How to switch back to previous vehicle?

hasab

How to switch back to previous vehicle?

Post by hasab »

Hi.

I can't find the way to switch back to previous vehicle.
In FS14 I could switch back and forth between vehicles by slide the screen left or right but in FS16 sliding the screen to any direction only turns the view.
Last edited by hasab on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buddy2004

Re: How to switch back to previous vehicle?

Post by Buddy2004 »

Click on the tractor button to switch, only switches one way
hasab

Post by hasab »

Buddy2004 wrote:Click on the tractor button to switch, only switches one way
Hi.
Thanks for the reply. Of course I know how to use the tractor button but my problem is that it only switches one way and it is not possible to switch backwards.
I don't understand, why the switch backward function has been deleted in the new version if it was very useful and worked well in FS14!
Buddy2004

Post by Buddy2004 »

I could see that being a very useful option
hasab

Post by hasab »

Buddy2004 wrote:I could see that being a very useful option
Me too. :-) Maybe it will come back in FS 17/18. :-D
Buddy2004

Post by Buddy2004 »

Or in an update
hasab

Post by hasab »

Buddy2004 wrote:Or in an update
I hope a prophet speaks from you! ;-)
And I hope the developers working on this.
M.A.R.C.
GIANTS Software | Lead Artist

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Regrettably the feature got dropped for the smoother camera. Also on the large Map you can switch even more quickly to directly the right vehicle once you have a ton to manage by just tapping it. But true it was useful when you over tapped while switching vehicles. We'll check again to include it if possible.
hasab

Post by hasab »

M.A.R.C. wrote:Regrettably the feature got dropped for the smoother camera. Also on the large Map you can switch even more quickly to directly the right vehicle once you have a ton to manage by just tapping it. But true it was useful when you over tapped while switching vehicles. We'll check again to include it if possible.
The smooth camera use is actually beatific in FS16. In FS14 the camera movement was very rugged. So if you dont want to ruin it, maybe you should just put two tractor button instead of one to allow switching back and forth between vehicles.
Navan

Post by Navan »

I'm for the two tractor button myself as i actually found it bothersome going to move the camera and end up swapping tractors back in 14.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Navan wrote:I'm for the two tractor button myself as i actually found it bothersome going to move the camera and end up swapping tractors back in 14.
Yes you are right. Sometimes I also switched vehicle instead of moving the view in 14. :) And when I wanted to move the view just a little bit, the swiping at the first 1 inch didnt work. But in FS12 all the switching and moving the view with sliding worked so fine, flawlessly.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Tapping on the needed vehicle on the map to quickly switch to it is quite usable, I just realized. Earlier it wasnt so confortable to use it because I could not tap precisely on the needed vehicle, I dont know if it has been improved or not, compared to the prev versions. But until the swipe-to-change-vehicle function will be restored, this is a good thing to use instead.
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

What a great trick. Thanks for pointing this out. (Actually, with 12 vehicles, I hated cycling through all to get back to the one I used previously).
hasab

Post by hasab »

I hate it too... :) Thats why I tried to find another method to quickly switch. And thanks Giants for this too. ;)
hasab

Post by hasab »

A REALLY HUGE THANKS for the two tractor buttons in the version 1.0.1.0 (released at Oct.15.2015)!! :biggrin2: *thumbsup*

I think this topic should be closed because the starting question got answered and the problem got solved.
Thanks for the rapid solution! :hi: