customer, has no idea where the text phone is, snaps at us, and suggests the London Visitors 'Centre.
We give up. (Apparently, says Railtrack, the elusive text phone does exist between platforms one and two. Later, we have much the same experience at King 's Cross. No one knows where that text phone is, either. ) Walking down the steps to the Underground I can 't hear anyone approaching behind me and a couple of people bump into me when I fail to move out of the way.
The platform is full of people but there is total silence. It's all very strange.
"When people are getting off the Tube I can't hear them say 'Excuse me', and they don 't want to tap you on the shoulder, "Sophie says. "It would be great if everyone had deaf-awareness training. "
Once, says Sophie, she went to a restaurant with a group of profoundly deaf friends and they sat at a large table so they could sign to each other.
A waitress trotted over and asked how long they planned to be there. "It 's our busy time, " she said. The restaurant was more or less empty. Cinemas, she says, are getting better. Following the RNID's subtitling campaign there 's a limited number of films with captions. "Normally we 'd wait a year for them to come out on video with closed captioning. "
The signs are good on the Underground, and the "Mind the gap "warning at Waterloo is loud enough if you have some hearing. But there are no flashing warnings as the doors close, and if stations have been shut, a train terminates unexpectedly or is delayed, the information is given over the speaker system and is useless for deaf people.
WE decide to head for the Science Museum.
Toshiba touch-screen information computers are dotted around each floor which are ideal - just what we 're looking for. The third-floor flight lab is full of things to do and strong on visuals. The cafe, too, is good. The cash till readout is tilted towards me - small things like this are so easy to change, but it makes a vast difference to anyone hard of hearing. And the acoustics and design of the building are such that there are no echoes or monotonous background noise to contend with, which is a relief.
Hailing a cab back to the RNID offices near Old Street, I ask the driver whether his car has a speaker system in the back. "No, "he replies.
"What do you want one of them for? "The Evening
What deaf people want from the GLA
To ensure staff in transport, health care and the police have deaf-awareness training.
To be consulted in decisions concerning deaf people.
More visual public announcements to make it easier to use public transport and services.
The provision of sign-language interpreters, lip-speakers and speech-to-text operators to aid communication between deaf and hearing people.
To set up an information centre to aid deaf people and to inform the public, businesses and organisations how they can make themselves more accessible to the deaf and the hard of hearing.
'It's very frustrating every day'
Robert Currington, 28
"Making an appointment with a doctor is frustrating because they don't have a Minicom and there are no visual displays in the waiting room to tell me when it is my turn. It's also very difficult to understand what the doctor is saying and what is wrong with me. "
Sian Patterson, 28
"The three worst places for poor communication are hospitals, shops and public transport stations. I recently missed a train which made me late for work because I couldn't hear the announcement. It's a practical difficulty I have to encounter every day and it's very frustrating."
Asif Iqbal, 25
See also : https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-inst ... music-land

"Station guards can help those with 'visible' physical disabilities - such as people in wheelchairs or blind people - but they don't realise when someone is deaf. I find it difficult to call shops or make enquiries as they don't have text phones, Typetalk or shop assistants who are deaf aware, with sign language skills. "
Last edited by adrienne224 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: Why I can't activate my copy of Farming Simulator (Digital Version), Add-on or DLC?

Post by Lisertan »

Hey there, could you please get in touch with our support team? Details here: http://www.farming-simulator.com/support.php
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon