Multiple mowings

Exfarmer89

Multiple mowings

Post by Exfarmer89 »

I have FS14 right now and will be getting 16 soon. Question. Do the grass mowings accumulate as in 14 so you can collect larger amounts at once , or does the mowed grass disappear when you mow the field again?
Dr. Bob

Re: Multiple mowings

Post by Dr. Bob »

It behaves the same as in FS14. You can mow many times and then collect. I seem to remember teddering or windrowing destroying the accumulation. I believe it's in the bug topic somewhere. You only need to tedder a field once (ever) in order for baling to work forever as far as I know. If you only collect loose clippings with loader wagons this is not an issue.

When baling a field that has been mowed many times you very quickly produce more bales the game can show and above 50 bales the oldest disappear again so stop and collect the bales first. Once they are on Arcusin auto stackers you can store as many as you want. They are outside of the bale limit on the fields.

When there are so many bales on a field some bales may refuse to be picked up and the scoop goes right through them (bug!). Just pick up others first and after a while the 'ghost' bales will be picked up again.
Exfarmer89

Re: Multiple mowings

Post by Exfarmer89 »

Thanks Dr Bob. That info is very helpful in my planning. In FS 14 I mowed a field 13 times before baling and got 369 bales of hay, compared to only 28 bales after a single mowing.