On 2 different Windows 10 devices | Could not load game! Data is missing or corrupt

heraut

On 2 different Windows 10 devices | Could not load game! Data is missing or corrupt

Post by heraut »

I have purchased Farming Simulator 16 on both Windows 10 devices of my children via the Windows Store. On both devices after about one day of playing the game, we receive the following error when trying to load a save game:
“Could not load game! Data is missing or corrupt”

I have reinstalled the game on both systems, but the error returns after about a day. This is very unfortunate because I also purchased credits in game and the game doesnt offer any method of creating an extra savegame.

Can somebody please assist me in restoring the save games? and help me with preventing this issue in the future?

A picture of the error is available via the following url: https://ibb.co/mt6MOw
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Re: On 2 different Windows 10 devices | Could not load game! Data is missing or corrupt

Post by böserlöwe »

the FS16 is made for Mobiles and Pads on Android, Macphones. But its an older Version so the new one is the FS18.
For Laptop or Tower-PC with Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1 or 10 you have to use and buye the FS17 as Download or DVD.
heraut

Re: On 2 different Windows 10 devices | Could not load game! Data is missing or corrupt

Post by heraut »

I have purchased FS16 this week. FS16 is the latest available FS version from the Windows Store. The also still sell FS14. Do you mean that FS16 should no longer be sold? How does that help me with my problem?
böserlöwe

Post by böserlöwe »

On your Photo i see a laptop with windows.
so the best solution for you is the FS17, not 16

look here https://www.farming-simulator.com/about ... latform=pc

For more or Other questions you can write a email to the support@giants-software.com
They will look what the can do for you.
heraut

Post by heraut »

The game is intended for my children (aged 3 and 5), FS16 is much easier to use then FS17. As Giant-Software sells this game via the Windows Store (at: https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/store/p ... blggh5xhtn), the best solution for us is that the game actually works reliably and that save games are not corrupted, with no way to restore a backup.

I appreciate your response, but your suggestion makes no sense and does nothing to resolve the problem on the games I have actually purchased.
böserlöwe

Post by böserlöwe »

i know, but i have no other solution.
i am sorry, but i can do no more for you.
heraut

Post by heraut »

I understand, thank you for your time.

Do you perhaps know how to make a backup of savegeames? that would make the bug less of an issue.
böserlöwe

Post by böserlöwe »

The fs16 has nothing else than the Cloud for some Backup. But it dosn´t go on Windows Systems.
The FS 17 has the function of 10 Backups directly on PC.

you can try on this helpsite, https://www.farming-simulator.com/suppo ... country=gb if you could find your answer.
Or you can try to call the Phonenumber of Support...
But we have weekend today, so i can not give you the Garantie of a connection to some Supporter...
Sorry, its the wrong Time at wrong System with wrong Gameversion...
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

FS16 is not a Windows 10 Desktop platform, even though it's being sold for Windows 10, it's directed towards Windows 10 phones, not Windows 10 computers. FS17 is your best bet if you don't want any problems.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
heraut

Post by heraut »

I just received a response from GIANT Software. They do not actually support the games they sell via the Windows Store. This is a huge surprise to me and will possibly result in the withdrawal of their games from the Store. I will contact Microsoft regarding this situation.

[]
Thank you for your email,

Regrettably, Farming Simulator 16 is a mobile version of our game and is optimized for mobile devices.

In your case, we cannot further help you. There is indeed no option to save your games with the cloud on PC.

We understand if you want a refund and in that case you need to contact the support of Windows store.

Thank you for your understanding,

Best regards,
GIANTS Software Support Team
[/]
CGuet

Post by CGuet »

I downloaded Farming Simulator 18 to my sons' kindle fire. This game worked great up until recently. Now on the one world he created with a tractor that he paid for with real money he receives the same message Data is missing or Corrupt

How do we fix this?