Harvester not working

Sacul6

Harvester not working

Post by Sacul6 »

I cannot get my green harvester to work. I forgot what it's called but it cost $190.000. I tried to buy anew attachment to for the front also but it won't hook to it. Anyone??
Dr. Bob

Re: Harvester not working

Post by Dr. Bob »

You can only use the same brand (Deutz Fahr) headers with that one. Check you use the right one for the job. The $15.000 one is for harvesting wheat or canola and the $20.000 one is for harvesting corn only. If you use them on the wrong crop they won't do anything. Not sure whether the farmer will tell you you're using the wrong equipment or not. Maybe only once.

And the crop must be ripe for harvesting (brown) but not wilted. Once you're too late the only thing you can do is plough again and start over.

Happy harvesting.
Tayyaba

Post by Tayyaba »

Dr. Bob wrote:You can only use the same brand (Deutz Fahr) headers with that one. Check you use the right one for the job. The $15.000 one is for harvesting wheat or canola and the $20.000 one is for harvesting corn only. If you use them on the wrong crop they won't do anything. Not sure whether the farmer will tell you you're using the wrong equipment or not. Maybe only once.

And the crop must be ripe for harvesting (brown) but not wilted. Once you're too late the only thing you can do is plough again and start over.

Happy harvesting.
Hi i tried this same brand of havrester and headers but its not working plz guide me my corn is wasting all the time
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

First of all, the Green Harvester (Deutz Fahr) is in Farming Simulator 14 and not in FS16, so I'm assuming you're using FS14 and not FS16. I skipped mentioning this the previous time but it's useful to be certain. This is the FS 16 sub forum. FS 14 has it's own sub forum.

You need the combination of the right harvester with the right header AND the right crop.

If you use the Corn header and it doesn't harvest then the harvester might still have wheat or canola in it's internal storage. You'll need to empty it first, but I think you get an error message telling you this, but maybe it’s a short 'toast' message that you might have missed.

The only other two possibilities seem that you didn't sow corn but wheat or canola, OR the corn isn't yet ready to be harvested, but I expect you to have checked these. The harvester not being empty is my first bet.
ikrebs

Post by ikrebs »

I have the same problem but I sowed wheat and I'm using the Comia C6. The icon for harvesting and hiring the helper won't show up for some reason. I'm really worried my crops will die so does anyone have any advice? Also my crops are already gold so I need a reply as soon as possible. Thanks
derSchreiner
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by derSchreiner »

Hello ikrebs,

is your harvester empty?
Can you post a picture of this issue, please.
Grüße derSchreiner

How to report a BUG -> German / English | How to post a log file | How to upload images
ikrebs

Post by ikrebs »

yes it is empty but the harvest button won't pop up since it is ready for harvesting. I'm nervous to even open the app because the crops could die soon or might be dead already.
derSchreiner

Post by derSchreiner »

Are you using the right header for the Comia C6, like this at the picture?

And your wheat is'nt died now?

Open the game and make a screenshot, so we can help you better, please.
Grüße derSchreiner

How to report a BUG -> German / English | How to post a log file | How to upload images
ikrebs

Post by ikrebs »

does it need a header? Because I haven't been using one at all. I can't send a screenshot because it is in the wrong format.
derSchreiner

Post by derSchreiner »

Yes you need a header, take a look at my screenshot, without a header the harvester can't work.

You can upload your screenshot there: https://image.giants-software.com/
and post the link here in the thread
Grüße derSchreiner

ikrebs

Post by ikrebs »

Thanks for your help! it works now.
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

ikrebs wrote:I have the same problem but I sowed wheat and I'm using the Comia C6. The icon for harvesting and hiring the helper won't show up for some reason. I'm really worried my crops will die so does anyone have any advice? Also my crops are already gold so I need a reply as soon as possible. Thanks
One of the traps you can easily fall into early in the game is running out of money, resulting in your workers going on strike :-| and the automation option disappearing from your screens. It can happen for instance when a worker is fertilising a field and runs out of fertiliser, he then automatically goes off to the fertiliser shed and fills up the spreader thereby depleting your funds. He is then stuck at the fertiliser shed. Refuses to do any more work and so do the other 'workers'. :-P

It can also happen when automatically refuelling or getting more seed.

So just check your money balance. When it says 000000000 you'll have to do everything yourself and drive the harvester and everything until you have delivered and sold some crop to replenish your bank account again.

Strike over and everything works again. :D