FS16 Bug Collection

Delta

FS16 Bug Collection

Post by Delta »

Hello, to help keep the FS16 forum from getting cluttered and to make it easier for the giants team to see all the bugs. Please post all bugs here. Also please specify which platform your on (Android,ios,etc).
Example of how a bug report should look:
- Vehicle/Object:
- Platform:(Android, ios, etc)
- Bug/Problem:
- Singleplayer or Multiplayer:
- Happens if I do:

Please make sure your bug/issue is reproducible.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
JayKayEm

Re: FS16 Bug Collection

Post by JayKayEm »

Dear Delta420,

My bugs are as follows (these are from previous threads, but consolidated here as per your request).

Platform :
iPhone 6plus
Latest iOS and latest FS update (that cured the crashing low loader ramps)
Single-player

1 ) Gyro and horizon settings do not stay as you set them and you have to change it EVERYTIME you load the game! When you load FS16 - and indeed FS14 - and go into "SETTINGS", GYROSCOPE is set to "OFF" and HORIZON TILT is set to "ON". My preference is the exact opposite of this - I like GYRO "ON" and HORIZON TILT "OFF". So, I change these, and play happily.

The next time I play the game, these settings are not maintained for the user - so I have to go into settings again and change these two checkboxes EVERYTIME! Very frustrating.

I emailed this to GIANTS for FS14 and did get a reply but unfortunately it has carried over.

Cumulatively, over the last couple of years, the mathematical calculation of times I have had to change these setting(s) easily totals 600+ times, rising of course daily.

2 ) Annoying crash point for auto-driver when sewing that field (map shows) :

3 ) Sometimes the log carrier doesn't pick up a log and it just freezes. This happens when you park too close to a log. The hydraulic arm goes down, attempts to pick it up, gets confused, the grab goes up as if to drop the log in the cradle but it's not holding anything. The log carrier speed control is not restored (screen right) so its essentially jammed in auto mode. The only way I have found to reset the log carrier is by putting it on and off the low loader. The below picture shows the log carrier in its jammed state parked next to the log it failed to pick up :

4 ) Logs are mysteriously appearing blocking a road. I don't know why they appear there - I have found no causation factor. They are perfectly alligned and can be collected like any other log. Bizzare :

5 ) Annoying crash point for auto-driver when re-filling the fertilizer spreader. It tries to turn round but crashes into the shed :

6 ) Prices are out of line and not relative. For example, the price of the Lizard pick up truck is MORE than a combine harvester! Also, a low loader semi-trailer with hydraulic ramps is 23,000 yet a grain semi-trailer is 180,000? These are so ludicrous it must be a ‘bug’.

7 ) Annoying crash point for auto-driver for the closest grass field. Yes I know trees can be cut but still...

8 ) The auto-driver when using the baler is not very efficient. It over sweeps 50% of that already driven on the return run. Due to such all the bales collide with the front wheels and it pushes bales to the end. The final result is excessive wages paid, diesel use and a mess of bales!

9 ) The log carrier gets jammed at the harbor when dropping off logs on auto-drive :

10 ) Hired tractor drivers. When you stop them mid field, use them for another chore and return them to the same field, when you re-activate auto-drive, sometimes they steer into the bit already cut/seeded. They haven't got the intelligence to reume cutting/seeding that not already done.

11) Low Loader problems

a) You put the ramps down and switch to driving the log carrier. You then drive on your log carrier. The log carrier goes mental and magically spins round and round, pushing the truck out of control. It does this every once in five attempts. This is hard to represent in a picture but I screen dumped when it happened :

b) The log carrier doesn't go on far enough and the ramps graphically go through its rear end. The low loader is long enough - its just that auto drive stops too soon.

c) When you drive the combination of truck/low loader/log carrier, the driving physics totally change. The low loader becomes a massive pendulum and you have a degree of rear wheel steer from the semi-trailer. Its uncontrollable at speed. Its like because you are carrying a centre-pivot steering vehicle, these characteristics are transferred to the truck. The same goes for the rear-steering combine. Carry the combine and the articulated truck steers odd. If you load a front steering vehicle like a tractor, everything is normal. Now I know SOME low loader semi-trailers DO have rear wheel steer to help negotiate corners/roundabouts better - but it should do this all the time - or not at all - or allow that function to be user switchable.

12) The hydraulic grab for the log carrier disappears into the ground :

13) Hill tiles inverted or out of place :

14) When your phone has an 'audio event' (i.e. alarm, timer, text), game audio is lost after that point. Engine noises disappear. The game has to be re-loaded to restore game sound effects.

Thank you for reading and I hope for resolutions. Regards, Jay.
FS12 on iOS (83hrs) : FS14 on iOS (72hrs & $4m) : FS16 on iOS (223hrs & $23m) : FS18 on iOS (173hrs & $46m) : FS20 on iOS (struggling !) :confusednew:
Buddy2004

Post by Buddy2004 »

Good overview
Buddy2004

Post by Buddy2004 »

To fix the crashing into tree with auto driver I cut them down lol
hasab

Re: FS16 Bug Collection: annoying faults in the map design

Post by hasab »

@JayKayEm
Very informative and complete collection of bugs, all of the annoying glitches has been listed. *thumbsup*
It seems you are quite a massive virtual farmer! :wink3:

I would like to add one another thing to the list, actually it's not a bug rather then an annoying fault in the map design:
The most efficient plowing/sowing/harvesting direction would be lengthwise on the fields, because of the less slow turning maneuver, but on some fields it can't be done because of the buildings that are too close to the field, for example:
- the small house to north of the field near the Mill;
- the shed to south of the biggest field near the Station;
- the shed to west of the second field below the Sawmill.
Last edited by hasab on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Buddy2004 wrote:To fix the crashing into tree with auto driver I cut them down lol
Yes, me too, but you can't cut the shed near the field in the northern area or the container in the Harbor, or the house at the Mill. :biggrin2:
Delta

Post by Delta »

Thank you Jay for the compiled list of bugs/issues. Hopefully this thread will better help the Giants team in improving the game by having everything listed in one place. If anyone finds anymore bugs report them here.
Happy Farming.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
hasab

Post by hasab »

Next bug:
The Loading wagons are useless on some meadows because they get stuck in nearly objects.
- meadow to the north of the HQ - the tractor equipped with loading wagon collides with the house and stops moving;
- meadow to the south of the HQ - the tractor equipped with loading wagon collides with the lake and stops moving;
- meadow to the south of the Station - the tractor equipped with loading wagon collides with the Station house, and the trees around the meadow needs to be cut;
- meadow to the south of the Mill - didn't try but the mountain looks very close.
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

15) So I have finally achieved it and can afford the New Holland CR10.90 tracked combine. Its a beast! I fitted the corn header which is a 'flip-up' header. This means the outer sides rotate up to reduce width. I have downloaded the PDF sales book from New Holland and it all looks the same. However, I was immediately disappointed as it crashes into everything. It appears that although the header flips-up to reduce width, the actual programmed width does not change. It still maintains the width as though the flip header was down.

For example, the below picture shows the CR10.90 having just crashed to a stop.

It's hitting that wall with its invisible width, even though its graphical width is clear by miles....

Annoyingly, the flip-up feature is designed to increase maneuverability!
FS12 on iOS (83hrs) : FS14 on iOS (72hrs & $4m) : FS16 on iOS (223hrs & $23m) : FS18 on iOS (173hrs & $46m) : FS20 on iOS (struggling !) :confusednew:
hasab

Post by hasab »

@JayKayEm:
You are right, I also noticed this bug. :-)
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

Just some updates / additions :

Addition to my previously raised 'bug 1') Re. my bug report of "1) Gyro and horizon settings do not stay as you set them". In the 14 days that have passed since I wrote that, playing the game 4 times/day average when I can, I have had to change those settings a minimum of 56 times and counting. It is driving me round the bend. Whats even more annoying is that I raised this for FS14. That is just 14 days - can you imagine the cumulative tally for three years! :shock:

Addition to my previously raised 'bug 2') I am losing track of all the crash points using auto-driver. Auto-driver is an excellent function but its no good if there is a crash point for each and every vehicle. Below are two more screen dumps of stuck auto-drivers......

New bug 16) Since updating to iOS9, the game is crashing all the time. Sometimes it will not run longer than 40 seconds. The game crashed previosuly before iOS9 but very rarely. Now, its doing it all the time, enough to make the game unplayable. I have cleaned my phone, turned on/off etc. This is in conjunction with mandatory GAME CENTER flag each time the game loads - even though my Game Center is disabled.

PLEASE - can we have an update on whats going on and some sort of confirmation that this list of 16 bugs (from me alone) is being looked into. The game in its current unstable state is unplayable.

Many thanks.
Navan

Post by Navan »

What I've noticed is that sometimes it just takes starting the worker in a different location on the field and they'll compete fine. Problem is we shouldn't have to find the sweet spot for each field imho. Further, sending for any of the other section's, transport, cleaning, fueling, should imho have no crash points at least once onto any roads, but as illustrated there are multiple.

Also the gyro, tilt settings stay put if you leave them _both_ off, but i like driving with gyro but hate tilt so when i leave gyro on i find it reversed as reported when i reopen after the game was last closed.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

We are working on the issues you mentioned (any several more) and fixed already most of them. As soon as all of the changes are well tested, we'll release it. So there will be an update soon.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Stegei wrote:We are working on the issues you mentioned (any several more) and fixed already most of them. As soon as all of the changes are well tested, we'll release it. So there will be an update soon.
Dear Stegei!

I am really glad to read this!! :coolnew: *thumbsup*
(If I can help in testing, just ask and I will gladly be ready to help!)

BR
hasab
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

Stegei wrote:We are working on the issues you mentioned (any several more) and fixed already most of them. As soon as all of the changes are well tested, we'll release it. So there will be an update soon.
That's really good news, thanks for the update *thumbsup*